IGNORED

Simon Cox

Guest john shaw number 1

Guest john shaw number 1

Anyone one know who much we are paying him to sit on the bench most weeks,,must be one of the easiest jobs going

Cotts says he doesn't and won't waste the clubs money but Cox,Hamer, Robinson, Moore prove otherwise. Everyone forgot how bad Agard was because we were desperate for Wilbs to be dropped. If Cox cannot even get one start with where we are why the hell sign him?? In addition, why oh why didn't we get a midfielder before loan window expired??? Four midfielders for 3 places is stupid!!!

21 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I still believe the new manager will play Welsh under 21 international goalscorer Wes Burns.  As for me I'd pair him with Cox, until Kodjia gets his mojo back

Did you not think we were the better side today until Baker got sent off?  Kodjia wasn't sparkling, but he still had some flashes.  He isn't going to turn it on every game.  Rhodes has scored 1 more goal (albeit in less matches) in an on-paper far better side than us.  Footballers play at this level because they can't turn it on every week.

...and we all know you don't want Cotterill in charge!  Who do you think we could realistically get in to replace him?

Maybe he is using them to fill out the bench because he couldn't without them. Then by not playing them they don't get appearance fees. It's genius really. 

On a serious note though, in regards to Robinson, think we've loaned him specifically for our under 21s? Think about it, he's better than most U21 in the country as he played for England's. Help our U21 get results and make the academy look better. I'm probably reaching but don't think it would be a half bad idea if clubs did that. 

See the pattern......a few weeks ago it was all "Get Wilbs out...Agard, Agard, Agard" Has that worked?? No.

Now it's all "Get Agard out, Cox Cox ******* Cox" 

Who is next?

Or maybe we should address the crux of the issue.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee

Guest UncleAlbert

In reference to the first question I'd have to say Cox is earning between the 15-25 grand a week mark. That's just a shot in the dark but past players, kilkenny for example was being paid 10k a week for the championship a few years back, a half decent striker in this league would be expected to pull in a little more, again it is a lot of money to throw away on a bench player. Am I only one thinking wade Elliott should be given a place back? Strange that he was retired whilst wilbs continues to feature in our squad. Surely must've been suffering from injury too often, what's the chances as well that if cotts goes, wade will be given the caretaker job 

this sums up our season , very strange goings on with Simon cox. Surely he can't be happy with situation. Got to be worth a run of games. Jk looks tired/ low on confidence. Can't be that un fit he can't start otherwise why did we sign him and who signed him?

We do not use the squad system at all, so have become predictable, with back up players getting little game time. Must be easy to man against us.

As for being the better side pre sending off, really? We were shocking, no spark, many misplaced passes, no threat.

7 hours ago, Chappers said:

As for being the better side pre sending off, really? We were shocking, no spark, many misplaced passes, no threat.

I agree, very tedious and boring game ....and the ref was awful as well! ....I did catch up on some sleep in the second half though ...which was nice. :-))

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Did you not think we were the better side today until Baker got sent off?  Kodjia wasn't sparkling, but he still had some flashes.  He isn't going to turn it on every game.  Rhodes has scored 1 more goal (albeit in less matches) in an on-paper far better side than us.  Footballers play at this level because they can't turn it on every week.

...and we all know you don't want Cotterill in charge!  Who do you think we could realistically get in to replace him?

No, I dont think we were the better side, two very poor sides, game had 0 0 all over it, till the sending off, which as other people had said, got to blame Cotts, for, its such a shame after last season,hes begining to annoy me now, with comments he makes every week after the game, just once, can he not say I got it wrong, instead of blaming everyone and everything else, yesterday ref (agan) and now our pitch! Which is a joke, when you consider what it use to be like, and we have played on.

Then there is the signings,loan  ones we have made, and lack of,think we all could see even last season that our midfield needed strenghtening, a ball winner, and a creative player, his tactics, relucants  to change, ,subsitutions, or lack of, says we are not scoring, or converting changes, so why not give Cox a go?

Apart from that I think that he doing a good job!

12 hours ago, Alessandro said:

See the pattern......a few weeks ago it was all "Get Wilbs out...Agard, Agard, Agard" Has that worked?? No.

Now it's all "Get Agard out, Cox Cox ******* Cox" 

Who is next?

Or maybe we should address the crux of the issue.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee

That's what a manager should be doing - making changes until a combination works. You'd rather keep the same under performing team?

Alb did say the definition of insanity was 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nigel Pearson...

I don't think he would be interested in Bristol City, so I'd consider that unrealistic.

I don't like the bloke from what I've seen or heard on the telly....but he does look a good manager.  He would be a great coup if we had to replace Cotts, but as above I think he'd think City were beneath him....he is rather aloof.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think he would be interested in Bristol City, so I'd consider that unrealistic.

I don't like the bloke from what I've seen or heard on the telly....but he does look a good manager.  He would be a great coup if we had to replace Cotts, but as above I think he'd think City were beneath him....he is rather aloof.

Well Pearson managed Leicester in league one so he may not think a championship club with a new stadium is beneath him?

Who knows?! But with all the sackings in the championship this season there won't be many options left soon if we do look to make a change!

36 minutes ago, Nomad said:

That's what a manager should be doing - making changes until a combination works. You'd rather keep the same under performing team?

Alb did say the definition of insanity was 'doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.'

Not in the slightest Nomad!

I actually think we play better as a team with Wilb up there with Kodjia. For me it's no coincidence Kodjia's goals have dried up while playing along Agard, you can see him getting roughed up more and there are less outlets.

I actually want change and the biggest change of all. As I posted elsewhere sentimentally clouds judgement, and I believe, with all due respect to what SC has achieved, it's time to freshen things up on the managerial front. We are on a downwards spiral of results and performances, what we do have is team spirit which is slowly eroding.

If we change managers, I think the new manager would be better off given the January transfer window, than not. Also given that I believe we could spend big in Jan, that is surely a great incentive to a potential new manager, perhaps one with the class and experience we could never have attracted before.

52 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well Pearson managed Leicester in league one so he may not think a championship club with a new stadium is beneath him?

Who knows?! But with all the sackings in the championship this season there won't be many options left soon if we do look to make a change!

Yes, he did....but I think he now thinks he's better than us.  I might be wrong. I do think he's a good manager, albeit I don't like the way he comes across.  That however is immaterial, as its 99% about results.  I'll back whoever our manager is.  That currently Cotts, and I like Cotts.  Don't get me wrong, he comes out with some crap also!!

Archived