IGNORED

The Officially Short Bristol City v Blackburn Rovers Match Day Thread

Blackburn. Only town with four successive FA Cup wins. Rovers intermittently since then a Big Club. Bigger than us, anyway. The other BRFC plays in suspiciously similar colours :( 

They'll probably play in a pink and puce away strip today :o

PS Horace says there are 5,000 holes there, many of them des res for hedgehogs. 

Edited by Aizoon
  • Like 1

Feel downbeat, can't see anything here

hope I am proven wrong and the fact that this is a game I won't be at (other home games I've missed this season are Leeds 2-2, Hull 1-1, Wolves 1-0 and MK 1-1 would suggest its going to be a good result!) may prove decisive !

P.S Bad luck everyone I will be back for QPR and Boxing Day as well as Reading away :P

Edited by Chairman Mao

I am feeling very nervous about this one, as I predicted in that thread, I can only see us getting a draw at 1 - 1  It is a depressing day here, it has been raining on and off for a week now and today started brightly, but by 10 am it was raining again and hasn't stopped since. Now at 15.50 it is dark, come on City make me happy and get an overdue win!    COYR's

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Very apprehensive about today's game, after the poor display at Rotherham another defeat could be a disaster for morale and confidence. Blackburn have Rhodes and fear he might be the key difference between the sides today - hope I'm wrong and we can start strong and take the lead, as can't see us coming back it we fall behind.

This is exactly how I felt this morning. A couple of beers has fortified me and given me more hope. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

The moment i've been waiting for , my chance of Forum glory ...

clears throat ...

Blackburn , :blink: ...

umm .. 

Blackburn , a shithole in the North .

over to Big Tone for the condensed  version .

Here's hoping Big Tone makes a swift comeback, if under the weather.  In his absence, I can only offer a poor unworthy condensed version.

"Blackburn?     w4^k"

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

I agree but Pack sits way deeper than Freeman which is where I would like to see Reid. 

Ahhhh. He does sit deeper than freeman but that doesn't necessarily make him a holding midfielder. 

I'm not a pack basher, not by any means. But he's not particularly good at breaking up play like Korey and doesn't have the skills or creativity that Freeman has (had!). He certainly passes well, but in what is a fragile midfield, I wonder if there's genuinely a place for a wonderful passer who in all honesty doesn't tackle, beat people or offer a threat going forward. 

This is Bobby's big chance. And I hope he takes it.