IGNORED

Not conceded a goal since oct 31st

reddogkev

Just how good is our defence now?  I mean, come on, we haven't conceded a single goal in November!

Getting a bit silly now if you ask me, does anyone even remember what it's like to see a team score against us?

Fielding, Bennett, Ayling, Flint, Baker, Williams - I salute you!

I'm pretty confident we'll shut Hull out on Saturday, despite the fact they seem to win most games 3 - 0.

I'm not convinced that our defence is sorted yet. Early in the season teams were taking most of their chances (Brentford, Burnley etc).  Recently they haven't ( Cardiff, Bolton etc).

On the other hand several teams have looked very ordinary against us, so we must be doing something right. We just need to keep concentrating and not spoil a good performance by giving teams a couple of open-goal chances.

Our recent clean sheets are paper over the cracks IMO. Only by the grace of God did we not concede against Cardiff and if Wolves weren't so toothless they would have had goals - they got in behind us on many occasions only to do nothing with it.

Fulham exploited our poor defending mercilessly and if we're even half that bad we'll be in trouble on Saturday. 

Not a dig, but I think we're still nowhere near where we need to be, defensively. 

3 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Our recent clean sheets are paper over the cracks IMO. Only by the grace of God did we not concede against Cardiff and if Wolves weren't so toothless they would have had goals - they got in behind us on many occasions only to do nothing with it.

Fulham exploited our poor defending mercilessly and if we're even half that bad we'll be in trouble on Saturday. 

Not a dig, but I think we're still nowhere near where we need to be, defensively. 

I reckon most of those cracks are slowly being filled in and rendered.  We'll find out against Hull I guess; but with Baker and Flint solid together, there's every reason to be optimistic.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I reckon most of those cracks are slowly being filled in and rendered.  We'll find out against Hull I guess; but with Baker and Flint solid together, there's every reason to be optimistic.

I was confident in our defence until Bolton. They should've had 3 at the very least.

Archived