IGNORED

Rotherham Roll Call

rockinrobin

Just bought my tickets for my junior robin and me. The last time we won away was Middlesbrough  and she was B C mascot that day, so hopefully she will bring us good fortune again and an important 3 points. Any one else joining us ????? and if you are have a safe journey.

COYR

58 minutes ago, rockinrobin said:

Just bought my tickets for my junior robin and me. The last time we won away was Middlesbrough  and she was B C mascot that day, so hopefully she will bring us good fortune again and an important 3 points. Any one else joining us ????? and if you are have a safe journey.

COYR

G'wan the young 'uns.

We will win.

30 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Friday Lunchtime I expect........ But a little dickie bird told me this morning that it will be pay on the day.....

The Tetbury Supporters Branch will be attending.

The Bussage away Squad are going.....Tetbury ITK as usual....;)

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Second game of the season for me, got a win at Borro last time I went so hopefully the same again COYR 

Likewise 2nd game for me and the junior.

exiled in the north east makes it difficult to get to many games but fancy us in this one as I did against Middlesbrough. Going for a massive 3-1 win for the boys with Kieran getting a brace and Jimmy getting the other. Come on lads bring home the 3 points.

Have a safe journey everyone.

On 23 November 2015 at 17:57:10, daored said:

Looking forward to this this, new ground and close to the city centre. Should be a good day

Evidently you've never been to Rotherham; proximity to the town centre isn't in any way a good thing! The ground is alright; think a slightly better Doncaster or S****horpe if you've ever been to those?

22 minutes ago, daored said:

Ha, ha not saying its a good thing, but an option to get a pint, but to eat is a positive

True- I guess rather that than a stadium on an industrial estate 5 miles out of town. As I live in Sheffield I'd have a beer there and get the train through for kick off, but personal circumstances mean I can't go on Saturday

Afraid I haven't been out for a beer in Rotherham for ages so I can't remember any decent pubs, though I think there are a couple of decent boozers in town

28 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

True- I guess rather that than a stadium on an industrial estate 5 miles out of town. As I live in Sheffield I'd have a beer there and get the train through for kick off, but personal circumstances mean I can't go on Saturday

Afraid I haven't been out for a beer in Rotherham for ages so I can't remember any decent pubs, though I think there are a couple of decent boozers in town

Heading from Halifax, so more than likely a change in Sheffield meadowhall 

8 hours ago, chipdawg said:

Evidently you've never been to Rotherham; proximity to the town centre isn't in any way a good thing! The ground is alright; think a slightly better Doncaster or S****horpe if you've ever been to those?

Evidently you have cos you're comment is bob-on.

ROTHERHAM DRINKING ADVICE

It's just like Bristol only completely different.  Think of Bristol...yeah, shrink it down in size a tad or two, (fair enough), then close all the big shops & other smaller useful shops, burn a couple buildings down, flatten a few pubs and turn them into carparks, sprinkle the odd troupe of fuzzy cheeked yoofs about the place with carrier-bags full of super-strength canned lager (baseball capped, of course). Then plant some nice gardens, and tell the whole world "things are on the up, honest". 

Ground's decent, small but decent.  The Town Centre...er well err if you want something to eat, have a big breakfast before you set off or stay in Sheffield until last possible minute.  There are a couple of routes I know from the train station to the ground where you don't have to pass a burnt out nightclub, or a burnt out pub or a burnt out restaurant, etc etc, you get the picture.  For those of you who know Rotherham from 10/20/30 years ago, well its changed a lot ! & not in a good way.  Most of the pubs you remember are either closed, knocked down for car parks or even  a burnt out shell.  

There's 3 Wetherspoons all close by / within 10 minute walk of NYS, either 'Bluecoat' or 'Corn Law Rhymer' are your best bet. Avoid Rhinoceros (w'spoons also). New York Tavern and The Cutler are great, full of home fans but safe for exotic out of towners too. Police (if they're there) will direct to the 'Bridge Inn' opposite the train station. All those pubs fine for beardio real ale drinkers, (bland lager man mi'sen).

Drinking is your only thing to do. All the shops are gone. Plenty o' bookies for your accumulator splash. If coming by car, there's free parking a hop skip and jump from NYS at the old closed down Tesco store on Forge Island offa Main Street / Market Street. Free Parking on Sats & Suns (says it all about the local town centre economy). Giess 200 spaces ? get there early though.

I suppose the Minster's nice (of no use to me though!). It's not a church, oh no.

IN SUMMARY - have a few beers in Sheffield.

Enjoy x

11 hours ago, Meschugge said:

Evidently you have cos you're comment is bob-on.

ROTHERHAM DRINKING ADVICE

It's just like Bristol only completely different.  Think of Bristol...yeah, shrink it down in size a tad or two, (fair enough), then close all the big shops & other smaller useful shops, burn a couple buildings down, flatten a few pubs and turn them into carparks, sprinkle the odd troupe of fuzzy cheeked yoofs about the place with carrier-bags full of super-strength canned lager (baseball capped, of course). Then plant some nice gardens, and tell the whole world "things are on the up, honest". 

Ground's decent, small but decent.  The Town Centre...er well err if you want something to eat, have a big breakfast before you set off or stay in Sheffield until last possible minute.  There are a couple of routes I know from the train station to the ground where you don't have to pass a burnt out nightclub, or a burnt out pub or a burnt out restaurant, etc etc, you get the picture.  For those of you who know Rotherham from 10/20/30 years ago, well its changed a lot ! & not in a good way.  Most of the pubs you remember are either closed, knocked down for car parks or even  a burnt out shell.  

There's 3 Wetherspoons all close by / within 10 minute walk of NYS, either 'Bluecoat' or 'Corn Law Rhymer' are your best bet. Avoid Rhinoceros (w'spoons also). New York Tavern and The Cutler are great, full of home fans but safe for exotic out of towners too. Police (if they're there) will direct to the 'Bridge Inn' opposite the train station. All those pubs fine for beardio real ale drinkers, (bland lager man mi'sen).

Drinking is your only thing to do. All the shops are gone. Plenty o' bookies for your accumulator splash. If coming by car, there's free parking a hop skip and jump from NYS at the old closed down Tesco store on Forge Island offa Main Street / Market Street. Free Parking on Sats & Suns (says it all about the local town centre economy). Giess 200 spaces ? get there early though.

I suppose the Minster's nice (of no use to me though!). It's not a church, oh no.

IN SUMMARY - have a few beers in Sheffield.

Enjoy x

Last time I was in Rotherham I went to the Bridge Tavern and Howard Webb was in there in a suit. It's a funny, scruffy little pub (though they have a great range of beer tbf) so he looked rather conspicuous. I think I've been in The Cutler too and that was perfectly nice, but I'd echo the sentiment to go drinking in Sheffield if you have the time.

Archived