IGNORED

Adam Armstrong at Coventry

reddogkev

Just looked at the top scorer charts for League One, expecting to see Bradshaw sniffing at the top (not even in the top six!).

And I see the Geordie Armstrong at the top with an impressive 12 goals.

Now the lad is on a loan there until January, and is only 18, so must be a bit of a talent when it comes to scoring.

Should we offer Newcastle a wedge of money for him in January, or try to get him on loan here for 2016?

I know this would push Burns further down the pecking order, but football is a harsh old game.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes we should, he's a very good player. Re: Burns, I know he's doing well for Wales u21 but in my opinion he's not quite ready for first team here. A loan to L1 might be good for him if we bring in another forward.

Have you seen much of Armstrong?  I'll be honest and say I've not seen him play at all, as I only tend to watch the highlights of our league.

What type of striker is he?  He seems quite short, so could be a Michael Owen type player.

11 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Have you seen much of Armstrong?  I'll be honest and say I've not seen him play at all, as I only tend to watch the highlights of our league.

What type of striker is he?  He seems quite short, so could be a Michael Owen type player.

A few times, I'd say Owen is a fair comparison in style but he's a bit stronger. He reminded me slightly of Paul Dickov actually not giving the defence much peace, but has a good brain and skill.

I think he could play a tiny bit deeper and create chances as well as score.

Archived