IGNORED

Loan Signings

ORANGE500

Why did SC bring in Moore, Cox and Robinson if he didn't think they were better than the existing players in the squad perhaps to just make the numbers up?  IMO I think Cox should play as Agard will not score the quantity  of goals needed and he  should have paired Moore with Baker when they arrived could now have been a good partnership  as Flint and Ayling are sadly not good enough for  Championship level.

I agree chief - his loyalty to the team of last season is admirable but it could rebound on him.

Didn't Moore and Baker play together for England U21s? And they've got Premier League experience so they could have been quite a formidable partnership by now.

And Cox should be given a run, why not? Not as if we are scoring for fun and don't need to freshen anything up...

19 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Why did SC bring in Moore, Cox and Robinson if he didn't think they were better than the existing players in the squad perhaps to just make the numbers up?  IMO I think Cox should play as Agard will not score the quantity  of goals needed and he  should have paired Moore with Baker when they arrived could now have been a good partnership  as Flint and Ayling are sadly not good enough for  Championship level.

He did pair Moore and Baker, with Flint in between, with Ayling rwb and Bryan lwb at Brum away. Baker looked ok but Moore struggled. We found out since that he was carrying a hernia injury.

Moore may yet get a chance to impress,  Robinson has very much failed to do so, and I've not seen enough of Cox to form an opinion. In these situations it's very much down to the player to do his best in training and give the manager something to think about.

Especially as he went on and on about not getting players who's wouldn't add to what we already had, there's a touch of the Gary Johnsons about him, the more I think about him the more I see the contradictions and back peddling.

Its time for a change, I really can't see the bloke having the class, dignity and prowess to build the club that SL so desperately deserves.

Johnson out.......

1 hour ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Panicking to fill the squad after an awful transfer window.

Equals shit management which ever way you look at it, especially when you think of all the Bs he churned out over the summer about getting the right players in to improve the team.. Arguable Baker,Bennet and Kodjia are the exceptions, two of which aren't even our players.

the buck stops at the feet of SC, 3 wins from 18 is dire, especially given the time he's had to improve the squad in the summer and the traversty that ensued is really not where the majority of us fans thought where we would/should be.

Lets give the others in the squad a shine as last seasons successes have failed thus far.

Remember when he first came he gave the number of new signings needed if we won promotion - something, from memory, like 6 or more.

Clearly the plan, if ever there was one, was not to get promotion so soon.

Totally unprepared or being more cynical, as used to be said decades ago, we don't really want promotion.  Bobby Charlton was wrong when he said our natural position was at the lower end of the League 2 (Championship), rather its top half of division 3. So a choice : either you believe we had no proper plans for The Championship or you believe the club is happy with division 3 football.  Either way it is depressing - if the owner is serious about the Premiership we need at least a competent Championship manager and very soon. As has been said three wins from eighteen is indeed dire.

I am getting increasingly worried about staying up, and even concerned about next season whatever division we are in.

5 hours ago, Frenchay Red said:

Robinson has very much failed to do so, and I've not seen enough of Cox to form an opinion. In these situations it's very much down to the player to do his best in training and give the manager something to think about.

I think that's a tad unfair. I think Robinson has actually looked pretty decent in the few appearances he's made for us. He did well in the game against Luton away and the home game against burnley where he provided the assist for kodjias goal.

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Remember when he first came he gave the number of new signings needed if we won promotion - something, from memory, like 6 or more.

Clearly the plan, if ever there was one, was not to get promotion so soon.

Totally unprepared or being more cynical, as used to be said decades ago, we don't really want promotion.  Bobby Charlton was wrong when he said our natural position was at the lower end of the League 2 (Championship), rather its top half of division 3. So a choice : either you believe we had no proper plans for The Championship or you believe the club is happy with division 3 football.  Either way it is depressing - if the owner is serious about the Premiership we need at least a competent Championship manager and very soon. As has been said three wins from eighteen is indeed dire.

I am getting increasingly worried about staying up, and even concerned about next season whatever division we are in.

Erm... think that was Tommy Doc quote.

Doubt whether Bobby Charlton is aware we exist, let alone would comment on us. 

Did he say he would only bring players in that would improve the squad? Yes he did. The player we have bought in on a permanent contract has improved the squad. (For the sake of my argument I going to forget Fredericks). In that disaster of the Summer Transfer Window the players we were linked too buying would have improved the squad. When they didn't come off we then had to revert to the loan market to fill the bench. Was it a panicky move? Yes probably but I would rather panic loan players than panic buy them and be stuck with them and at least both Bennett and Baker have come off. I think Moore has been a bit unlucky with injuries but I'm not sure what is happening with Cox and Robinson, but at least we have now got a full bench, something we didn't start the season with. We're not in the relegation zone and we can look again at hopefully improving the squad when the window opens. It staggers me that people think it is easy to sign players. There isn't a cash and carry striker-r-us place just around the corner. There are numerous factors involved in order to get any deal over the line especially if you are trying to purchase a quality player and not just some cast off that nobody wants. I think Cotts will stick to his mandate that he will only buy players if they will improve the squad, in the meantime if he needs to loan players in too fill the squad then whilst its not ideal I can at least understand it.

9 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Erm... think that was Tommy Doc quote.

Doubt whether Bobby Charlton is aware we exist, let alone would comment on us. 

Neither! Close with Bobby though.

It was a Sportsman's Dinner in Bristol in the early 90's and Jack Charlton said he believed BCFC's natural position in the league was as a good 2nd Division (  Championship) club- and right now I'd take that happily.

Funnily enough- in all those years since he said it, we've only had one season as a good Championship club. All the other seasons , we've fought against mediocrity and relegation. That's not meant as pop at our club, just a statement of fact. It's never stopped me supporting but does make me feel that it's same old same old in that every time we get a metaphorical sight of goal, we fluff our shot.

5 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Neither! Close with Bobby though.

It was a Sportsman's Dinner in Bristol in the early 90's and Jack Charlton said he believed BCFC's natural position in the league was as a good 2nd Division (  Championship) club- and right now I'd take that happily.

Funnily enough- in all those years since he said it, we've only had one season as a good Championship club. All the other seasons , we've fought against mediocrity and relegation. That's not meant as pop at our club, just a statement of fact. It's never stopped me supporting but does make me feel that it's same old same old in that every time we get a metaphorical sight of goal, we fluff our shot.

There used to be a damned good poster on here called Always the Bridesmaid , sort of sums us up really .:whistle2:

16 hours ago, Ray White said:

I think that's a tad unfair. I think Robinson has actually looked pretty decent in the few appearances he's made for us. He did well in the game against Luton away and the home game against burnley where he provided the assist for kodjias goal.

No he didn't.

Archived