IGNORED

Liam Moore

Nomad

20 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Thought he did pretty well today when he came on. Makes Cott's decision not to sub Baker even more baffling.

Yes. But baker has been outstanding. It's not just his play it's his aura of determination.  Cottrell loves that. Unfortunately today he seemed determined to get sent off, But his attitude is usually matched by some precision. Moore was good today, but on the whole hasn't been that assured. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

While I don't think it was baffling he kept Baker on but have to say Moore looked very at home. It was part of a back 4 so probably helped him a bit. Would say he deserves a start next week but it'll most likely be Joe at WB and Williams at LCB. 

It was in a back three (3-5-1) with Kodjia up front on his own. When Freeman went off for Wilbraham it was then 3-4-2.

I definitely expect him to start up at Huddersfield or why wasn't Bryan our first sub?

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It was in a back three (3-5-1) with Kodjia up front on his own. When Freeman went off for Wilbraham it was then 3-4-2.

I definitely expect him to start up at Huddersfield or why wasn't Bryan our first sub?

For the reason of Cotterhill loves sticking with familiar faces is why I think it'll be back to the league one lineup mostly. I don't agree with it but Cotts doesn't change many things. Also DW is left footed whereas Moore isn't. 

Id make a few changes if it were up to me for next week but if I'm putting money on what Cotts will do, I've got £20 on a lineup of Fielding, Bennett, Ayling, Flint, Williams, Bryan, Pack, Smith, Freeman, Agard, Kodjia. He doesn't make changes. The only bright side to this is that Joe gets a chance to earn a place back in the squad because he is capable as a player. 

1 hour ago, redfieldred said:

Yes. But baker has been outstanding. It's not just his play it's his aura of determination.  Cottrell loves that. Unfortunately today he seemed determined to get sent off, But his attitude is usually matched by some precision. Moore was good today, but on the whole hasn't been that assured. 

But the point for me was once Baker had committed the 2nd bad challenge he was no longer in a position to be that player. To stay on the pitch he had to be extra extra careful when tackling and therefore can't play his normal game. I don't understand how Cotts failed to see that. 

1 minute ago, Donkeeebles said:

But the point for me was once Baker had committed the 2nd bad challenge he was no longer in a position to be that player. To stay on the pitch he had to be extra extra careful when tackling and therefore can't play his normal game. I don't understand how Cotts failed to see that. 

Yep - nothing against Baker - just a bad day for him.... But if I knew Moore would come on and do such a job the change was easy...... And Cotts should know that.

Archived