IGNORED

Eleven wins needed for safety

Major Isewater

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Who is this quote from??

‘There is room for a Premier League club in Bristol. It’s a fantastic city, it’ s a great club, it’s got a great owner and there’ll be a great stadium. Now they’ve got a good team, all they need is a good manager!’

C'mon...who?

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

A dramatic rise in form needed though. Fortunately Bolton look like goners to me. Any 2 of the current bottom 7 or 8 could join them. We need a bit of luck but more importantly improvement.

Goners? 4 points behind with 81 still to play for?

Leicester City were bottom of the Premier League this time last year.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

and Derby were bottom of the PL for basically the whole season the time they got the record lowest points, you can find examples both ways.

Their finances will dictate their fate, if it's not sorted by January they're in trouble and will have to sell any assets they have.

I think Neil Lennon is a decent manager but the off field situation will be too big for them.

We better hope they're doomed otherwise it's another survival rival.

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

and Derby were bottom of the PL for basically the whole season the time they got the record lowest points, you can find examples both ways.

Their finances will dictate their fate, if it's not sorted by January they're in trouble and will have to sell any assets they have.

I think Neil Lennon is a decent manager but the off field situation will be too big for them.

We better hope they're doomed otherwise it's another survival rival.

Finding examples both ways doesn't prove your point, it proves mine!

Far too early to write anyone off.

5 hours ago, Super said:

would be amazed if we need that many. The way it's going by Jan 5 teams could be cut adrift.

Totally agree, on current form none of the bottom five will get more than 47 points, clearly 3 wins from 19 is nowhere near good enough but we could well stay up winning another eight.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Finding examples both ways doesn't prove your point, it proves mine!

Far too early to write anyone off.

You picked two random examples where struggling clubs have survived, I could find many more where struggling clubs, especially those in such a dire financial state, have been relegated. Based on what I've seen of them they're not a good side either and in fairness I was trying to find a silver lining about the teams that are down there in relation to our own situation !

6 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

So to get to the magic mark of 50 points we need to win , at least , 11 of our last 27 matches , a win rate of roughly 40% .

We are n't dead yet .

Based on our season to date performance it will only take another 51.33 games to hit those magic 11 more wins...

We're ****ed!!!

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You picked two random examples where struggling clubs have survived, I could find many more where struggling clubs, especially those in such a dire financial state, have been relegated. Based on what I've seen of them they're not a good side either and in fairness I was trying to find a silver lining about the teams that are down there in relation to our own situation !

Fair enough. I do actually agree with you that they are highly likely to go down, I'm just always very wary of writing anyone off, especially this side of Christmas.

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think the 9 defeats will be the easier to obtain .

Agreed

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And if Nigel Person was our manager it'd back us for a decent lcup tun and a top 10 finish.

15 hours ago, GrahamC said:

With our current squad? 

Really, are you serious?

Who said about current squad, get him in now and let him analys the squad and recruit where needed. The man has some pull in football and there's plenty of players who'd be very willing to play for him.

one things for sure SC the draw of Pearson and given all the money in the world with asc at the helm and our pathetic record to date we aren't going to improve our position, especially with a ridiculous 3-5-2 formation and persisting with the same personal week in week out.

dont even get me started with the 3 wasted loan signings and the failure to use the WHOLE squad.

Great lower league manger no doubt, problem is if he stays any longer that's exactly when we will this time next season. 

Guest cider city red 81
On Monday, December 07, 2015 at 12:56, Major Isewater said:

So to get to the magic mark of 50 points we need to win , at least , 11 of our last 27 matches , a win rate of roughly 40% .

We are n't dead yet .

Bit negative this.

What's the number of wins for play offs?

8 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Pretty sure that was a different season?

You're right, Palace were 19th when Iain Dowie came in as manager in December 2003 and he took them to the play offs and won to take them into the Premier League....and he has got criticism both on here and elsewhere but that was some achievement. 17 wins from the last 23 games that season......but never mind because Cotts has 'never been relegated from the championship...'

Archived