IGNORED

Facebook

Markman

about 10 years ago my mate said watch this video (or something) on my facebook page - so I had to register )it was quite funny!) and have never been on or used facebook since (just not my thing) but now and again in my email I get messages like this

"Reid Shinn confirmed your Facebook friend request"

Now of course I have no idea who this person is - and I don't use facebook so have never freinded or un-freinded anyone - but getting these odd emails is making me slightly nervous in that is this some sort of spam or spyware or does this happen all the time if you have an old facebook account?

Anyone know? (at the moment I just delete the emails for fear of opening them and catching something nasty)

Best just delete without opening. I get all sorts of e-mails purporting to be from people I might have emailed once about five years ago and were just customers who I don`t know personally. The e-mail heading usually starts like they`re your best mate so obviously spam. Don`t open anything like this for any reason no matter how intrigued you are. Just doing that can infect your PC.

Archived