IGNORED

Sports Bar tomorrow

Dollymarie

Email from Mark Kelly

Hi, 

If you are on the forum and you don’t mind letting people know, the sports bar is doing a chilli con carne buffet tomorrow from 12:00 – 15:00

It is first come first served again, we do have a few bookings from before however.  

£8 to eat in 

£6.50 in a take out box so can be taken to the stand 

Thanks

Mark

Can't help but think that a chilli finger buffet is going to be a bit messy.

Few questions (as indeed is standard with any food thread);

Is there a veggie option?

Rice, garlic bread and tortillas? 

Dips various? 

All you can eat?

Is this a 'proper' chilli or some sort of an 'out of a jar/packet' abomination? 

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

It's great that these different food types are being sold, but I have to ask the obvious question

WHY IS IT NOT ADVERTISED ON THE CLUB WEBSITE ???  http://www.bcfc.co.uk/

Very good point.

As well as on http://www.bcfc.co.uk/ it should also be on 

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/stadium/the-venue/bristol-sports-bar-grill/       AND      http://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/sports-bar

And why wait until a Friday to announce?

2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Email from Mark Kelly

Thanks for posting this DM - I know the Sports Bar has provoked mixed views, but I think it's cool that the club is trying different things and different foods to try and improve the match day experience for some fans.

Not sure it's for me, I prefer the local pubs pre-match, but fair play, the club is trying different things and with 14,000 regular attendees it's inevitable that they won't please everyone, but they will please some...

I've never had a chilli, not my type of thing at all. I'm guessing it's hot, similar to a curry ( not that I've ever eaten one of those either). So great to warm you up on a cold day? Hopefully if it's popular it will be done again throughout the winter. I would think it's cheap to produce and there is a high markup on such food and easy to make and keep warm for a couple of hours too. I can see why the club would offer it. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I've never had a chilli, not my type of thing at all. I'm guessing it's hot, similar to a curry ( not that I've ever eaten one of those either). So great to warm you up on a cold day? Hopefully if it's popular it will be done again throughout the winter. I would think it's cheap to produce and there is a high markup on such food and easy to make and keep warm for a couple of hours too. I can see why the club would offer it. 

You should try it, neither chilli or curry have to be hot spicy wise. It's more a case of tasting the flavours of the spices you add.

i make a mean chilli and a super jalfrezi even if I say so myself !!

3 hours ago, RedM said:

Jesus, my life without chilli & curry would be very boring!!!

12 hours ago, Robbie_Turner said:

You should try it, neither chilli or curry have to be hot spicy wise. It's more a case of tasting the flavours of the spices you add.

i make a mean chilli and a super jalfrezi even if I say so myself !!

I just don't like the look of it, the texture. I don't eat pasta or rice either. But no my life isn't boring! 

32 minutes ago, RedM said:

I just don't like the look of it, the texture. I don't eat pasta or rice either. But no my life isn't boring! 

With you on pasta RedM; it's the most boring mush ever invented.  Why people pay top dollar for it at restaurants when they could be eating decent food escapes me.

I like the rest of it though, except really fluffy white rice.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Thanks for posting this DM - I know the Sports Bar has provoked mixed views, but I think it's cool that the club is trying different things and different foods to try and improve the match day experience for some fans.

Not sure it's for me, I prefer the local pubs pre-match, but fair play, the club is trying different things and with 14,000 regular attendees it's inevitable that they won't please everyone, but they will please some...

Trying different things is great but why is their marketing strategy 'tell someone about it and hope they post it on the forum' ?!

Archived