IGNORED

Kit Symons

RedLionLad

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Might pave the way for a Matt Smith return if the new manager doesn't want him.

My first thought too, either that or we'll have no chance as the new manager likes him. Not a sacking I saw happening after they played us recently.

Apparently every London club in the Championship have sacked their managers this season

23 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Peopersonaltill fascinated with Smith. Yes, he'd add to the squad and he was great in his loan whilst we were in league 1. Would I want us spending 3m and paying him 15k per week? No. He's not that good.

I did'nt know a fee had been quoted or his personal terms made pubic.

Apologies.  

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People still fascinated with Smith. Yes, he'd add to the squad and he was great in his loan whilst we were in league 1. Would I want us spending 3m and paying him 15k per week? No. He's not that good.

He's relatively young, has Championship experience, and City would know what it was getting.  If Andre Gray is worth £6m, then £3m for Smith seems about right. Plus, he would probably be a good foil for Kidjia. Cotts has said he would like to sign another Wilbraham, who is 10 years younger, so he fits the bill. 

13 hours ago, archie andrews said:

like there near neighbours qpr.....a bonkers club

And Charlton and Brentford... Is there a pattern here?...

12 hours ago, RedM said:

My first thought too, either that or we'll have no chance as the new manager likes him. Not a sacking I saw happening after they played us recently.

Apparently every London club in the Championship have sacked their managers this season

Oh look there it is... Must be some nasty smell in the air; the only place it smells like roses then is directly above the Gillespie and Blackstock Roads.

Nigel Pearson is wanted by both QPR and Fulham apparently.

I was in London on Saturday and happened to be exiting QPR's local tube station (White City) just as they were piling in after the match. God they were a grumpy lot, not a good word to say about their team. I thought they had been thrashed 5 nil or something, instead I looked and found they were held to a goalless draw by Preston. 

I guess that just shows the high expectation that they and Fulham expect, nothing less than winning every week. The Premiership is the only place they can fund themselves, it's that or bust because of their financial commitments. A frighening thought.

5 hours ago, RedM said:

I guess that just shows the high expectation that they and Fulham expect, nothing less than winning every week. The Premiership is the only place they can fund themselves, it's that or bust because of their financial commitments. A frighening thought.

If FFP applied to them, of course.

Archived