IGNORED

Alan Pardew...

BS4 on Tour...

His Palace team have beaten Liverpool in their last three games and two of those were at Anfield.

Looking at what he has done overall I reckon a lot of Geordies (the most loyal and passionate fans in the world by the way, according to them) wish they hadn't hounded him out...

Whether anyone likes it or not, Pardew may well be in the frame for the England manager's job when Roy calls it a day...

2 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Seems like a solid manager, but can't see him winning anything, or being given a chance at a club with the resources to win  the Prem or FA cup. This is a shame, as I think there's a glass ceiling for certain managers given the disparity between clubs.

I think he laid his own glass ceiling with his antics and his nutting of that Hull player Meyler etc. Whilst he has done well with Palace they've not been under immense pressure yet. As soon as they are I expect him to demonstrate once again his lack of self-control.

25 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I think many Newcastle fans were Not happy that he was Ashleys whipping boy and just towwd the line.

Nah, Newcastle fans are just the same as anyone else. They'd gladly never be reminded how there was a significant, vitriolic campaign from the stands to oust Sir Bobby Robson.

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Nah, Newcastle fans are just the same as anyone else. They'd gladly never be reminded how there was a significant, vitriolic campaign from the stands to oust Sir Bobby Robson.

I was a Newcastle season ticket holder throughout the Bobby Robson era.. there was never a "vitriolic campaign" against him.. in fact, most supporters were genuinely devastated the day he left the club. There will always be a vocal fanbase who oppose the manager whenever things are going bad, but they were the minority in this case.

1 hour ago, Buckeyed said:

I was a Newcastle season ticket holder throughout the Bobby Robson era.. there was never a "vitriolic campaign" against him.. in fact, most supporters were genuinely devastated the day he left the club. There will always be a vocal fanbase who oppose the manager whenever things are going bad, but they were the minority in this case.

So you're a city fan and a Newcastle fan?  Never heard of that combo before, how did that happen?

But as for Pardew, he's doing a cracking job.  Had some comical moments with Jurgen yesterday that have been captured really well on the BBC football page.

1 hour ago, Buckeyed said:

Fair enough you clearly were closer to it than I was, but I certainly remember protests outside the ground about Bobby, I remember clear as day a particular game (think it may have been end of the season) when St James' Park was honestly empty and him getting absolutely hounded for replacing an underfiring Shearer. From afar it seemed absolutely a case of Bobby Robson doing well at Newcastle and then becoming a victim of his own success as fan expectation grew far too wildly.

19 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

So you're a city fan and a Newcastle fan?  Never heard of that combo before, how did that happen?

But as for Pardew, he's doing a cracking job.  Had some comical moments with Jurgen yesterday that have been captured really well on the BBC football page.

I am from Newcastle, well actually 10 miles away in Northumberland, but they are the local team. I moved to the south-west almost a decade ago.. and missed the weekend football terribly. Now that my two sons are old enough to go to the football I wanted them to support their local team rather than one of the big teams like their school mates do (Chelsea, Man Utd etc) so I started taking them to watch City a few years ago and this year we got our first season tickets.

I appreciate that I'm not a seasoned city fan like most on here, but I sing just as loud as anybody come match day!

12 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

I am from Newcastle, well actually 10 miles away in Northumberland, but they are the local team. I moved to the south-west almost a decade ago.. and missed the weekend football terribly. Now that my two sons are old enough to go to the football I wanted them to support their local team rather than one of the big teams like their school mates do (Chelsea, Man Utd etc) so I started taking them to watch City a few years ago and this year we got our first season tickets.

I appreciate that I'm not a seasoned city fan like most on here, but I sing just as loud as anybody come match day!

Good choice, you did your sons proud!  Did the tactic work and have you managed to suppress their instincts to follow a Prem team?

21 hours ago, 29AR said:

Fair enough you clearly were closer to it than I was, but I certainly remember protests outside the ground about Bobby, I remember clear as day a particular game (think it may have been end of the season) when St James' Park was honestly empty and him getting absolutely hounded for replacing an underfiring Shearer. From afar it seemed absolutely a case of Bobby Robson doing well at Newcastle and then becoming a victim of his own success as fan expectation grew far too wildly.

Yes it did work.. I often here arguments with their mates over who is better, Kodjia or Rooney!

Archived