IGNORED

Akos Elek

GrahamC

Watched the first leg of Hungary v Norway and thought this guy looked useful.

He's a central midfielder, aged 27 and 6ft 3 tall.

Currently plays in China and although described as a defensive midfielder he did a man marking job on Norway's Tettey, (the Norwich player) and also got forward to provide the pass that resulted in the only goal of the game.

If anyone watches the second leg (just kicked off) I'd be interested to see what others think..

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Watched the first leg of Hungary v Norway and thought this guy looked useful.

He's a central midfielder, aged 27 and 6ft 3 tall.

Currently plays in China and although described as a defensive midfielder he did a man marking job on Norway's Tettey, (the Norwich player) and also got forward to provide the pass that resulted in the only goal of the game.

If anyone watches the second leg (just kicked off) I'd be interested to see what others think..

I think with the accessibility of so many games now to so many people it does no harm at all to highlight potentially good signings and recommend them.

Clubs would be unwise to ignore the views of fans, many of whom have watched well over a thousand games and know a decent player when they see one.

It doesn't have to be how John Barnes was discovered anymore, a guy walking his dog through a park, glances at a local game, is impressed by Barnes and phones Watford to inform them...the rest is history, including THAT goal away against Brazil in the friendly...

30 minutes ago, Gilts said:

Marlon Pack.

Really!

Didn't know of that.

I thought I could remember some City fans saying that they were impressed, having seen Lee Miller playing for Falkirk. They wrote to the club saying that he was just the sort of forward that we needed.

Having said that, my brain is not what it used to be so I may have it all wrong!!!  :dunno:

16 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Really!

Didn't know of that.

I thought I could remember some City fans saying that they were impressed, having seen Lee Miller playing for Falkirk. They wrote to the club saying that he was just the sort of forward that we needed.

Having said that, my brain is not what it used to be so I may have it all wrong!!!  :dunno:

Not sure if it was the case with Pack, but I know our fans were telling the board and managers about him for a couple of years previous to SOD asking him in for a trial as soon as he became a free agent 

Archived