IGNORED

Paul Lambert and Blackburn Rovers

reddogkev

Let's put the weekend to bed and look ahead to Saturday...

I can't quite decide whether I like Lambert as a manager.  Ok, so he was pretty good at Norwich to begin with, got them up a couple of leagues, but kind of fizzled out.

But you could rightly say, he put the foundations in place for Norwich to be back in the Premiership

At Aston Villa he seemed very dour and unable to create an attractive premier league team - although things must be tough at Villa for any gaffer.

I can see him doing a decent job at Rovers, but think he's going to need next summer to really sort them out.

So, all things considered, do we have a decent chance of beating Blackburn on Saturday?

I reckon the players will respond, and even without Pack and the hole this leaves in the team, we'll be good enough to grab the 3 points.

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

Let's put the weekend to bed and look ahead to Saturday...

I can't quite decide whether I like Lambert as a manager.  Ok, so he was pretty good at Norwich to begin with, got them up a couple of leagues, but kind of fizzled out.

But you could rightly say, he put the foundations in place for Norwich to be back in the Premiership

At Aston Villa he seemed very dour and unable to create an attractive premier league team - although things must be tough at Villa for any gaffer.

I can see him doing a decent job at Rovers, but think he's going to need next summer to really sort them out.

So, all things considered, do we have a decent chance of beating Blackburn on Saturday?

I reckon the players will respond, and even without Pack and the hole this leaves in the team, we'll be good enough to grab the 3 points.

He did an unbelievable job at Norwich. Took them to the prem and comfortably kept them there. He took over a terrible villa team that were without doubt going down and saved them from relegation and had kept them up the next couple of seasons and pulled off many upsets against the top sides and without many funds to spend. Good manager and I reckon they will beat us Saturday.

1 hour ago, Jonbristol said:

He did an unbelievable job at Norwich. Took them to the prem and comfortably kept them there. He took over a terrible villa team that were without doubt going down and saved them from relegation and had kept them up the next couple of seasons and pulled off many upsets against the top sides and without many funds to spend. Good manager and I reckon they will beat us Saturday.

I wouldn't say it was an unbelievable job at Norwich, I remember not being too surprised (perhaps I just raised an eyebrow with mild interest) when he managed to get back-to-back promotions with the canaries.  Don't remember him being that good for Aston Villa if I'm being honest!

Would you say Saturday is one of those games that could go either way? 

Now, I'm off to Lancashire to pay a visit to Mr Rhodes to test the strength of his kneecaps against a golf club.  Purely out of scientific interest.

25 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

City to win 2-1. 

As for Lambert, clearly a very talented manager, although you wonder if taking the Blackburn job showed a lack of ambition.

Hope your right BCR (2-1)

i was surprised by the list of managers out of work posted on here a while back, so I suppose any job in the top two divisions is prized ATM...

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Jordan Rhodes

That's all you need to know, he'll be the difference maker on Saturday

Having seen them on TV a few times I actually think their best players are their 2 centre backs, Henley and Duffy.

If you think Hull were physical wait until you see these two. Even before Lambert arrived this was a tough game..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Having seen them on TV a few times I actually think their best players are their 2 centre backs, Henley and Duffy.

If you think Hull were physical wait until you see these two. Even before Lambert arrived this was a tough game..

Yeah, wouldn't disagree there, Graham. They are a tough team, won't be many goals, but they have one of the best at this level to make the most of any chances. Not sure we do

Looks like we'll have Wilbs and Agard back together and Kodjia rested or used as an impact sub, but from memory we didn't get much change from Blackburn last time around in the Championship even when they were in a bad run. Rhodes seems to find a way through our defence all too easily, a class act.

18 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I wouldn't say it was an unbelievable job at Norwich, I remember not being too surprised (perhaps I just raised an eyebrow with mild interest) when he managed to get back-to-back promotions with the canaries.  Don't remember him being that good for Aston Villa if I'm being honest!

He took them to back-to-back promotions, within two years of him leaving they were relegated. He got Grant Holt scoring 15 goals in the top flight! Pretty unbelievable to me.

A fool for leaving for Villa though, shouldn't be touching that job with a barge pole. A stingy owner who wants out of the club - brilliant.

Blackburn have won 4 games out of 18 this season, just 1 more than City.

'Demon marksman' Rhodes has scored 9 goals this season, just 1 more than Kodjia. 

In 18 games they've scored 1 more goal than City.

City's task is to breach a very mean Blackburn defence - they've conceded less than any other team outside the top 6 except Cardiff and PNE.

If we score first there's no reason we can't win.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Blackburn have won 4 games out of 18 this season, just 1 more than City.

'Demon marksman' Rhodes has scored 9 goals this season, just 1 more than Kodjia. 

In 18 games they've scored 1 more goal than City.

City's task is to breach a very mean Blackburn defence - they've conceded less than any other team outside the top 6 except Cardiff and PNE.

If we score first there's no reason we can't win.

9 goals from Rhodes is still very good, especially considering he's only played 16 times. Excellent striker.

Agree about the rest though, winnable game but tough.

Archived