IGNORED

Penalty

formerly known as ivan

2 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Stonewall. Should we have had one first half? Hard to see from atyeo end

2 minutes ago, Cider red said:

Stonewall. Should we have had one first half? Hard to see from atyeo end

I'd say 50/50 could have gave It have seen them given but wasnt clearcut not sure whether Agard would have actually got to the ball.

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Can't believe how many people around me in the south stand didn't think it was a penalty. Wonder if any of these people get football sometimes!

The challenge from Flint summed up his season so far, clumsy and useless!

Anyone think it wasn't a penalty and if so why not?

I'm in the block nearest the SS of the Dolman so it was right in front of me and I thought it was blatant but there were also plenty around me who were yelling all kinds of cheating this and that obscenities at the Blackburn player for apparently diving 

Just seen the highlights on sky, blatant pen. Flint even makes the effort to lift his foot to trip the Blackburn player from what I can make out.

Regarding Agard in the first half, completely forgot about that given the shambles that unfolded thereafter. I believe that was a stonewall pen as well, the guy took a piggyback ride on Agard.

I'm in wheelchair section of SS, nearest Dolman, so couldn't have been much closer.  Definite penalty.  Flint's challenge initially didn't make contact, but his leg came up the more he slid in and made contact.  

As for Agard penalty, less clear cut, but IMHO he was blatantly pushed, even though I don't think he would've been able to convert the cross....looked a smidge too high.  That doesn't matter though.

Thought the ref got most things right today to be fair. The Agard one would've been a tough one to swallow if say flint had done it to Lawerence so not mad it wasn't called but did my best to shout and try to persuade the ref. Done well not to send Baker off in first half. Knew it was gonna be a pen on flint as he took a few steps back first as if to take up position to block a cross then decided to try to stop the dribbler. Always one outcome as he's been clumsy this season. 

The only thing I think ref missed was on their first goal, one of theirs was all over I think it was Moore on the corner. Arm on back vaulting him up and preventing Moore from jumping which helped it get knocked down for the goal. I've seen them called before and would say we were a bit unfortunate there but I would've been angry if the roles were reversed and it called so not end of the world. 

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Thought the ref got most things right today to be fair. The Agard one would've been a tough one to swallow if say flint had done it to Lawerence so not mad it wasn't called but did my best to shout and try to persuade the ref. Done well not to send Baker off in first half. Knew it was gonna be a pen on flint as he took a few steps back first as if to take up position to block a cross then decided to try to stop the dribbler. Always one outcome as he's been clumsy this season. 

The only thing I think ref missed was on their first goal, one of theirs was all over I think it was Moore on the corner. Arm on back vaulting him up and preventing Moore from jumping which helped it get knocked down for the goal. I've seen them called before and would say we were a bit unfortunate there but I would've been angry if the roles were reversed and it called so not end of the world. 

Can't agree with this one fella. I thought it was a awful decision to not send Baker off in the first half. I appreciate it was in our favour but had it been the other way around we'd have been outraged 

I was sat in the southstand on that corner side right above the flag, flint didnt touch him, he took a very well timed dive which was why everyone in that section went mental with the decision and then why very classily there players celebrated in front of us. Thats how i saw it.

The Agard foul was definitely a penalty but, IMO, there was a simple reason why the ref didn't give it. If he had given a penalty he would also have been forced to show the Blackburn defender a red card. He knew he'd made a mistake in not sending off Baker a few minutes earlier so didn't want to compound his mistake. Not giving the penalty evened thing up. 

6 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

Can't agree with this one fella. I thought it was a awful decision to not send Baker off in the first half. I appreciate it was in our favour but had it been the other way around we'd have been outraged 

No I meant it as many refs would've sent himoff. Thought he was good in giving him the final warning. He didn't want to be the one to change the game but Baker ended up forcing his hand. In the first half as separate incidents they were both yellows. So more or less what I'm saying is I liked the patience to call him over and give him the chance to call down. Probably not getting my point across but yea two book able offenses but I liked the ref trying to keep the game clean and competitive at the same time. Same way he was lenient to not book Lawerence up until the time he did. Letting the players play and decide the match. 

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

I was sat in the southstand on that corner side right above the flag, flint didnt touch him, he took a very well timed dive which was why everyone in that section went mental with the decision and then why very classily there players celebrated in front of us. Thats how i saw it.

That's what I saw. The guy dived over his leg. Flint even signalled over to the bench that.

The Agard incident was definitely a penalty. The guy was on his back and basically was dragging him to the floor.

I thought the ref was rubbish today. He gave them a corner when it was definitely a goal kick (and then they scored). So much play-acting and diving, shirt-pulling and petulance etc and he ignored it. 

3 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

I'm in the block nearest the SS of the Dolman so it was right in front of me and I thought it was blatant but there were also plenty around me who were yelling all kinds of cheating this and that obscenities at the Blackburn player for apparently diving 

The City players, especially Fielding and a lot in the South Stand were upset because the Blackburn player deliberately handled the ball near the Dolman touchline in the build up to the incident which resulted in a penalty.

We did not lose today because of the referee. But it is becoming a complete joke that we are having to witness such inept and one sided refereeing.

The red card would not have happened if Cotterill had done the sensible thing and replaced Baker at half time. 

5 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Good point about Baker. With a lot of refs he'd have been off before half time and we couldn't have complained. Good case for a club fine, or don't they do that these days?

5 hours ago, tts_city said:

I was rigth by it, there was definitely contact, I could hear it, but the Blackburn player was going to go down either way, the contact (for him) was a happy accident

10 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Totally agree with Baker being sent in the first half. In fact if he had sent him off then he wouldn't of caused himself the problems he did with the home crowd because when he did send Baker off it then looked like the Blackburn players influenced his decision.

korey smith should off had a clear yellow card in the first which he didn't do.

All in all a really poor weak performance from a referee who tried to referee the game like a Sunday morning game.

Lets hope we don't see him again this season

The referee made two game-changing bad calls; the Agard incident, right in front of me, was a penalty 100%. He was wrestled to the ground and any question as to whether he would have reached the ball at the far post is of course immaterial. 

The other, as someone mentioned above, was the decision to award a corner which led to their first goal. No City player touched the ball.

Those two decisions combined changed the course of the game far more than Baker's sending off did. A potential 1-0 lead becomes a 1-0 deficit. 

As for the Blackburn pen, definitely the correct call. However I think most of those protesting were on about the possible handball in the build-up, rather than Flint's tackle.

Agard one was half a penalty I reckon. By that I mean we need to get another `dubious` foul later in the game to get a whole one.

As far as theirs was concerned, I`m not sure if Flinty made contact or not but if you go to ground two footed in that position the forward`s always going to go down and the ref will give it 99% of the time.

1 hour ago, City Rocker said:

The referee made two game-cifanging bad calls; the Agard incident, right in front of me, was a penalty 100%. He was wrestled to the ground and any question as to whether he would have reached the ball at the far post is of course immaterial. 

The other, as someone mentioned above, was the decision to award a corner which led to their first goal. No City player touched the ball.

Those two decisions combined changed the course of the game far more than Baker's sending off did. A potential 1-0 lead becomes a 1-0 deficit. 

As for the Blackburn pen, definitely the correct call. However I think most of those protesting were on about the possible handball in the build-up, rather than Flint's tackle.

Liam Moore definitely headed the ball out for the corner If I am thinking of the same Incident as you. He 100% headed that one out.

Archived