IGNORED

Marina Dolman Way

bcfcrobin

Here's a graphic I put together for that thread. The owner of Pula can move any of the assets in any of the subsidiaries wherever he likes. At the moment the ground is still an asset owned by Bristol City Holdings but not Bristol City FC.

PULA_Organisation_Chart.png

10 hours ago, phantom said:

What was the occasion last night?

Was it a sponsors event?

Number 1 was announced a few weeks back.

Great news for Marina, a great ambassador for the club and always a polite lady to meet - certainly our own little piece of Royalty 

It was the annual Bristol sport gala dinner which is essentially for members of the lansdown club, clubs employees, community trust and BS staff

Some Players and management of the sporting clubs also usually attend and do a speech as do the lansdowns, griffiths and billingham 

It's hosted by Lisa knights and is all very slick, professional and 'corporate' and usually has 2/3 professionally produced videos about the sporting achievements over the past 12 months, community trust activities etc

although it was announced a week or so ago about the women's football applying for name change, it was confirmed last night that they had been successful so are now officially Bristol City Women

5 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

It was the annual Bristol sport gala dinner which is essentially for members of the lansdown club, clubs employees, community trust and BS staff

Some Players and management of the sporting clubs also usually attend and do a speech as do the lansdowns, griffiths and billingham 

It's hosted by Lisa knights and is all very slick, professional and 'corporate' and usually has 2/3 professionally produced videos about the sporting achievements over the past 12 months, community trust activities etc

although it was announced a week or so ago about the women's football applying for name change, it was confirmed last night that they had been successful so are now officially Bristol City Women

Are there really 800 people in the Lansdown club, BCFC / BS employees and community trust? Wow!

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

I personally think there`s a lot of renaming that will be done once the stadium`s finished. I think that they`re just using the geographical names for now and will then make a big event out of the final names with possibly fans votes and stuff like that so I don`t think we should get too wound up about it ATM. I can`t honestly see the new AG just having boring, generic names like west stand, south stand etc. and there will probably also be the opportunity to vote for names for the concourses and things like that.

I for one think that SL deserves something major named after him and I suspect I`m not alone.

If the South Stand wasn't going to be called the South Stand, they would have renamed it before they spent all the money on signage.

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Are there really 800 people in the Lansdown club, BCFC / BS employees and community trust? Wow!

Hard to say how many management, BS, city, rugby, flyers etc personnel were there  but there were probably around 100 company's present who had differing numbers of tickets per table

1 hour ago, Milo said:

Here's a graphic I put together for that thread. The owner of Pula can move any of the assets in any of the subsidiaries wherever he likes. At the moment the ground is still an asset owned by Bristol City Holdings but not Bristol City FC.

PULA_Organisation_Chart.png

Not completely accurate...

Bristol Flyers Limited is 100% owned by Bristol Sport Limited.

Bristol Academy Women's Football Club Limited is a private company limited by guarantee without share capital and no Lansdown entity or individual appears to be a member.

Bristol Rugby Club Limited is 90.2% owned by Pula Sport with Chris Booy holding the rest.

There doesn't seem to be an incorporated company relating to Dino Zamparelli.

Connor Hall Racing Limited is not owned in any form by SL, Pula or Bristol Sport (85% owned by a member of the Hall family).

Lando Norris Promotions Limited is 100% owned by Norris family members.

All information based on latest publicly viewable documents at Companies House.

On 12/9/2015 at 08:23, Bristol Rob said:

Once again, Bristol Sport have missed a trick.

Marina Dolman Way? 

Probably more recognisable than Marina, is the iconic car. So surely it should be...

Marina Dolman Drive (s)

I see that some have criticised your post, but I must say I liked it.

Marina's RR is, of course, iconic, and it never ceases to amaze me on my now rare visits to Ashton Gate how it is always parked there.

Out of curiosity, should anybody know, does Marina actually drive the car herself (I presume not) and is the car ever vandalised? 

On Wednesday, December 09, 2015 at 17:44, steviestevieneville said:

I look at Bristol sport as mainly a management company. They take care of ticketing, hospitality and promoting the clubs , also ticketing for GCCC. They have nothing to do with City as far as the football is concerned.

I'm with you on this. I separate the two as well and don't really see why BS receive so much hatred from some. Getting the business side of things organised of the pitch has to be a good thing to help set the club up right in the long run.

Appreciate everyone has an opinion though.

16 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

I'm with you on this. I separate the two as well and don't really see why BS receive so much hatred from some. Getting the business side of things organised of the pitch has to be a good thing to help set the club up right in the long run.

Appreciate everyone has an opinion though.

Totally agree, why have several systems of ticketing,marketing etc. Stream line it all into one, has to save money.

On 9 December 2015 at 20:52, ChippenhamRed said:

If the South Stand wasn't going to be called the South Stand, they would have renamed it before they spent all the money on signage.

There's still time to call it the Henry McKop

On Wednesday, December 09, 2015 at 07:22, Dollymarie said:

Marina was very emotional last night to say the least. She didn't know that Steve was going to announce the news about her name becoming a permanent memorial when the West Stand is finished. 

Rumour I heard is she stood up knocking glasses and crockery over and was banging the table  with her fists while stamping, screaming and shoutiing at the top of her voice "IT's MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY! Mr Lansdown!!" 

(joke)

So it turns out thats not true afterall then... :)

Oh well good on her a legend and credit to the memory of her late great husband Harry!

17 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I reckon we should name each cubicle in the 5hit houses around the stadium and adorn them with images of the person the cubicle is named after. Who wouldn't want a dump on Holloway, the horse punchers piss house or Daryls' dunny?

I would very much like to lay a log on the grinning toothless visage of Ian Alexander.

On 12/9/2015 at 07:19, ChippenhamRed said:

Two daggers in the heart for those that say Bristol Sport are eroding our identity.

It will depend on what occurs in the future. In it is inevitable that the Williams stand name like that of the Eastend/ Wedlock will be removed by Bristol Sport. Check Q&A. An educated guess is that a current Bristol Sport business partner will be part of the renaming.

The Atyeo and Dolman?

Bristol Sport are considering painting the exterior of the Dolman stand grey and using large drops/banners(?) to advertise rugby events. That could be considered an erosion of identity.

Marina Dolman way is a plus the above can be perceived as real negatives. 

7 minutes ago, WTMS said:

It will depend on what occurs in the future. In it is inevitable that the Williams stand like that of the Eastend/ Wedlock will be removed by Bristol Sport. Check Q&A. An educated guess is that a current Bristol Sport business partner will be part of the renaming.

The Atyeo and Dolman?

You thought about that reply for a long time!

All I know is, calling it Marina Dolman way doesn't sound to me like there is any sort of hidden agenda to dilute our identity - quite the opposite, it is a nod to our heritage.

Worth also pointing out that the women's team has just been renamed Bristol City Women - not Bristol Sport Women.

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

You thought about that reply for a long time!

All I know is, calling it Marina Dolman way doesn't sound to me like there is any sort of hidden agenda to dilute our identity - quite the opposite, it is a nod to our heritage.

Worth also pointing out that the women's team has just been renamed Bristol City Women - not Bristol Sport Women.

No the reply was not thought about for a long time.  It was piqued by a reply in the Q&A.  The dropping of names associated with BCFC, and peoples lifetimes of support is an erosion of identity. It may not be your identity, but it is for many.

Bristol City women ...Well so it should be. BCFC is part of their history.

I'm sure it's covered somewhere but any idea where the statue for John atyeo will be placed once the development is complete? I though a perfect place would be outside the corner or the south/west stand on view for all those flooding through the gates on matchday. 

Any one one in the know on this?

1 hour ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Great to hear nods to our heritage will still remain. I wonder what Harry would make of Bristol Sport, considering the fact he was actually the first to turn Ashton Gate into a multi-sport venue?

Not quite East Yorks.

Bedminster Cricket Club played at Ashton Gate, sharing with the City, until 1912 when they moved to their current home on the Clanage. Maps of the time mark the area as a "football and cricket ground". The ground hosted international rugby matches - both union and league - before the First World War. (Also, Bristol Rugby playing games at         Ashton Gate is not a recent development - they first did so in the 1920s.) And a baseball game between American and Canadian troops was held on the ground in 1918. All well before Mr. Dolman's time! 

1 hour ago, ciderbeans said:

I'm sure it's covered somewhere but any idea where the statue for John atyeo will be placed once the development is complete? I though a perfect place would be outside the corner or the south/west stand on view for all those flooding through the gates on matchday. 

Any one one in the know on this?

Discussions are still being had, but let's say the preferred choice is as you mentioned above, as you come in from Winterstoke Road, on the walk way up to the corner of the South and West stand. 

Archived