IGNORED

Swansea say goodbye to Monk

Never to the dark side

Guest wheatus59
4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Not really Major. Been under pressure for a while.

Will this maybe influence SL to make a move ???

If we do part company with Cotts this season (hopefully not and we stay clear of the drop zone), would Gary Monk be a good fit down here?

I don't see him as a guaranteed bet for another prem club, so coming to a fairly local Championship team could be a decent move for him.

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

If we do part company with Cotts this season (hopefully not and we stay clear of the drop zone), would Gary Monk be a good fit down here?

I don't see him as a guaranteed bet for another prem club, so coming to a fairly local Championship team could be a decent move for him.

Interesting one. Not sure if he's 'proven' enough as someone cynical may argue the foundations were already in place for his achievement at Swansea. 

Wonder what will be next for him? I would be surprised if he gets another prem job yet.

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Never forgot the 7 - 1 defeat!

Strangely though, reckon they could kick on under Sherwood.  He was decent at Spurs and could probably get Gomis firing again.

I mean, to be fair at Aston Villa Benteke and Delph got sold, so they were missing their key players. Sherwood was just unlucky at Villa, methinks.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interesting one. Not sure if he's 'proven' enough as someone cynical may argue the foundations were already in place for his achievement at Swansea. 

Wonder what will be next for him? I would be surprised if he gets another prem job yet.

He strikes me as a type of guy who could consider going abroad.  Perhaps David Moyes has opened the door for British managers to try their hand in Spain.

4 hours ago, wheatus59 said:

Will this maybe influence SL to make a move ???

With the zillions of championship managers who've already been sacked this season if SL was going to be influenced he wouldn't have to wait for a prem boss to get the bullet.

My worry is that he will show faith in SC until it's too late and then all our realistic managerial targets will already have been snapped up.

Don't get me wrong, showing faith in your manager and backing him is admirable. I'm not saying we should sack Cotts, but these days if you are gonna make a change that has time to make a difference it has to be around Nov/Dec.

We haven't done that yet, which is cool. But I'd be disappointed if we continued to struggle and then decided to make a change in Feb/Mar when it's probably too late...

3 hours ago, Super said:

Sherwood has done nothing to warrant another prem league job. He needs to go down the leagues.

He's got a 43% overall win rate as a premier league manager, not too shabby?

He was on the Spurs coaching staff under Harry Redknapp from 2008. He was Technical Director at Spurs in 2012 and led their U21 side to finish top of both the group and elite league stages.

He also played 483 games, winning the premier league as a player along the way, and he played 8 times for England.

A lot of people complain about the lack of opportunities for hone grown young managers. With that CV and track record, I'd give him a chance...

Guest wheatus59
3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With the zillions of championship managers who've already been sacked this season if SL was going to be influenced he wouldn't have to wait for a prem boss to get the bullet.

My worry is that he will show faith in SC until it's too late and then all our realistic managerial targets will already have been snapped up.

Don't get me wrong, showing faith in your manager and backing him is admirable. I'm not saying we should sack Cotts, but these days if you are gonna make a change that has time to make a difference it has to be around Nov/Dec.

We haven't done that yet, which is cool. But I'd be disappointed if we continued to struggle and then decided to make a change in Feb/Mar when it's probably too late...

Well said , my thoughts entirely .

Archived