IGNORED

Best own goal ever?

Esmond Million's Bung

I scored a cracking OG once, diving bullet header straight into the top corner. It hit the stantion at the back of the net and bounced back out and in one movement I seamlessly caught it as I got up, jogged casually to the centre spot and placed the ball tenderly on it ready for the kick off.....then nonchalantly took up my position as if nothing had happened...

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I scored a cracking OG once, diving bullet header straight into the top corner. It hit the stantion at the back of the net and bounced back out and in one movement I seamlessly caught it as I got up, jogged casually to the centre spot and placed the ball tenderly on it ready for the kick off.....then nonchalantly took up my position as if nothing had happened...

Classy .

10 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

geoff merrick heading the ball back to cashley vs wrexham fa cup round 3 only player in the box ended in a 3 -3 draw lost the reply 

Haha I remember that. I can see him now flicking the ball nonchantly back to Cash without looking, then turning around to find him stood next to him! :)

Guest lou-peters-dive
14 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

geoff merrick heading the ball back to cashley vs wrexham fa cup round 3 only player in the box ended in a 3 -3 draw lost the reply 

Was that when Dixie Mcneil was playing for them. They played us off the park and I can remember Norman Hunter shouting that they were playing with us. We were Div 1 they were Div 3. It was obvious that they were going to win the replay. 

14 hours ago, Spoons said:

or vilmos sebok at wolves, passing ball back to Steve Phillips who missed ball and in to empty net!

Was that the one where Steve Phillips tried to kick the ball but only kicked thin air?

I was at that game and have always thought it was against Birmingham. No wonder I can never find any reference to it!

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

Was that the one where Steve Phillips tried to kick the ball but only kicked thin air?

I was at that game and have always thought it was against Birmingham. No wonder I can never find any reference to it!

Was that against Milwall just after the passback rule was introduced or was the Welch?

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

:clap::facepalm:

It`s good but it`s not Ray Atteveld at Millwall

At least we won that one 3-2...We had the Temptations playing up front in a 4-3-3 Cole Rosenior and Allison....But it was brilliant standing ovation thoroughly deserved

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

4-4 draw?

Was it the 4-4 my memory is a bit fuzzy?....Remember the goal though....Doh!

17 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

Memory is a strange thing, I still have the idea that it was a diving header ! In my mind it was up the EE end and Merrick was to the left as you looked onto the pitch (from the EE) . Then again I can barely remember the score from the games this season !!

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

yep that's the one. Sure it was wolves, could be wrong?

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Haha I remember that. I can see him now flicking the ball nonchantly back to Cash without looking, then turning around to find him stood next to him! :)

Remember that, but wasn't it 4-4?

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It was a plastic theWembleywasnded) penny-floater.

For those  old enough to remember such a term. 

'Yout taking a ball to the park?'

'Can do, what do we need? Penny-floater or the leather-caser?'

I had one of those and got Alan Dicks to sign it.While I waa kicking it about in the street it went under our car and melted onto the hot exhaust pipe!

Archived