IGNORED

David Moyes

Between heaven and hell

Dear Steve

you've shown us your ambition with the new ground now let's up the stakes on the football side of Bristol Sport.

Steve Cotterill has completed stage one by getting us to theChampionship now it's time to invest in a top name manager. A manager who will be able to bring players in and have more than one way of playing!

The man you want is David Moyes go and get him ASAP

Hard to know what Moyes stock is like in the game at the moment.

I'm sure he could get a job in the Premier League, someone would surely give him a job in the championship, but to go from Everton, Man Utd, Real Sociedad to bottom of the championship doesn't seem to flow, I can't see him being interested in a job here considering where we are in the league. Maybe if we were up near the top of this league he might give it a passing thought, can you really see him potentially chucking away about 15 years of his career on a low end championship club who may go down?

This is why we're in this mess this season! Trying to get people in that have bigger ambition than Bristol city! As much as we all love our club but to the outside world and even people around us have little intrest or knowledge of us. A guy who I work with who's a big football fan and supports a premier league team didn't even know we're in the championship until I told him the other week

31 minutes ago, screech said:

Hard to know what Moyes stock is like in the game at the moment.

I'm sure he could get a job in the Premier League, someone would surely give him a job in the championship, but to go from Everton, Man Utd, Real Sociedad to bottom of the championship doesn't seem to flow, I can't see him being interested in a job here considering where we are in the league. Maybe if we were up near the top of this league he might give it a passing thought, can you really see him potentially chucking away about 15 years of his career on a low end championship club who may go down?

I would like to think he still had a soft spot for us and it would be a good place to kick start his career again

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

This thread has got my hopes up! 

But no way, we have missed that boat by a few years now. 

You have a point Red M.

He would presumably have dumped Everton or Manchester United in a heartbeat to join us in League one.

Bit scary to join us now as a force in the Championship. Hey-ho, his loss.

6 minutes ago, Between heaven and hell said:

I would like to think he still had a soft spot for us and it would be a good place to kick start his career again

He does still have a soft spot for us.

He has, on a number of occasions said that his days with us were the best of his playing career. He has often spoken well of the club too.

While not sure if he would be keen to join us in our present "predicament", I can't help thinking he would work well with SL.

47 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

This is why we're in this mess this season! Trying to get people in that have bigger ambition than Bristol city! As much as we all love our club but to the outside world and even people around us have little intrest or knowledge of us. A guy who I work with who's a big football fan and supports a premier league team didn't even know we're in the championship until I told him the other week

We're league 1, always will be, time to lower expectations

!!

Archived