IGNORED

Dolman queues

Bobby kellard hero

59 minutes ago, Bobby kellard hero said:

Rubbish at Ashton Gate today.Not the football.Massive queues for everything under the Dolman stand.Toilets and bars.complete and utter joke.

To call it "a joke" is completely over the top. Show me a sold out stand in the country where you wouldn't have any sort of queues for toilets and bars at peak times. There are plenty of toilets and bars but there are also 1000's of people. I'm not sure what you expect.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

To call it "a joke" is completely over the top. Show me a sold out stand in the country where you wouldn't have any sort of queues for toilets and bars at peak times. There are plenty of toilets and bars but there are also 1000's of people. I'm not sure what you expect.

A bit harsh CR .. I didn't bother venturing down at half time today so can't comment but have you not been to other grounds? If you have you would know that they really have been a shambles. I will say that at the Fulham game it all appeared ok at the kiosks and toilets so I really hope we haven't gone backwards and if it was as bad as the op states it just a minor hiccup.

5 minutes ago, Turbored said:

A bit harsh CR .. I didn't bother venturing down at half time today so can't comment but have you not been to other grounds? If you have you would know that they really have been a shambles. I will say that at the Fulham game it all appeared ok at the kiosks and toilets so I really hope we haven't gone backwards and if it was as bad as the op states it just a minor hiccup.

Of course I've been to other grounds - plenty. And at pretty much all of them, if you're in a busy stand then you would expect a queue for toilets and bars at peak times - particularly during HT. The Dolman now has lots of toilets and lots of bars with plenty of staff, so what more can the club reason ably do?

Edit - I did use the toilet at half time today. I left my seat on the HT whistle and queued for maybe 3-4 minutes and was back in my seat a few minutes later. Hardly an "utter joke".

I don't venture into Dolman at half time, but I have been to other grounds and have found half time food and drinks service is awful. I remember City playing at the Millennium Stadium against Brighton (I wish I could forget). Spent most of the half time period queuing, and when I got served, they had sold out of what I wanted.  If they can't get it right at a place like this, City doesn't seem too bad. 

33 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Turned up at the ground about 10 mins before KO, very short wait for pies.  No complaints from us.

The frisking was a bit bizarre.  Come in from the Winterstoke Rd end to the area behind the SS and you get frisked, come in from Raynes Rd and you don't.  Top notch security..............

They were frisking from the Raynes Rd entrance, and very enjoyable too!!

4 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

Turned up at the ground about 10 mins before KO, very short wait for pies.  No complaints from us.

The frisking was a bit bizarre.  Come in from the Winterstoke Rd end to the area behind the SS and you get frisked, come in from Raynes Rd and you don't.  Top notch security..............

Was strange. I had a bag with me that contained all but the kitchen sink. They didn't want to look inside, despite me telling them I didn't mind. 

19 hours ago, cider head said:

I have to agree with you very poor today and the stewards in the Atyeo were appalling.

It is a bit worrying the way things are being run at the present by the health and safety group. Went to the bottom kiosk to get a drink there was a big queue there so we went upstairs kiosk, after 10 minutes queue, went to the doors with my drink to go downstairs to meet up with friends. I was told by the steward standing at the door for the top of the stairs that I was not allowed to go down the stairs with my pint... Asked him why and he said health and safety. Told him we could freely do this without any problems on the other side of the Atyeo. Anyway I made my own mind up that it was safe enough for me to walk down the stairs and go outside. 

I waited at the bottom for my friends to come down. They were also stopped by the same steward, I noticed them having a long conversation. He was quoting x, y and z code of conducts rule 2987262 whatever rubbish. Not allowed to take your bought pint from upstairs to downstairs, even though we are in the same stand. My friends argued how ridiculous this is and walked on down after he gave up arguing. 

After we went outside I took this issue up with a senior steward I know and respect who has been doing the job as long as I can remember. He said the rules were nonsense. Some issues were raised like the fact 3 of them are trying to score brownie points to impress their boss by causing problems on the fans. It is worrying. 

Archived