IGNORED

Josh onomah

ciderbeans

Think we should be taking a closer look at this Spurs youth prospect.

Spurs academy staff value him at around 1mill but I've seen a glimpse of him and he looks a handful. Pace, power, strength and skill. Worth a loan or a gamble. Comes from good stock at Spurs so may be a step up on Agard even at his tender age. We need some rawness injected into our team.

thoughts?

• Admin
5 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Spurs academy staff value him at around 1mill but I've seen a glimpse of him and he looks a handful. Pace, power, strength and skill. Worth a loan or a gamble. Comes from good stock at Spurs so may be a step up on Agard even at his tender age. We need some rawness injected into our team.

thoughts?

How do you know we are not already looking at him?

The player for me from the same place has to be Alex Pritchard - did brilliantly with Brentford last season so not such a gamble either

23 minutes ago, phantom said:

How do you know we are not already looking at him?

The player for me from the same place has to be Alex Pritchard - did brilliantly with Brentford last season so not such a gamble either

We are looking at him - hence the OP saying we should be taking a 'closer' look. How I read it anyway.

40 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

thoughts?

'We need some rawness injected into our team...'

Wes Burns?

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

thoughts?

Got his position wrong and his value way off! Seen him play though yeah? 

He's getting the odd few minutes here and there and I am sure he trains quite a bit with their first team. Don't think he'll be for sale anytime soon and as of now I'm sure his value is closer to the 5m range similar to what Dele Alli went for. Attacking midfielder that does have the tools to be a fine player. Admittedly have only seen him in the odd friendly or 5-10 minutes. Never looked out of place though. 

So no, I don't think he'll be a "transfer" target. Would he be a good loan? Well that depends. Of he's playing I am almost certain he'd be an upgrade over Freeman on talent alone. The problem is he hasn't played much grown man football. So with that in mind, would he play much with Cotterhill here? I don't think he would and with Bobby Reid here eating up a subs spot, Onamah seems a real waste of time and money. I'm sure Spurs would think the same. 

If we used some of our younger loans like Robinson and Moore, they may have shown their worth. Now though, teams will look at us like we won't be a good place for development. It could mean we miss out on future loans under Cotterhill which is a shame. I think a loan or two for hungry youngsters could be what a struggling club need. Problem is it looks good when you're winning and poor when you lose. 

Reason I say he is a striker is due to his attributes and the fact he has played as a wing forward for Spurs. More of a forward player than stand alone midfielder.

the value given is simply what the academy staff at the club valued him at. Read it in an article on the youth coming through at Spurs 

3 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Reason I say he is a striker is due to his attributes and the fact he has played as a wing forward for Spurs. More of a forward player than stand alone midfielder.

the value given is simply what the academy staff at the club valued him at. Read it in an article on the youth coming through at Spurs 

Spurs Academy publicly stated his value? Surely not, lots of teams would take a chance on him for 1m.

16 minutes ago, ten minutes of rough said:

Thoughts? Another random thread about a player we have no chance of bringing here. 

Have you noticed how parent clubs of quality players avoid us, or do we lack the know how in bringing them here?

I disagree. Baker and Bennett are quality and we have them on loan.

Archived