IGNORED

Highlights up...

cityexile

9 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Yes they missed our pen shout but the only meaningful highlights were from Bolton. Worth remembering when we hear the invetible "great performance/we was robbed" post match interviews. 

Defiantly 2 points dropped

Surely two points dropped is when you batter the opposition. If you've been battered yourself it is a point gained? I would imagine it is somewhere in between.

27 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Yes they missed our pen shout but the only meaningful highlights were from Bolton. Worth remembering when we hear the invetible "great performance/we was robbed" post match interviews. 

Defiantly 2 points dropped

That would be other than the stone cold pen that we weren't allowed to see and the Kodjia shot that hit the post?

And I expect you mean definitely not defiantly ;)

14 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Surely two points dropped is when you batter the opposition. If you've been battered yourself it is a point gained? I would imagine it is somewhere in between.

Bolton were berefet of confidence and it seemed we started on the front foot and they seemed there for the taking. But as usual, we wasted chances and come the end it seemed we could of/should of lost. Against a team that poor i think its a bit rich to come out AGAIN and bemoan our luck when any other team would have won that game comfortably. I'm grateful we didn't lose but gutted we didn't take advantage of a team in such terrible form. On the face of it we won't have a better chance of 3 points all season. 

2 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Bolton were berefet of confidence and it seemed we started on the front foot and they seemed there for the taking. But as usual, we wasted chances and come the end it seemed we could of/should of lost. Against a team that poor i think its a bit rich to come out AGAIN and bemoan our luck when any other team would have won that game comfortably. I'm grateful we didn't lose but gutted we didn't take advantage of a team in such terrible form. On the face of it we won't have a better chance of 3 points all season. 

They have at home beaten Wolves, drawn against us, Leeds, Brighton, Sheff Wed, Forest, and Derby, and lost to Birmingham. Would have loved to have won today, but they are hardly a gimmie at their place.

1 minute ago, Sargent Pepper said:

I don't see us missing sitters though very often. I think the way we play, passing our way into shooting positions means that there is often not a great amount of time and space when we get chances. We don't seem to hit teams on the break too well. Be good if we could mix it up a bit more. I am confident though that we will score goals as kodjia and agard are both goalscorers. A shame we don't really have goals coming from anywhere else on the pitch other than our strikers. We have been poor at set pieces this season too. Overall I think today sounded like Bolton defended very well and in the end a point is decent, considering they had their chances in the 2nd half. 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Looks like on side to me,the last city player trying to block the cross looks level to me

That is the player I was looking at. No complaints from me mind. We do seem open to these balls across the face of our goal, really could have lost to Cardiff and Bolton to them late on. Seven of our outfield players in sight, and still two of their four are free!

58 minutes ago, Jonbristol said:

I don't see us missing sitters though very often. I think the way we play, passing our way into shooting positions means that there is often not a great amount of time and space when we get chances. We don't seem to hit teams on the break too well. Be good if we could mix it up a bit more. I am confident though that we will score goals as kodjia and agard are both goalscorers. A shame we don't really have goals coming from anywhere else on the pitch other than our strikers. We have been poor at set pieces this season too. Overall I think today sounded like Bolton defended very well and in the end a point is decent, considering they had their chances in the 2nd half. 

Agree with most of that. But if you listen to SC we dominate every game and have a hat full of chances and are just unlucky. I realise he wants to keep the belief amongst the squad (and supporters) but sooner or later we have to look at what we can do better. Losing to Fulham, Reading or Wednesday won't relegate us but dropped points against Preston, Cardiff and Bolton might.

20 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Agree with most of that. But if you listen to SC we dominate every game and have a hat full of chances and are just unlucky. I realise he wants to keep the belief amongst the squad (and supporters) but sooner or later we have to look at what we can do better. Losing to Fulham, Reading or Wednesday won't relegate us but dropped points against Preston, Cardiff and Bolton might.

Given Boltons home record this year, a  point and clean sheet there is a decent result, particularly if 2 penalty decisions go against you.

Archived