IGNORED

Time for Freeman to get a hair cut

Super Scotty Murray

I am not sure if this has already been said but I think it is high time Freeman got his hair cut.

His form has been pretty poor ever since he got those long locks back and I am pretty sure his form improved last year after he cut his hair.

I think the long hair might also explain why Luke always seem to have a good first first 20 minutes then disappears for the rest of the game. Clearly after a while it does start dragging him down and on Saturday it even started to affect his balance.

We are all behind you Luke, but I think it is time you made this sacrifice for us and for the good of the team.

• Admin
1 hour ago, super_scotty_murray said:

I think the long hair might also explain why Luke always seem to have a good first first 20 minutes then disappears for the rest of the game. Clearly after a while it does start dragging him down and on Saturday it even started to affect his balance.

I really hope this was written a joke, and that you don't REALLY believe this . . . .

16 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's funny, Freeman contributed a lot more than Kodjia did on Saturday and I don't see him getting any stick

That's because Kodjia has been really good this season, especially when you consider the language, possible difficulties adapting to a new league and a testing week for Parisians (especially a resident of St Denis). Freeman hasn't yet reached the consistent levels of last season, hence why his performances are being scrutinised. He was arguably our best player last season.

Maybe if Freezy gets his hair cut then he may be given more decisions in his favour - as when he throws himself to the floor dramatically, his long flowing hair wont be there to emphasise the act as much?

Also, stopping flinging his arms out when he goes down would probably help. Different story for different thread though that

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's funny, Freeman contributed a lot more than Kodjia did on Saturday and I don't see him getting any stick

Probably because people were expecting a lot more from him than what he has delivered so far this season, personally I don't think he has done that bad but he set a high bar last season and hasn't reached those levels so far this season, he is one player I am confident will rise to those levels soon though

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

JK was clearly kicked early on in the first half, off the ball, then received 2 further challenges on the same leg after..... I was surprised he continued as long as he did. I could have added his treatment to the "cynical Hull" thread I started elsewhere.

His hair could actually weigh him down a bit, it's all about small margins isn't it? If freeman feels even .0001% heavier late in a game due to his hair then he's at a disadvantage (albeit a slight one) compared to someone with a more considered barnet. Also I imagine his vision is slightly compromised too. So not such a laughable question by the op.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's because Kodjia has been really good this season, especially when you consider the language, possible difficulties adapting to a new league and a testing week for Parisians (especially a resident of St Denis). Freeman hasn't yet reached the consistent levels of last season, hence why his performances are being scrutinised. He was arguably our best player last season.

It's funny because, due to circumstances beyond my control, my spectating has been restricted to TV matches, and in all of those I would say Kodjia has been underwhelming, while Freeman has been decent and looked lively. That's not knocking Kodjia, who is obviously having a good season, but that's just what I've seen.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's funny because, due to circumstances beyond my control, my spectating has been restricted to TV matches, and in all of those I would say Kodjia has been underwhelming, while Freeman has been decent and looked lively. That's not knocking Kodjia, who is obviously having a good season, but that's just what I've seen.

Watched every home game and can't say Freeman has played well in any.

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Watched every home game and can't say Freeman has played well in any.

Best game I have seen him play was Brum away , 1st game back after suspension where I thought he was excellent, said to my lad we had missed him but he hasn't quite lived up to that game yet but as I said previously I think he will be back to his best soon

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Watched eBTWy game and can't say Freema) n has played well in any.

Until his performances (*isnt's) improve I think he should be forced to keep his hair long and banned from getting it cut ...... Self-flagellation isnt necessarily a bad thing - & it saves Cotts a job! :)

*('isnt's' .. shouldnt be there, self inserted while typing & wont delete, why does this keep happening? - its so frustrating and turns posts into gobble-de-gook. Posting via android tablet btw)

1 hour ago, super_scotty_murray said:

More to the point is that some people actually think this post was serious...

What do you mean, THINK this post is serious - it is serious. If you look at the table below you'll see that the more streamlined the shape, the lower the drag coefficient. Freemans current head / hair shape is very inefficient.  If, as you suggested, he had his hair cut, the drag coefficient would improve. Why don't you contact City and offer to be the official hair stylist?

image.png

12 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Until his performances (*isnt's) improve I think he should be forced to keep his hair long and banned from getting it cut ...... Self-flagellation isnt necessarily a bad thing - & it saves Cotts a job! :)

*('isnt's' .. shouldnt be there, self inserted while typing & wont delete, why does this keep happening? - its so frustrating and turns posts into gobble-de-gook. Posting via android tablet btw)

I thought you'd just found a quirky way of criticising his form (His performancisnt's)!

Extremely disappointed with him this year, possibly because the bar was set so high....but he is still so out of shape it's unreal, and it is affecting his movement around the pitch.  I honestly feel that Bobby Reid is the most unfortunate player in the squad.  When he was playing in the Freeman role his performances were head and shoulders above what LF has produced so far, yet he gets ditched as soon as the suspension is up.

Get the bulk off and I think you'll see him return to his best, but at the moment I think it's tough to try and justify his continued inclusion in the starting line up.

4 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I thoTwenty pencejust found a quirky way of critic ising his form (His performancisnt's)!

Extremely disappointed with him this year, possibly because the bar was set so high....but he is still so out of shape it's unreal, and it is affecting his movement around the pitch.  I honestly feel that Bobby Reid is the most unfortunate player in the squad.  When he was playing in the Freeman role his performances were head and shoulders above what LF has produced so far, yet he gets ditched as soon as the suspension is up.

Get the bulk off and I think you'll see him return to his best, but at the moment I think it's tough to try and justify his continued inclusion in the starting line up.

Agree with your post.. SW.

Looks like between us (and dodgy software?) We may have come up with a great new word for the footballing world ....

PERFORMANCISNTS !! ..... I like it...

Twentypence et al .. (even the Bristol Post -we know you're reading! :) ) its all yours, looking forward to hearing and reading it soon!

Performanc'isnts - you heard it here first!

Archived