IGNORED

sports bar-supporters club

Rocking Red Cyril

Was just thinking for those of us old enough to remember the old supporters club bar, corner of old grand stand at the open end end. It was a good social bar and was open in the week. Now I am not a supporters club member any more therefore I am not sure if this still exists with the bar they now use corner dolman atyeo end.as in open during the week but do the club see the new sports being open during the week ? Used as the supporters club bar as well ?

Discuss.

Maybe you would have a better idea of the clubs thoughts/plans in this area Dolly Marie.

Coyr  :chant6ez:

4 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Was just thinking for those of us old enough to remember the old supporters club bar, corner of old grand stand at the open end end. It was a good social bar and was open in the week. Now I am not a supporters club member any more therefore I am not sure if this still exists with the bar they now use corner dolman atyeo end.as in open during the week but do the club see the new sports being open during the week ? Used as the supporters club bar as well ?

Discuss.

Maybe you would have a better idea of the clubs thoughts/plans in this area Dolly Marie.

Coyr  :chant6ez:

Yes, can remember frequenting the Supporters Club on a Sunday night in the early/mid 1970s usually a band and a comediam provided the entertainment and cheap beer as well.

The supporters club and trust bar was indeed for several years in the corner of the Dolman and Atyeo until the middle of last season, when we had to vacate it, as a lot of the electrical plant equipment for the new stadium had to go in that area.

This season we are in the sports bar on the mezzanine level, (sharing that area with the WAGS etc) and the plan at this stage from next season is for us to go over to the opposite side of the South Stand, where Steve Lansdown and the other directors are, when they move back over to the new west stand. 

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

The supporters club and trust bar was indeed for several years in the corner of the Dolman and Atyeo until the middle of last season, when we had to vacate it, as a lot of the electrical plant equipment for the new stadium had to go in that area.

This season we are in the sports bar on the mezzanine level, (sharing that area with the WAGS etc) and the plan at this stage from next season is for us to go over to the opposite side of the South Stand, where Steve Lansdown and the other directors are, when they move back over to the new west stand. 

I said stop it.

Uncle TFR

12 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Does the Supporters Club keep any historic stuff such as photos etc? Would love to read up to see what it was like especially from late 70s and early 80s...

All the memorabilia that was up in the SC bar until this time last year is currently in storage. We are hoping it can be put up somewhere again when we have a permanent home once more. 

51 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yes that makes sense Dolly. But I do feel the club are missing a trick if the sports bar does not become open all week.

31 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

Yes that makes sense Dolly. But I do feel the club are missing a trick if the sports bar does not become open all week.

I think that is the long term plan. It was open this week for the England friendly for example. The SC&T don't have any say in when the sports bar opens though, our access is only on a match day :) 

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I'd love to know what you mean? Someone asked me a question?

Ignore it my beloved (that function is wonderful). The home is having an open day and the inmates are allowed limited access to the internet. It will go away again soon

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Ignore it my beloved (that function is wonderful). The home is having an open day and the inmates are allowed limited access to the internet. It will go away again soon

Back off: NOW tone - this is an artist at work.

TFR

2 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

What exactly am I doing? Answering questions? In case you hadn't noticed, I've been doing that on here for some time now. Either explain what you mean, or stop.

I can't stop ....... although ......... no ........... I've said too much.

:blush:

..... people are watching.

TFR

Archived