IGNORED

Beating Hull on Saturday

Kid in the Riot

Hull haven't conceded a goal in 512 minutes of Championship football, their defence is marshalled by the experienced Michael Dawson and Curtis Davies. If they keep a clean sheet for a sixth consecutive game against us on Saturday it will be a club record.

They have won their last 5 games without conceding a goal (Goals For 12 Against 0).

They are 12 games unbeaten in all competitions, which includes 2 wins in the League Cup against Premier League opposition (Leicester and Swansea). Their last defeat was on 12 September at Brighton.

Up front they have £10 million signing Abel Hernandez who has scored 8 league goals this season. They have further quality in the likes of Mohamed Diame and Egyptian international Amhed Elmohamady.

Anyone got any ideas?

22 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hull haven't conceded a goal in 512 minutes of Championship football, their defence is marshalled by the experienced Michael Dawson and Curtis Davies. If they keep a clean sheet for a sixth consecutive game against us on Saturday it will be a club record.

They have won their last 5 games without conceding a goal (Goals For 12 Against 0).

They are 12 games unbeaten in all competitions, which includes 2 wins in the League Cup against Premier League opposition (Leicester and Swansea). Their last defeat was on 12 September at Brighton.

Up front they have £10 million signing Abel Hernandez who has scored 8 league goals this season. They have further quality in the likes of Mohamed Diame and Egyptian international Amhed Elmohamady.

Anyone got any ideas?

ummm All good things come to an end? 

I remember our first season in the old first division, despite the struggle we ended unbeaten runs for Arsenal (15 games I think) and Man City (17?)

16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Curtis Davies has always been ridiculously good whenever I've seen him play. But Dawson I think could be given a bit of a run around by Kodjia. The key is probably can we stop Huddlestone passing everywhere he wants. 5-0 city 

Huddlestone has been on the bench last couple of games and hasn't been a regular starter. I saw him and his missus in the Caribbean in mid-June and he was on crutches. My guess is he had a post-season op and still isn't 100% fit.

We need to show the belief and passion that we showed against Middlesborough.

We usually play well on Sky and I have no doubt Cotts will have the players fired up.

Itll be a hard game but I can't see a Fulham result against us. 

Always believe. 

9 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I fear a hiding. They're twice as good as Fulham and if we play as badly as we did then it could be an embarrassment. 

However it's typical City - getting results out of matches we shouldn't and not doing so where we should - so I'm going with 6-0 to us. 

Don't be ridiculous ..

they're bound to get a consolation goal .

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You have to say this is a game where a point would be a very good result, even at home.

Absolutely.

Fulham aside though we've let in just one goal in five games.

Let's hope that we are strong defensively, don't bomb forward ridiculously just because we are the home side and that Monsieur Kodjia is at his best...

28 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

My God are Hull really on that good of a run?  All good things come to an end.

We'll win 1-0, Kodjia is due a goal and will not disappoint us.  If Baker plays, then Hull will draw a blank.

Always believe in the beard of Baker.

Follow the beard! He is the Messiah and I should know, I`ve followed a few.

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Wait till Marlon starts spraying the ball around that Huddlestone will be in awe of him.

or 

maybe he will keep attempting that cross field pass that decent full backs can spot a mile away cut out and start the old cavalry charge counter attack.

Dont panic!

Tom Huddlestone 

Pass Accuracy - 79.8%

Key Passes - 1.1 per game

Passes per game - 50

Marlon Pack

Pass Accuracy - 77.7%

Key Passes - 1.3 per game

Passes per game - 61

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Tom Huddlestone 

Pass Accuracy - 79.8%

Key Passes - 1.1 per game

Passes per game - 50

Marlon Pack

Pass Accuracy - 77.7%

Key Passes - 1.3 per game

Passes per game - 61

Can key passes be both positive and negative? I only ask because a few crossfield passes that have been cut out have led to goals.....

1 hour ago, Between heaven and hell said:

Wait till Marlon starts spraying the ball around that Huddlestone will be in awe of him.

or 

maybe he will keep attempting that cross field pass that decent full backs can spot a mile away cut out and start the old cavalry charge counter attack.

Dont panic!

Don't get the criticism of Pack, I think he's done ok this season.

Archived