IGNORED

Hannover Stadium Evacuated

Nomad

16 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

IIRC the IRA did not target Football matches as they thought that they would lose the support of the working classes (not sure why they thought pubs, clubs, shopping malls and remembrance services would NOT make them lose support but there we go).  They had a political wing in the form of Sinn Fein and they regarded acts of terror as a legitimate form of action in a war against the British but had "trademarks and guidelines" such as warnings and legitimate targets.

I don't think this lot are too worried about that. 

Not strictly true. At the height of the troubles in the 70s Northern Ireland played all their home matches in England. I have a programme in my collection from a match they played at Boothferry Park Hull. Also most of their support is protestant so surely the IRA would have had no qualms with targeting their matches?

15 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Suspicious device found near stadium and train station. A couple of people that responded a little prematurely to this thread look a bit silly...

14 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No explosives have been found in Hannover. The ambulance thing was an inaccurate rumour.

Source - BBC news quoting German Interior minister.

I think people need to be careful about spreading unconfirmed rumours.

Quite

Archived