IGNORED

Why are we so slow to put tickets on sale?

ChippenhamRed

Apologies as I've mentioned this before, but it's annoying me.  The Hull game is less than 10 days away but still tickets aren't on sale.  Yet the Rotherham game a week later has been on sale for ages!  Why?  I know there is the issue with the Atyeo to sort out, but why does that stop you selling tickets in the other stands?  This has happened with numerous games this season.  Surely leaving it so late to sell tickets for a game reduces the chance of it selling out, thus costing the club revenue, as people make other plans in the meantime when they might otherwise have already bought a ticket.

At the weekend I bought tickets for a West End show that isn't happening until January.  I could buy tickets for any of the daily performances happening between now and then.  So why aren't we even selling tickets for our very next game?!  In theory at least, with a computerised system you could put every game on sale online from the start of the season and just distribute the tickets in the week before the game.

• Admin

Reading the recent update, am assuming it is all revolving around moving supporters into other spaces then seeing what allocation is left available to sell??

A bit more info below on future sales . . .

Taken from http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/limited-tickets-for-hull-fixture-2796436.aspx

As the redevelopment of Ashton Gate Stadium continues at pace, two large cranes will soon be arriving in BS3 to begin the build of the new West Stand roof.

Subsequently seats in W18 and S19 could be taken out of action, with views set to be partially and fully blocked in this area. 

The number of tickets available for City’s next home game with Hull City could be severely restricted and the club are working to relocate supporters affected. 

It means a smaller than usual amount of seats will be placed on sale to Forever Bristol members from Thursday (November 12th). It is unlikely any tickets will reach general sale for this Sky-televised fixture. 

Forever Bristol City membership can be purchased for just £20, and includes the following benefits: £5 discount on match tickets, priority for home tickets, second tier priority for away tickets, five per discount in the Bristol Sport Shop, Bristol Sports Bar & Grill and matchday concourses. 

To purchase Forever Bristol membership click here or call 0117 963 0600. 

Meanwhile, tickets for the home fixtures with Blackburn Rovers (Saturday, December 5th, 3pm) and QPR (Saturday, December 19th, 3pm) will also go on sale first to Forever Bristol City members on Thursday. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Reading the recent update, am assuming it is all revolving around moving supporters into other spaces then seeing what allocation is left available to sell??

A bit more info below on future sales . . .

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/limited-tickets-for-hull-fixture-2796436.aspx

As the redevelopment of Ashton Gate Stadium continues at pace, two large cranes will soon be arriving in BS3 to begin the build of the new West Stand roof.

Subsequently seats in W18 and S19 could be taken out of action, with views set to be partially and fully blocked in this area. 

The number of tickets available for City’s next home game with Hull City could be severely restricted and the club are working to relocate supporters affected. 

It means a smaller than usual amount of seats will be placed on sale to Forever Bristol members from Thursday (November 12th). It is unlikely any tickets will reach general sale for this Sky-televised fixture. 

Forever Bristol City membership can be purchased for just £20, and includes the following benefits: £5 discount on match tickets, priority for home tickets, second tier priority for away tickets, five per discount in the Bristol Sport Shop, Bristol Sports Bar & Grill and matchday concourses. 

To purchase Forever Bristol membership click here or call 0117 963 0600. 

Meanwhile, tickets for the home fixtures with Blackburn Rovers (Saturday, December 5th, 3pm) and QPR (Saturday, December 19th, 3pm) will also go on sale first to Forever Bristol City members on Thursday. 

Thanks Phantom, I hadn't seen this.  I guess this must be a fairly recent article as I checked the official site very recently, but I can't access it from work.  To be fair, in this case it's a fair explanation and makes my rant rather unwarranted!  I'll facepalm myself to save someone else the bother.....:facepalm:

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks Phantom, I hadn't seen this.  I guess this must be a fairly recent article as I checked the official site very recently, but I can't access it from work.  To be fair, in this case it's a fair explanation and makes my rant rather unwarranted!  I'll facepalm myself to save someone else the bother.....:facepalm:

No worries - I do agree that you have a valid point, even a simple update saying due to potential disruption tickets for **** will be delayed etc. . .

Great to see future sales dates are released to, which will benefit people in the short term

Archived