IGNORED

Banned for standing

Pearcy

Just read this, seems ridiculous but unfortunately this is the way football seems to be going. It makes me glad though to have a club that understands people do want to stand whilst watching a game.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/aston-villa-issue-three-match-bans-to-twelve-fans-for-standing/?CMP=spklr-_-S9DreamTeam-_-FBPAGE-_-DreamTeam-dreamteamfc-_-20151112-_-DreamTeamSocial-_-276192346-_-Imageandlink

"Season ticket holders neighbouring the ‘ultras’ have complained to the club about persistent standing and unsociable behaviour"

Based on this, the ban seems reasonable, as the club is listening to the views of the supporters around them. It's only a three match ban, and the fans moved there at there own free will. It's also "unsociable behaviour" (whatever that means) not just standing. 

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

I miss Harchester Utd. Had the kit and everything for after school football in primary school. 

Everyone wanted to be Luis Amor Rodriguez and everyone fancied Lynda Block.

I think my favourite thing about the show was when they won the FA cup and needed two goals to show against Manchester United at Wembley so they just showed the same Oldham goal from a different angle.

3 hours ago, Pearcy said:

Just read this, seems ridiculous but unfortunately this is the way football seems to be going. It makes me glad though to have a club that understands people do want to stand whilst watching a game.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/aston-villa-issue-three-match-bans-to-twelve-fans-for-standing/?CMP=spklr-_-S9DreamTeam-_-FBPAGE-_-DreamTeam-dreamteamfc-_-20151112-_-DreamTeamSocial-_-276192346-_-Imageandlink

The problem is that people like this seem to expect that everyone should understand their wish to stand, but they have no respect at all for those whose wish is to sit. I've no problem with standing areas, defined or impromptu, as they often are away from home. But those who want to sit have the same right too. Well done Aston Villa in my book. 

3 hours ago, italian dave said:

The problem is that people like this seem to expect that everyone should understand their wish to stand, but they have no respect at all for those whose wish is to sit. I've no problem with standing areas, defined or impromptu, as they often are away from home. But those who want to sit have the same right too. Well done Aston Villa in my book. 

Without wanting to enter into a big argument with the standing brigade I have to agree that this is a problem for people like me who takes a child to away games. I've had to move on several occasions because the guys in front decided to stand and didn't give 2 ***** who it affected behind them. I understand everyone has their preference of how they want to see but sometimes having to sit at football isn't a choice. I wish some would just be a little more considerate to fellow supporters. In the interests of balance its worth mentioning that I've had to ask some guys if they'd sit because daughter couldn't see and they've been as good as gold about it. 

Archived