IGNORED

So, you're the manager.....

Jesus

I see Badger has been reincarnated in a holier form!

I would bring in an experienced central midfielder first, someone like Steve Sidwell would be good. Don't think he's played that much this season.

I would still try and Kernogant, feel the French speaking connection would be useful. Depending on outgoings, another striker too. An all rounder who can link play and get goals. James Vaughn, Clayton Donaldson, Fraizer Campbell..

Moore is going back so another defender. A young player again I guess due to availability. Is Lascelles playing much at Newxastle?

I would then look to bring in players with potential who can develop into championship players, or if were relegated can start in league 1. Kemar Roofe, Bradley Dack, John Egan, Morsy. I may even ask about Jed Wallace at Wolves who's barely had a look in. Versatile player and lots of potential.

20 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You've got money to spend in the January window to get us out of this mess.  

Where do you strengthen and who do you buy? 

If the manager is SC then you probably really struggle to bring in the right players to get us out of this mess.

if we weren't willing to pay inflated wages in the summer then get your calculator ready is transfer fees in January sky rocket as do wage demands. Not to mention ŵould they want to come to play for a club in a relegation dogfight only capable of playing one formation, and according to some one of the less popular men in football management.

alternatively, put someone like Pearson in now and the cards change completely and as such results will follow.

If I had to wager my houses on in it I'd say we go the GJ route and see the wonders of league one again next year, heaven forbid and its not unrealistic to imagine 2016/17 the year of the Bristol Derby.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Steve but if we want to move further away from Rovers it's time for a new man.

We are back to the same predicament the last time we flopped out of the Championship, we will have to pay over the odds for average players due to us fighting relegation.

Sidwell, Donaldson, Campbell, Lascelles, Kermongrant you can swap for the ilk of Nyatanga, Maloney, Davies, Kilkenny etc..

Let's cherry pick League 1 and abroad then pray to God almighty.

4 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

We are back to the same predicament the last time we flopped out of the Championship, we will have to pay over the odds for average players due to us fighting relegation.

Sidwell, Donaldson, Campbell, Lascelles, Kermongrant you can swap for the ilk of Nyatanga, Maloney, Davies, Kilkenny etc..

Let's cherry pick League 1 and abroad then pray to God almighty.

Disagree. Sidwell, Campbell, Donaldson and Kermogant all have proven themselves in this league, Lascelles is a good up and coming player who regularly plays for the u21s. Kilkenny was awful, Nyantagna showed signs of promise but never realised it and if Davies got himself fit and applied himself would have been a good player. Don't see you making any suggestions !

35 minutes ago, Jesus said:

You've got money to spend in the January window to get us out of this mess.  

Where do you strengthen and who do you buy? 

Afternoon Jesus,

You know how easy it was for you to turn water into wine and that other wonderful stuff you did with the bread and fishes to feed the 5,000.

Well what chance of doing some similar great stuff to turn our back three into an impenetrable force and our strikers into goal machines to satisfy the 15,000.

By comparison it should be relatively easy.

Over to you. 

Regards, Fred.

p.s. Happy Birthday for in a couple of weeks' time, in case I forget.

The problem will be getting good players to sign for a club that looks as though it might be relegated. Hardly a good career move. The best plan might be to get players on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. 

The facts of the matter are we are conceding 2 goals a game and with the goals drying up at the other end we are not going to win many games.  Therefore we need 1xKeeper, 1xDefender and 1xStriker in January.

For me Fielding is a great shot stopper but doesn't command his box enough and is prone to dodgy decisions so I think we need to sort this out and source a big keeper (no ideas who though!)

Personally I think Flint has gone backwards from last season, he tries hard granted, but his overall play is back to the level it was when he first signed (when our defence was also very poor), so I think we need a replacement.

Upfront we need another striker who can bag 20 goals a season, Agard and Wilbs are well short in my opinion and JK can't be the sole source of goals.

Where do we get these from?  We can't attract current Champ or Prem players for whatever reason, so I think we need to chance our arm abroad or snap up some young and hungry talent from League 1.  There is talent out there, just look at Alli for Spurs this season, and I think we would be attractive to players down there.  I'm not a fan of long term loans, they are OK for short term cover but I don't think they at conducive to being successful long term.

Are we going to have any offers for our own players is my first thought...?

Of the current team and taking into account form and confidence I don't see it, but you never know, Codge, Ayling, Williams Smith catch attention and other clubs may be interested in players that are on the bench or not even making the squad....al la Cunningham....Little, Reid, Burns etal...

Assuming no one goes out I think most know where, its who and how much! over to you Steves!!

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The problem will be getting good players to sign for a club that looks as though it might be relegated. Hardly a good career move. The best plan might be to get players on loan with an option to buy at the end of the season. 

The catch is that players on loan will be , perhaps , less likely to give all to the cause if they know that even City get relegated they will return to their parent club .

damned if you do , damned if you don't !

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Disagree. Sidwell, Campbell, Donaldson and Kermogant all have proven themselves in this league, Lascelles is a good up and coming player who regularly plays for the u21s. Kilkenny was awful, Nyantagna showed signs of promise but never realised it and if Davies got himself fit and applied himself would have been a good player. Don't see you making any suggestions !

I am saying those players are to good, we royally messed up in the summer and now we are fighting a relegation battle we will have to pay over the odds lile we did before for below average players like we did with Kilkenny, Nyatanga, Davies etc...

Signing the cream of League 1 or players abroad is a suggestion.

2 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

I am saying those players are to good, we royally messed up in the summer and now we are fighting a relegation battle we will have to pay over the odds lile we did before for below average players like we did with Kilkenny, Nyatanga, Davies etc...

Ah I see, sorry, misread you. Thought you were saying those players would have the same effect as the ones you mentioned!

It's easy to say that. Lazy really ;). Who's the cream of league 1?

3 hours ago, redfred said:

Afternoon Jesus,

You know how easy it was for you to turn water into wine and that other wonderful stuff you did with the bread and fishes to feed the 5,000.

Well what chance of doing some similar great stuff to turn our back three into an impenetrable force and our strikers into goal machines to satisfy the 15,000.

By comparison it should be relatively easy.

Over to you. 

Regards, Fred.

p.s. Happy Birthday for in a couple of weeks' time, in case I forget.

How are you going to forget his birthday?  It's an easy one to remember.  It coincides with Christmas.  

17 hours ago, cider city red 81 said:

1. Anthony Gerrard free

2. Richard Keogh 800k

3. Micah Hyde free

4. Dwight Gayle 8mil

Presume 1 and 3 are massive piss takes?

Gerrard is at Shrewsbury, and always had the turning circle of the Titanic
Micah Hyde, the same Micah Hyde last seen at Barnet 5 or 6 years ago?

Keogh and Gayle I'd snap your hand off for

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Presume 1 and 3 are massive piss takes?

Gerrard is at Shrewsbury, and always had the turning circle of the Titanic
Micah Hyde, the same Micah Hyde last seen at Barnet 5 or 6 years ago?

Keogh and Gayle I'd snap your hand off for

It's worse than that for Hyde, he's 41 now?! 

I'm all for some more experience in the side but that's pushing it!

image.png

On 08/12/2015 at 16:06, Dynamite Red said:

Davies was below average? 13 goals in that dire relegation season and he started just 21 games.

Archived