IGNORED

support for france/jonathon kodjia

dunsteral

i dont know whether we will be asked to give our support to the people of france

at the hull city game on saturday as it is our first chance to do so, but if we are

i am sure we will pay the utmost respect. I believe that tomorrow night at wembley

the words of the french national anthem will be displayed on the big screens, but

seeing how we haven,t got any big screens it would be almost impossible to sing 

it at AG.

However we can show our support to our frenchman jonathon kodjia, after any

official respect has been carried out by singing the french national tune with our

own words as follows

Oo aah kodjia

Oo aah kodjia

oo aah  oo aah oo aah kodjia

oo aah kodjia.

Hopefully this will show him we are supporting him at this terrible time.

I fully understand why people think it's a good idea to show solidarity.

Is there really a need, though,  to single Kodjia out because he's French? Unless he's personally affected I'm not sure if it's entirely necessary. Let him pay his respects as he wants to and leave it like that instead of making him some kind of figurehead. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I fully understand why people think it's a good idea to show solidarity.

Is there really a need, though,  to single Kodjia out because he's French? Unless he's personally affected I'm not sure if it's entirely necessary. Let him pay his respects as he wants to and leave it like that instead of making him some kind of figurehead. 

100% with you on this

I'm sure all he will want to concentrate on on Saturday will be playing football after the events of the past week.

The national team and fans are holding a massive show of solidarity by singing the French national anthem tonight, an impeccably observed minutes silence at Ashton Gate would be my suggestion. 

Archived