IGNORED

If you think you're on the moral high ground defending Steve Cotterill, maybe you're wrong

Alessandro

On 6 December 2015 at 22:53:03, LondonBristolian said:

To me, this is simply lazy thinking and an attempt to deflect any need to justify persisting with a manager when results aren't working by making a comparison to something that's completely irrelevant.   Cotts was utterly brilliant last season and I've never seen anything on OTIB that suggests that ANYONE on this board doesn't appreciate the amazing job he did.  He turned a struggling club around, returned the feelgood factor and produced some of the best football I've seen us play in twenty-five years of being a supporter.  And, for all the posts claiming certain people have a secret anti-Cotts agenda, I've never seen anyone post anything that bears that out.

I've pointed this out before but every single League One Champion since 2008 has finished in the top half of the table the next season. So far we're the worst promoted champion since Blackpool in the season we got to the play-off final.  And I don't see where things are going to improve.  My two questions for the people who feel certain SC remains the right man for the job are these:

1) Forgetting last season, what exactly is it you've seen this season that makes you think Cotterill can turn it around?  'Cos I've missed it and wish I could see it.

2)  On a side note, various people seem convinced that the problem is the board refusing to spend money we need to spend.  What exactly is the source for this?

When did Blackpool win league one?

When we went up in 06/07 S****horpe were champions and when we got to the championship play off final in 07/08 Swansea won league one...

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When did Blackpool win league one?

When we went up in 06/07 S****horpe were champions and when we got to the championship play off final in 07/08 Swansea won league one...

I have to say that I thought Blackpool went up two or three times via the play-offs - certainly when they went up to the Premier league because they beat Cardiff. 

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have to say that I thought Blackpool went up two or three times via the play-offs - certainly when they went up to the Premier league because they beat Cardiff. 

Yes but the post to which I replied was about how the various Champions of league one fared after going up.

It wasn't about promoted sides...

Archived