IGNORED

Quick, throw the baby out with the bath water before it grows up.

JM91

This club has a massive problem, negative fans.  Honestly one of the worst in the football league and that is one of the few non-exagerated sentences you will see on this board.

All the way until April last season, in one of our best seasons ever, fans were saying not to get carried away etc.  yet when it comes to a poor season we get carried away after 5 months?

The players are clearly low on confidence, they are good players and many will go on to play to a high standard, I would prefer however if they didnt have to leave our poisonous supporter base to do so.

6 minutes ago, JM91 said:

This club has a massive problem, negative fans.  Honestly one of the worst in the football league and that is one of the few non-exagerated sentences you will see on this board.

All the way until April last season, in one of our best seasons ever, fans were saying not to get carried away etc.  yet when it comes to a poor season we get carried away after 5 months?

The players are clearly low on confidence, they are good players and many will go on to play to a high standard, I would prefer however if they didnt have to leave our poisonous supporter base to do so.

Absolute nonsense. The reaction of supporters to our current predicament would be the same at any club in the same circumstances.

I have never understood why there is a desire to portray our fans as somehow uniquely negative. All football fans complain when their team is struggling. We are not remotely unique in that sense.

6 minutes ago, JM91 said:

What do you expect of fans when we are one goal above the bottom 3, can't seem to trouble opposition 'keepers, have totally wasted the superb momentum we built up last season and consistently f uck up when we get into the championship?

Anyway, you've cracked it, it's us lot who have caused the problem.

For what it's worth, I don't think we're much different to other fans. 

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Absolute nonsense. The reaction of supporters to our current predicament would be the same at any club in the same circumstances.

I have never understood why there is a desire to portray our fans as somehow uniquely negative. All football fans complain when their team is struggling. We are not remotely unique in that sense.

Go to the MK Dons board, a club in near identical circumstances, try to find a thread related to sacking Karl Robinson.  Compare to the number about SC on here.

12 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Good job your not a man Utd fan then,they are booing their side because they are not attacking enough despite being near the top,every clubs fans are like it you berk,as for the players going on to play at a high standard,think the players signed to city not loans only one will have a career at this level and that's smith

7 minutes ago, JM91 said:

Go to the MK Dons board, a club in near identical circumstances, try to find a thread related to sacking Karl Robinson.  Compare to the number about SC on here.

Interesting comparison, I think that might be for two reasons. Firstly the demographic of their fan base. They are a "new" club and perhaps their fans are more mellow about club matters as they haven't seen as much failure as supporters at clubs like ours!

Maybe their expectations were lower, lots of fans on here (myself included) thought we'd be doing much better; comfortable mid table to top 6. I would imagine lots of MK fans expected survival only. I don't think our expectations were done any favours for mega bids for players like Gayle and Grey..

I predicted us to be 8th and have "a similar season to Brentford/Wolves last season" oops!

My beef is not with negativity. That's to be expected after a turn for the worse in form, what bugs me is reactivity and short termism. A player has 1 poor game after a series decent ones and the decent games are forgotten. He suddenly not good enough at this level. It's unfair. 3 or 4 poor games fair enough, but not just 1 or even 2. That's not fair or balanced. It's close to bullying. 

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting comparison, I think that might be for two reasons. Firstly the demographic of their fan base. They are a "new" club and perhaps their fans are more mellow about club matters as they haven't seen as much failure as supporters at clubs like ours!

Maybe their expectations were lower, lots of fans on here (myself included) thought we'd be doing much better; comfortable mid table to top 6. I would imagine lots of MK fans expected survival only. I don't think our expectations were done any favours for mega bids for players like Gayle and Grey..

I predicted us to be 8th and have "a similar season to Brentford/Wolves last season" oops!

Exactly. Their circumstances are not near identical. They are playing at a higher level than they have ever played before (as MK), they don't have the financial backing we do, and, with consideration to their budget, their summer recruitment was not the unmitigated disaster ours was - as such expectations will be different.

30 minutes ago, JM91 said:

This got me interested. You say that the circumstances of your club are identical to the circumstances of MK Dons, yet at least as far as I can see your fan base seems to be honouring a long running tradition while the identity of MK Dons differs trumendously from the original Wimbledon FC. I wouldn't usually buy into anything people tell me about things but that's how it really looks from over here. Could you further explain the comparison between MK Dons and Bristol City?

At the start of last season we outplayed title favourites Sheffield United at Brammal Lane. A few days later we made 8 changes for a meaningless league cup game, narrowly lost and OTIB was in complete meltdown. I'm not sure many other fanbases would've reacted like that.

To be fair though at games it does take a lot for us to get on the teams back. We're pretty patient in that regard, which is where it matters most rather than on an internet forum.

Archived