IGNORED

Anyone play for Highridge Utd FC?

reddogkev

17 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just out of interest, only I took the old man's dog out for a walk and did a quick tour of the pitch.  Even sat in the dug out and barked a few orders at imaginary players...

Couldn't see any pitch markings, so I wondered if it is still in use?

Is your old man's dog red ? Is he ? Red ? 

A Red Setter perhaps ? 

54 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Just out of interest, only I took the old man's dog out for a walk and did a quick tour of the pitch.  Even sat in the dug out and barked a few orders at imaginary players...

Couldn't see any pitch markings, so I wondered if it is still in use?

Yeah they stil use it, 

29 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Yeah they stil use it, 

Good to know.

So if no one here plays for HUT FC, how many have played on their patch?  I used to play there in my teens and got absolutely destroyed a couple of times.

But anyway, not just Highridge, what other locations around South Bristol have you folks played?

I've played on it many a time as i grew up around there.

Me and a bunch of lads (including Angus) would play on it a lot on sunday afternoons and when i was about ten i would sit on my bro's shoulders and hook the nets up along the crossbar.The Brimble family were always involved with Highridge and i think Paul might still be manager or involved?

1 hour ago, St Aldhelms Red said:

Played there a few times, it's a brand new pitch this season. Drink in "The Hut" regularly. The Brimbles aren't involved anymore, but it's still a great club. Not as good as St Aldhelms though!!

As a Bemmy Downer know most of the Highridge lads from school in their heydey, played against them quite a few times. Had to change quick after the game otherwise the away dressing room would open up to form part of the seating for the bar - remember that - and there you were having a pint in yer boxers. Or worse. Or better.

Played 3 games for St A's scored 2 but despite born n bred Headley Lane went back to my old club, I played at some dodgy places but didn't fancy what I could see in the shower tray. (Note singular).

But yes knew a lot of them and a great amateur club, one of the best in Bristol.

Lots of great characters have kept both clubs going over the years.

Best of all they are all mostly City fans.

Played against Highridge a few times years ago, and they were for a little while our rivals but unfortunately for them we went straight from division 4 to division 1 and they only reached division 3. Think we met them in the cup one year and did them about 18-3. Made the next day at school a good 'un! 

Played there a few times in my playing days, always a good game and a tough match. Sadly had my worst day there, doing my knee ligaments on the 2nd game of the season and being out for 9 months. Was never the same again! 

24 minutes ago, Harry said:

Played there a few times in my playing days, always a good game and a tough match. Sadly had my worst day there, doing my knee ligaments on the 2nd game of the season and being out for 9 months. Was never the same again! 

Damn, knew a few people who did that down the years.  How many operations did you have?

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Anyone ever play on Totterdown Ath pitch in Vicky Park, with the one corner being a few feet above the rest of the pitch?

Played there a few times and fractured my cheekbone there.......ouch.

The surgeon told me he would cut behind my ear if possible and hook it back into place and wire it up.If not he would have to cut my cheek and a scar for life.

He managed behind the ear and i'm still a pretty boy ?

6 minutes ago, BobbyC said:

Played there a few times and fractured my cheekbone there.......ouch.

The surgeon told me he would cut behind my ear if possible and hook it back into place and wire it up.If not he would have to cut my cheek and a scar for life.

He managed behind the ear and i'm still a pretty boy ?

EAR EAR!

Remember playing on the Downs after the drought of 1976. Any pitch that was near a tree was pulled out of shape by the tree emptying the ground of water. At the start of the 1976/77 season we played on a pitch where you could just see the crossbar at the other end, from your goal line. People generally think of the Downs as flat, they are not!

Archived