IGNORED

Hull City

Londoner

3 ex England players? Dawson, Huddlestone and Livermore?

3 current Scottish players? McGregor, Moloney and Robertson?

2 current African internationals? Diame and Elmahadomy? 

The size of them all compared to us was noticeable...thought they were very solid st the back, you can see why we wanted that big centre back Maguire? Looked very very good.

big side, very hard to break down and control the game against....yet they didn't create a huge amount and were clearly missing Hermandez.

saying that Diame and Robertson clearly very good at this level.

Best team I've seen us play this season.

Quality all over the pitch.  So glad we got the first goal today.  We defended well as a team today.  Kodjia's couple of knocks in the opening 25 minutes, meant he was a bit subdued, but Agard led the line well.

An encouraging point.  Also, could be a good point in context of upcoming games.

They did nothing spectacular but were so composed. The left side of Clucas and Robertson were the standouts for me. Clucas had some class touches but didn't have the final ball today. Robertson I thought was going to be our downfall. Too good for this league I think. Only 21 as well. 

Their right side was the opposite for me. Expected more from Odubajo and Elohamady. Though Elo had some dangerous crosses. 

Diame was very good. Huddlestone and Livermore played it simple and broke up play. 

Dawson and Davies I didn't think were great but good enough. Maguire looks a player as well. Could see why they were eager to keep him. Looks class at this level. 

Quality all over the pitch, head and shoulders the best team in the league. Not many teams will come to us and dominate the ball so much. 18 attempts on goal was it? Coukd have had 4 or 5 on another day. 

We defended well though in the main, rode our luck a bit but a very good point. 

Only thing I'd say is that he didn't create clear cut chances, obviously we defended well but maybe they were missing Hernandez.

It was a perfect example of a side coming to control the game, but were never going to take any risks. They controlled the game easily.

what a save from FF from maguire....the ball swerved last minute 

Hull for all their possession they created little,Fielding had few saves to make, we certainly look more solid now. 

Impressed with Robertson down the left, but thought they lacked pace and a striker of note.

Think they will be in the shake up at the end of the season with a lot of 1-0 performances.

Hull fan here.

Very fair comments on here. As many say we dominated possession but lacked creativity upfront. Missed Hernandez definitely. 

Not at our best but a point was fair result I think. With Boro winning last night, Derby winning today and Burnley and Brighton up there, getting congested at the top. If we keep squad together after January, we won't be far away.

Have kept an eye out for your results since Wembley 2008. Your fans were absolute class that day, the most gracious in defeat I think I've ever experienced.

Dawson and Davies have been immense so far this season, Diame looks a class above and Livermore's been great since he's come back. Hernandez looked a lazy get all last season but for some reason has been transformed this. Yesterday was probably Robertson's best game of the season so far, bombed forward and looked a threat. 

Love Elmo to bits but he was poor yesterday and hasn't been as good as he's capable of being.

Creativity is a problem though. Aluko was great last time we were in the Championship but it's just not happening this time. Snodgrass isn't too far away from fitness now and when he comes back he will add a bit of the flair that we need. If not then think it needs addressing in January. Signed a Norwegian striker in the last window who's been injured since, hopefully he'll hit the ground running too.

Diame was the stand out for me. Hard direct running and a beast to knock off the ball. Can pick a pretty good pass too. He`s probably the best midfielder I`ve seen at the gate thus far. Akpom looks a bit lightweight to me but he might have just been having an off day. Was Robertson the left wing back? He terrified me every time he decided to bomb forward.

13 hours ago, tigerman said:

Hull fan here.

Very fair comments on here. As many say we dominated possession but lacked creativity upfront. Missed Hernandez definitely. 

Not at our best but a point was fair result I think. With Boro winning last night, Derby winning today and Burnley and Brighton up there, getting congested at the top. If we keep squad together after January, we won't be far away.

Have kept an eye out for your results since Wembley 2008. Your fans were absolute class that day, the most gracious in defeat I think I've ever experienced.

If my memory is correct, in the 2007-8 season, Hull had a poor start but recovered to finish in the playoffs. City, on the other hand had a good start, was top of the table at times, but slipped into the playoffs at the end. Perhaps this season it will be reversed with City storming to the playoffs to play Hull in the final. City to win 1-0 with the goal scored by Dean Windass' son Josh, who we sign in January. 

Yes Robertson was left back, best as a wing back bombing forward as his defending is sometimes lacking.

Maguire has had to be patient but was excellent against Middlebrough and OK against you, though he deserved the booking he got in the first half. 

You'll be fine this season though I think top 6 almost picks itself already.

17 minutes ago, tigerman said:

Yes Robertson was left back, best as a wing back bombing forward as his defending is sometimes lacking.

Maguire has had to be patient but was excellent against Middlebrough and OK against you, though he deserved the booking he got in the first half. 

You'll be fine this season though I think top 6 almost picks itself already.

In fact I believe that he committed two bookable offences on two different players in the same move. A good ref would have given him two yellows.

Cynical xxxx which some people think makes him a good defender.

St

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

To be fair, he looked a very good centre back to me and I can see why we bid for him - he would have made a difference to our start of the season.

Very good at bringing the ball out of defence and nearly scored with a 25 yarder.

Refs can't book a player twice in the same move - could be wrong but I think its cropped up on here a few times.

He would have for sure but I think it`s turned out OK with Baker on loan - we haven`t had to pay 5m and got someone just as good IMO.

Archived