IGNORED

MARLON PACK BANNED

thatchersgold

On 11/30/2015 11:01:40, YorkshireSection said:

I'm not his biggest fan, however he does the job he's asked of by the current manager, who have we to fill his boots? For one tedious reason or other we DONT have a squad large or one competitive enough to be able to swap and choose how or who we play, so MP ban is definitely not a positive, unless of course BR comes in and can leap like a salmon, crunch the tackles and still be quick, creative and offensive, unfortunately I doubt this or he'd be playing already, fingers crossed for Saturday!

He can't do any worse

On 11/30/2015 7:53:47, yardy said:

Every time we have a blip in form a player is picked out as a scapegoat and unfortunately for Marlon it's him right now. I actually think he is a very important player for us and the thing we will miss from him on Saturday is his physical presence, without him in the middle of the park we might get pushed about a bit and we won't win as many 50/50's and headers.

I am not saying he shouldn't be replaced to improve our squad but right now he is the best we got and a hell of a lot better than some of our fans give him credit for.

We need another midfielder in January that will improve our squad and we won't be left short when we have suspensions or injuries.

Get off Marlons back, we will miss him on Saturday! 

Well he never played last week

1 minute ago, Kim_il_sung said:

The OP might be a moron but that's just below the belt. What i'd give for a pint of thatchers gold right now.

Wouldn't you prefer a litre of People's Revolutionary Cider-type Alcoholic Beverage? No, probably not :(

Pack wins a lot of headers and that will be a loss on Saturday. However I don't buy that he makes many "crunching tackles". For me he rarely gets close enough to anyone to make a tackle, and if he does, a decent midfielder can walk round him and leave him behind. I would be prepared to lose what he does bring to the team if the trade off is to get some creativity into the team and open teams up. At Rotherham, nobody in midfield had any idea of how to get through a well organised defensive team playing deep, even one with the worst defensive record in the division.

Looking at the stats for the Blackburn game ( http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958859/Preview/? ) Pack is rated our best player with an average rating of 7.11, in fact he's the only player in our squad in the 7's. I don't know why some people on here don't rate him, he's always heavily involved in everything going on in midfield. He seems to be suffering the same way Skuse did, ie he doesn't do anything spectacular and so people focus on his mistakes. However the stats don't lie so some people on here need to start appreciating him a bit more, let's hope we don't miss him too much on Saturday.

On 03/12/2015 08:47:05, ashton_fan said:

Looking at the stats for the Blackburn game ( http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958859/Preview/? ) Pack is rated our best player with an average rating of 7.11, in fact he's the only player in our squad in the 7's. I don't know why some people on here don't rate him, he's always heavily involved in everything going on in midfield. He seems to be suffering the same way Skuse did, ie he doesn't do anything spectacular and so people focus on his mistakes. However the stats don't lie so some people on here need to start appreciating him a bit more, let's hope we don't miss him too much on Saturday.

Stats are so misleading. Pack is so clearly out of his depth at championship level. Korey Smith is absolutely outstanding and could get into any championship team. For all I know pack might be better in terms of stats. They mean nothing. 

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Reid and Smith looked good, if only we had a Pack type player to balance the midfield. Bit of height and bite :fear: 

Bobby started really well and has a lovely first touch but he faded badly in the 2nd half and was almost non existent. Korey again the best player for us but what has happened to Freeman,he looks like a little boy lost. For all the Pack bashers out there he was missed badly yesterday as we had no physical presence in the middle at all. One thing that is a worry though is a lack of shots from the midfield,I think it is the lowest ratio of any team in the division.

Archived