IGNORED

ooop's

Esmond Million's Bung

oh well another one that the Corbyn glee club choose to ignore along with his other faux pas, highlighted today.

First of all he says that 'I have never seen that document' and then a photo emerges from the twitter account of the group whose document he has never seen and guess what, he's holding the said document and then the liar says, well I never read the document, even though he signed it, that's great training for being the next chancellor signing documents you haven't read.

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

oh well another one that the Corbyn glee club choose to ignore along with his other faux pas, highlighted today.

First of all he says that 'I have never seen that document' and then a photo emerges from the twitter account of the group whose document he has never seen and guess what, he's holding the said document and then the liar says, well I never read the document, even though he signed it, that's great training for being the next chancellor signing documents you haven't read.

What document are you referring to Es?The posted story is about Labour policy on Trident and Syria. 

Ah right. The top article was nothing to do with that. Had me confused.

This campaign group seem to have suggested in that story that they added McDonnell's name because he agreed with their general principles not necessarily everything they want, and then McDonnell appears to have been rather duped into posing with the document. 

All rather extraordinary,but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ah right. The top article was nothing to do with that. Had me confused.

This campaign group seem to have suggested in that story that they added McDonnell's name because he agreed with their general principles not necessarily everything they want, and then McDonnell appears to have been rather duped into posing with the document. 

All rather extraordinary,but he doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the box.

Duped really?, would you pose for photo with a document you say haven't read? would you then sign that document?.

The original article on this thread is yet another bad news day just waiting to happen and I cannot understand how democracy can possibly be served by refusing a free vote.

2 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Duped really?, would you pose for photo with a document you say haven't read? would you then sign that document?.

The original article on this thread is yet another bad news day just waiting to happen and I cannot understand how democracy can possibly be served by refusing a free vote.

Like all whipped votes really. Cameron's attempts to enforce one over the Hunting Bill reppeal, for example.

I agree that the party system does tend to squash democracy.

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Like all whipped votes really. Cameron's attempts to enforce one over the Hunting Bill reppeal, for example.

I agree that the party system does tend to squash democracy.

Strangely it is more likely on a whipped vote there will be more tory dissenters rather than labour and Mcdonnell will have to explain that interview at the labour party conference and why he will have changed his mind from that time, I can't wait for that bullshit.

7 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Strangely it is more likely on a whipped vote there will be more tory dissenters rather than labour and Mcdonnell will have to explain that interview at the labour party conference and why he will have changed his mind from that time, I can't wait for that bullshit.

I think "I've changed my mind" is sufficient TBH.

I'm all for politicians admitting they've changed their mind from time to time. It's the ones that never changed their minds on anything, like Thatcher, who seem to do the most damage.

The person who never u-turns is the person who drives us off the cliff.

5 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I think "I've changed my mind" is sufficient TBH.

I'm all for politicians admitting they've changed their mind from time to time. It's the ones that never changed their minds on anything, like Thatcher, who seem to do the most damage.

The person who never u-turns is the person who drives us off the cliff.

No explanation necessary then?.

No trying to change Corbyn's mind then?.

Frightened of the ordered ice picks?.

12 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Do you find it impossible to change your mind? No? Well so do some politicians....  

Robbo, I admire your defence of the indefensible, but let's call a spade a spade here, he will have changed his mind for one reason and one reason only and that is because Corbyn said so and that is not why we elect our MP's to have deep held convictions and then to abandon them because they are ordered to, this is the 2nd time the Corbyn has forced his shadow chancellor into an embarrassing U turn, it is not democracy and people will see that.

Corbyn says jump Mcdonnell says how high sir?.

I do change my mind in fact only this morning I was going to have boiled eggs and soldiers and then realised Mrs Bung had baked a batch of blackberry muffins and I know what side my bread is buttered.

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Robbo, I admire your defence of the indefensible, but let's call a spade a spade here, he will have changed his mind for one reason and one reason only and that is because Corbyn said so and that is not why we elect our MP's to have deep held convictions and then to abandon them because they are ordered to, this is the 2nd time the Corbyn has forced his shadow chancellor into an embarrassing U turn, it is not democracy and people will see that.

Corbyn says jump Mcdonnell says how high sir?.

I do change my mind in fact only this morning I was going to have boiled eggs and soldiers and then realised Mrs Bung had baked a batch of blackberry muffins and I know what side my bread is buttered.

Of course, this is likely true. All politicians play this "politicking" game.

That's why all those Tory backbenchers stood up to condemn cuts in tax credits but then trooped through the government lobby to vote for them after the whips reminded them not to piss off their source of patronage.

42 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Of course, this is likely true. All politicians play this "politicking" game.

That's why all those Tory backbenchers stood up to condemn cuts in tax credits but then trooped through the government lobby to vote for them after the whips reminded them not to piss off their source of patronage.

At last we are in accord Robbo, one of the reasons I so hate most politicians and the ridiculous system that is part of our politics, I find it pathetic, democracy my arse. 

I watched this week last night and for a 2nd year running I thought that George Galloway spoke a lot of sense, at least he is his own man and not above criticising Corbyn, something in short supply by most of his sheep, sorry supporters. 

Well worth a watch whatever anybody should think about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8XwEhlH7Is

Just goes to show how power corrupts, so Corbyn in 2013 and Mcdonnell 6 months believed in free votes for military action, hypocrisy or democracy?.

Back in 2013, the then backbench rebel said MPs should be allowed a free vote on military interventions in a Commons debate marking the tenth anniversary of the Iraq war:

Archived