IGNORED

Why applaud a sent off player?

mossey

Think the title says it all really, can't understand why people do it! Especially when the likely outcome is that their team could go on to lose the game. They have let the fans and rest of the  team down. Am talking stupid reckless sending offs here, as in Saturdays game, not the unlucky, or bad ref ones. 

Why clap the team off when they lose then? Every player who pulls on the red and white gets my full support so long as they play for us. Baker messed up, but an applause is my way of giving him my support as I lack the access to bring him back up any other way. Let's be fair, he knew he'd cocked up, he doesn't need telling.

7 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Skeletor got the red carpet treatment from the Williams. That was pure embarrassment. 

Bakers been pretty decent for us, he ****** up, but I still like him. 

No he didn't, it was the Atyeo that seemed to adore Holloway as he came out of the tunnel and when he went back in. As you say, an embarrassment.

He got nothing but abuse from the Williams stand behind his dugout...

4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No he didn't, it was the Atyeo that seemed to adore Holloway as he came out of the tunnel and when he went back in. As you say, an embarrassment.

I did think three rounds of "For He's a Jolly Good Fellow" was going a bit far, however rousing and uplifting…

Depends on the circumstances I guess, but clapping NB off on Saturday seemed odd

Last minute, 1 up against the G*s and Holloway is clean through, with Humphries breathing down his neck, I'd hope and pray Humphries takes him out before he can get his shot off and give away a free kick instead. Less chance of a goal, I'd clap Humphries from here to eternity for that

0-0 against Blackburn, in a dire, close game. Not having that

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Depends on the circumstances I guess, but clapping NB off on Saturday seemed odd

Last minute, 1 up against the G*s and Holloway is clean through, with Humphries breathing down his neck, I'd hope and pray Humphries takes him out before he can get his shot off and give away a free kick instead. Less chance of a goal, I'd clap Humphries from here to eternity for that

0-0 against Blackburn, in a dire, close game. Not having that

You could clap in an ironic sort of a way .

12 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Why clap the team off when they lose then? Every player who pulls on the red and white gets my full support so long as they play for us. Baker messed up, but an applause is my way of giving him my support as I lack the access to bring him back up any other way. Let's be fair, he knew he'd cocked up, he doesn't need telling.

Why clap a team if they lose? In general our team are trying not to lose and will put a shift in.

When a player on a yellow gets a second, it is pretty stupid. Especially considering he could have been sent off before the 2nd yellow.

So applauding such stupidity is stupid init.

Why be stupid, why?!?!

14 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Why clap a team if they lose? In general our team are trying not to lose and will put a shift in.

When a player on a yellow gets a second, it is pretty stupid. Especially considering he could have been sent off before the 2nd yellow.

Why be stupid, why?!?!

Because stupidity is the mask that the truly great use to hide their brilliance. 

1 hour ago, Scrumpy said:

Why be stupid, why?!?!

stupid question

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Happy to be corrected, hard to see from the postbox which was the east end. :) 

I remember Mark Aizlewood getting sent off against Brighton (I think) in the early 90's for laying the nut on one of their players. He then walked the longest way around the ground to the tunnel and got clapped by our fans as he walked past. Never understood that as we only had a narrow lead at the time and it put us in the brown stuff (again, I think! Long time ago)

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Happy to be corrected, hard to see from the postbox which was the east end. :) 

As you said though chief, it was embarrassing - it didn't matter where the applause and adulation came from. He may be Bristolian but he just doesn't like us and he is a Gas fan. He's obviously mellowed now, and he sometimes seems to actually respect us a bit now. But, part of being a fan is the tribalism and blinkered support for our boys while despising our rivals. So why applaud him? I didn't get it. It wouldn't happen at the Memorial Ground if Joe Jordan, for example, strolled out of their tunnel in charge of another club.

And I won't forget THAT You Tube video of Mr Holloway slagging us off.

Am I being childish by bearing the grudge still? Undoubtedly! I will grow 'old' but not 'up'......

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As you said though chief, it was embarrassing - it didn't matter where the applause and adulation came from. He may be Bristolian but he just doesn't like us and he is a Gas fan. He's obviously mellowed now, and he sometimes seems to actually respect us a bit now. But, part of being a fan is the tribalism and blinkered support for our boys while despising our rivals. So why applaud him? I didn't get it. It wouldn't happen at the Memorial Ground if Joe Jordan, for example, strolled out of their tunnel in charge of another club.

And I won't forget THAT You Tube video of Mr Holloway slagging us off.

Am I being childish by bearing the grudge still? Undoubtedly! I will grow 'old' but not 'up'......

You're not being childish, tribal or any of that bollocks. Skeletor is a gas loving **** and you need to remember that. 

On 08/12/2015 at 23:09, Welcome To The Jungle said:

As you say,he knows he balls'd up,so wouldn't boo him off-sure wouldn't clap him for getting himself unnecessarily sent off with a rash challenge.if a colleague at work let me down big style when his help was needed(and being paid for)he wouldn't be getting a pat on the back.

On 9 December 2015 at 16:33, SuperDziek said:

I remember Mark Aizlewood getting sent off against Brighton (I think) in the early 90's for laying the nut on one of their players. He then walked the longest way around the ground to the tunnel and got clapped by our fans as he walked past. Never understood that as we only had a narrow lead at the time and it put us in the brown stuff (again, I think! Long time ago)

Plymouth.

Archived