IGNORED

Old boys` returning.

Lanterne Rouge

Just having a look at the next few home games and it strikes me we`ve got a lot of our old boys, more than usual it seems, coming back to AG. I`m just wondering what sort of receptions they`ll get. We`ve only really had Matt Smith up to now but will soon be welcoming in the next few weeks;

JET (alright, unlikely but possible)

Albert

Sam Baldock

Dave Cotterill

Cole Skuse and Dean Gerken

Neil Kilkenny

Stephen Henderson

And towards the end of the season;

Neil Danns

Richard Keogh

Who will get grief and who will be shown appreciation for what they did for us I wonder.

Have no problems welcoming any of those back. Don't really get the hatred towards ex-players. Yes, Kilkenny was shit, but he's just another player now. If you leave for a rival or disrespect the fans, then fair enough, boo the ****ers . The rest can be left alone. Sure Albert will get a brilliant reception though and rightly so. Top Man and player.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just having a look at the next few home games and it strikes me we`ve got a lot of our old boys, more than usual it seems, coming back to AG. I`m just wondering what sort of receptions they`ll get. We`ve only really had Matt Smith up to now but will soon be welcoming in the next few weeks;

JET (alright, unlikely but possible) huge clap from me, still gutted he's not here, just the man to partner Kodjia

Albert (you'd be an idiot that not applaud him)

Sam Baldock (the one on one king, on spar with Agard, MEH)

Dave Cotterill (******)

Cole Skuse and Dean Gerken (huge applause for Skuse, what I'd do for him to be back in the team)

Neil Kilkenny (wrong fit)

Stephen Henderson ( a lot bigger and better than we have now

Neil Danns(another who'd strengthen our midfield, massively.

Richard Keogh ( as above, great defender and top defender.

Who will get grief and who will be shown appreciation for what they did for us I wonder.

• Admin
11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Albert

Sam Baldock

Dave Cotterill

Neil Kilkenny

Stephen Henderson

Neil Danns

Richard Keogh

Haven't we played against the majority of these players already?

Think back to the reception they got last time

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Haven't we played against the majority of these players already?

Think back to the reception they got last time

We have but all have been away up to now. This will be the first time most will have been back at the gate though with the possible exception of Kilkenny,

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Memories, even bad ones, are short

What of Fredericks ?

Cotterill & Henderson

Fredericks was at home.

16 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Albert

Sam Baldock

Dave Cotterill

Neil Kilkenny

Stephen Henderson

Neil Danns

Richard Keogh

We have also had Nicky Maynard back down here.

Guest cider city red 81
18 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Albert

Sam Baldock

Dave Cotterill

Neil Kilkenny

Stephen Henderson

Neil Danns

Richard Keogh

Pittman 

By my calculations, and if all our former players get on the pitch against us this season that will be 19 former players. Only three more for two complete sides of them!

Smith, Fredericks, Baldock, JET, Pitman, Cunningham, Kilkenny, Golbourne, Rosenior, Maynard, Vokes, Albert, Skuse, Gerken, Anderson(?), Keogh, Danns, Henderson, Cotterill.

Any I`ve missed to get it to 22?

7 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

jet would get my biggest show of appreciation,closely followed by albert.then pitman and dannsy,a bit for skusey. not much left for the rest but im sure i could do some pointing for kilkenny

"... a bit for Skusey.."

279 games for us, only 20 fewer than JET, Albert, Pitman and Danns added together.

I really appreciated Cole's contribution to BCFC, I know a lot of others did too, but loads of others didn't.

Would love to have him in the engine room right now...

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

By my calculations, and if all our former players get on the pitch against us this season that will be 19 former players. Only three more for two complete sides of them!

Smith, Fredericks, Baldock, JET, Pitman, Cunningham, Kilkenny, Golbourne, Rosenior, Maynard, Vokes, Albert, Skuse, Gerken, Anderson(?), Keogh, Danns, Henderson, Cotterill.

Our player of the year in our last season in the Championshjp.

Although Anderson shouldn't be included as he plays in League One.

22 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Won't be Anderson he is out injured and certainly doesn't play for Ipswich anymore.Sure he is at Bradford now

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes. Heaton`s name came to me this morning at work. Awful one to miss - apologies. Also one or two others - Lewis Dunk, Jordan Spence and Simon Moore . Must admit, I thought Paul Anderson was still at Ipswich, didn`t realise he`d gone to Bradford.

Another bad miss - Chris Wood

See above

Archived