IGNORED

Best pub for 45 mins...

BallygowanRobin

Hello all,

Right so I've booked a trip to Bristol to watch us play Hull next weekend. Buzzing, but the downside is my flight from Belfast only gets to Bristol at 11:15am and by the time I've been taxi'd over it'll probably be around 11:45...

What's the best shout for a quick 45 minute pinting session then? BS3, El Rincon, the new sports bar...? Don't want to be waiting 20 mins for every drink if it's really busy given the short time, but obviously not wanting to be the only fan in a bar haha!

Cheers

7 minutes ago, shepton red said:

Mate, so if you land at 11.15, realistically you will be clear airport 11.40-45, taxi wont be cheap, I would pre book or get the bus. Get to the ground at 12.10, plenty of time for a few bees.

Robins would be my advice.

It's a 12.30 ko. To be honest with traffic of late and your plane arrival time,  just get in the ground for a beer.

Thanks for the replies lads, though I'm unsure over your timing. 

Taxi is booked and all. I've no baggage to collect and because it's a UK to UK flight I literally get off the plane and walk straight through to arrivals, out the revolving doors and get into my waiting taxi.

Absolute worst case scenario I'm in the taxi at 11:30, I've done this plenty of times before.

Anyway it's what, 20 mins to AG area. And if the traffic is shocking I can always get out a bit earlier and walk if it's going to be quicker.

....have heard of trips going 'to Hull and back' being potentially problematic. Seen it on TV once.

Hope your trip is trouble free and enjoyable, best advice to reduce risk of things going wrong is to steer clear of old boats, dont take ex-naval war hero uncles with you, avoid close encounters with ferry boats in the docks... Stick to planes, taxis/buses and you should get To Hull and Back with no probs, hopefully having witnessed an impressive City win and enjoyed a pint or six.... unlike that 'plonker' and his family that got it all wrong on the telly. :)

4 hours ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Has to be Lions.

Another City dimension.

Watch out for anybody selling Ernie badges, caf t shirts and stickers.

These wiley spivs will have the shirt off your back and flesh off your feet ...

And Beware of the Ultras :fear:

43 minutes ago, BallygowanRobin said:

Much is a pint in the Robins? Any decent lagers on draught?

38 minutes ago, cynic said:

Lager and decent in the same sentence....

22 minutes ago, BallygowanRobin said:

Cider isn't that big over here despite Magners etc... Grown to like lager!

Hmm,  Cider and Mangers in the same sentence ? ..

.. Do you ask for fish & chips when in your chippy by any chance.?

(Psst, its ..... ' Cod  Lot  '  over here mate, :) )

33 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Don't have to make pub mind....all are welcome on the Natch wall......

Unless it's pissing down...in the unlikely event of inclement weather then pop over to the rising sun ( aka bs3) where you will receive a warm welcome and if yer a smoker you can join in the scrum in the garden for shelter !

Archived