Little.            Baker      Moore.          Bryan

Bennett.        Reid.        Smith.          Burns

Kodjia.       Cox

21 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

Fielding

Bennett        Flint          Baker            Williams

Freeman       Smith      Reid         Bryan

Kodjia                 Agard

A right winger at right back, a left footed midfielder at right midfield. No.

6 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You'd drop Korey Smith? Interesting...

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

Dropping our best player this season is an interesting one 

Yep dropped an absolute clanger here.....please see below:

Fielding

Ayling   Flint   Baker

Little                                  Williams

Smith    Reid

Bennett                                 Bryan

Kodjia

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This came up in another thread.

In our first 10 games we conceded 20 goals at 2 per game, with 1 clean sheet. A poor record. 

In the 8 games since we've conceded 10 goals at 1.25 per game and kept 4 clean sheets. A much better record. 

Therefore we have clearly improved defensively and I maintain that we are now not conceding that many goals.

I have noticed, but back to normal last Saturday against a poor team proves we are still frail.

26 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Cox is a quality forward.  He simply hasn't been given a proper chance. He must feel very let down by the manager over his loan move

Cox is actually a very ordinary forward indeed.

In his career he's played 143 Championship games, scoring 30 goals.

I'm not sure his near 1 goal in every 5 games record at this level makes him a 'quality forward', or someone we should imagine would make a huge difference.

He came here as no more than temporary cover imo., and will be replaced in January.

25 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Cox is a quality forward.  He simply hasn't been given a proper chance. He must feel very let down by the manager over his loan move

This is the short fat guy that trundled around for 25 odd minutes on Saturday without barely touching the ball, right?

i can't see him adding anything to our side but would love to be proved wrong!

On Tue Dec 01 2015 23:08:45 GMT+0000, Healeyred96 said:

Fielding 

Bennett    Moore     Flint   Baker    Williams 

Ayling       Smith 

Freeman 

Kodjia               Agard 

Subs O'Leary Little Bryan Reid  Robinson Cox  Willbraham 

I go 4-5-1

Fielding

Little

Ayling

Baker

Bryan

Burns

Reid

Smith

Freeman

Robinson

Kodjia

Subs: Wilbs, Flint, Agard, Little, Williams, Bennett, Babb. 

10 hours ago, Cap flinger said:

This is the short fat guy that trundled around for 25 odd minutes on Saturday without barely touching the ball, right?

i can't see him adding anything to our side but would love to be proved wrong!

Don't start having a go at short fat guys or you will get the PC weightist brigade onto you. Ernie Hunt was short and fat and just trundled around, but he was good to watch. However this was in the days when players main training consisted of going to the pub. 

PS  - I agree that Cox won't add much to the team, though I call him a vertically challenged heavily built gentleman. 

Fielding 

Ayling     Flint        Baker    Williams

Bennett      Smith    Reid    Bryan

Kodjia   Burns

subs - Cox, little, waggy, o'leary, mcoulsky, 

Injection of pace into squad, Ayling playing in his actual position where he always played for Yeovil, diamond midfield with Korey everywhere and Bobby pulling strings. Burns and Kodjia raw pace to run all over Duffy and Hanley.

Quality out wide with less defensive responsibility giving them more attacking presence as not as high a workload.

Mcoulsky on the bench because in the games I've watched of the 21s he could be a real handful and I think he might possess rockets in his feet??

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Fielding 

Kodjia   Burns

Injection of pace into squad, Ayling playing in his actual position where he always played for Yeovil, diamond midfield with Korey everywhere and Bobby pulling strings. Burns and Kodjia raw pace to run all over Duffy and Hanley.

Quality out wide with less defensive responsibility giving them more attacking presence as not as high a workload.

Mcoulsky on the bench because in the games I've watched of the 21s he could be a real handful and I think he might possess rockets in his feet??

I can imagine another manager trying something like this as it would shake up the team. Infortunately Cotts has plan A and if that doesn't work he tries plan A ad infinititum 

4 hours ago, Bs4Red said:

Fielding 

Kodjia   Burns

My only difference would be Little, a right back, at right back.

But both you and I know that SC will not change the formation , so it's just wishful thinking.

21 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

But both you and I know that SC will not change the formation , so it's just wishful thinking.

It also has a subs bench of five, one of whom isn't available through injury anyway and another of whom is currently unable to play 90 minutes for the U21s and has no FL experience at all. Plus neither of last season's first choice strike force (with 6 of our 18 goals between them) in the squad at all? Yeah, right.

The real issue is that we have today is no one available to play Pack's role, Reid is another Freeman, not a defensive midfielder so although I expect Reid to start, our midfield worries me greatly.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Wilbraham back in today, too.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Ayling originally a right back and his favoured position. I feel he possess so much more quality than Little!

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

It also has a subs bench of five, one of whom isn't available through injury anyway and another of whom is currently unable to play 90 minutes for the U21s and has no FL experience at all. Plus neither of last season's first choice strike force (with 6 of our 18 goals between them) in the squad at all? Yeah, right.

The real issue is that we have today is no one available to play Pack's role, Reid is another Freeman, not a defensive midfielder so although I expect Reid to start, our midfield worries me greatly.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Wilbraham back in today, too.

5 subs or 7, does it really matter? Only 3 can play and Wagstaff is back according to Cotterill and in honesty that team is theoretical. Obviously Mcoulsky wouldn't play but he is a far shade worth 20 minutes than Wilbs.

couldnt agree more that we will miss pack today

20 minutes ago, cynic said:

IMO playing Ayling at full back would be a huge mistake.

He would be turned inside out by an average wide player in this division and he would be targetted by the opposition manager as a weak point. Its bad enough with him playing in the position he does and goes galloping up field - one cross field ball from the opposition to where he should be and we are caught out.

Totally agree, the system we play with the players we have is very dangerous and the holes that the system open up are extended by the players leaving their positions, fingers crossed we can get a result anyway.

I'm worried we will get very badly over run in the middle of the pitch today, and the lack of pack means we have to win the second ball to get any foothold in the game, would like to see us go 4-4-1-1.

Fielding

Little        Flint           Baker      Williams

Bennett   Smith         Moore       Freeman

Reid

Kodjia

Yes, Liam Moore in Centre Midfield, purely to add height, tackling and defensive ability. I'm aware is controversial but everyone's theory is not what'll happen because Cotts will just stick Joe Bryan in midfield. That's my Theory.

1 hour ago, Kodjia 22 said:

I'm worried we will get very badly over run in the middle of the pitch today, and the lack of pack means we have to win the second ball to get any foothold in the game, would like to see us go 4-4-1-1.

Fielding

Little        Flint           Baker      Williams

Bennett   Smith         Moore       Freeman

Reid

Kodjia

Yes, Liam Moore in Centre Midfield, purely to add height, tackling and defensive ability. I'm aware is controversial but everyone's theory is not what'll happen because Cotts will just stick Joe Bryan in midfield. That's my Theory.

Will be as last week , Bobby for pack, no other change

Archived