IGNORED

Team against Huddersfield

The Dolman Pragmatist

Does it really matter anymore which players from our depleted and defeated squad are chosen ?  I can't see anyway we will suddenly improve given the above, plus same old formation (undoubtedly worked on by Huddersfield all week), same ineffectiveness of coaching for set pieces, same lack of game management (intelligent use of subs).

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Does it really matter anymore which players from our depleted and defeated squad are chosen ?  I can't see anyway we will suddenly improve given the above, plus same old formation (undoubtedly worked on by Huddersfield all week), same ineffectiveness of coaching for set pieces, same lack of game management (intelligent use of subs).

Unfortunately your right. Every team knows exactly how to set up and how we are going to play and what our weaknesses are because we never change. I'd give Simon Cox a go up front at least, Wilbs is to immobile; Agard hasn't done too badly but he may be more of a goal threat, we will have to score at least 2 to win.

14 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

You're right. Let's just give up now, cancel all the players' contracts, field 0 players and just finish the season on our current points tally.

The answer to Kotsy of what we do has been crystal clear for most of the season

1 Appoint new flexible and modern manager to assess squad and coaching practices

2 Give him the resources for January transfers and loans

Do this and we will finish mid table and then begin building for next season

In answer to Shtanley is that the new stadium isn't City's it's Bristol Sport's and will earn its money from hosting rugby and u 21 soccer internationals, from pop concerts, and from its conference facilities - City sadly are only a tiny part of Bristol Sport's plan (the difference in income generation between Championship and Division 1 is minimal in the great scheme of things).  I wouldn't be surprised to see return of Glos cricket under the lights too.

We have to be realistic. If SL allows us to be relegated because of a refusal to act then we shall definitively know where he really places City in his long term plans.

11 minutes ago, daored said:

Moore will come in for Baker, Williams will play lwb, Pack for Reid. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilbs up front instead of agard

Think your pretty much spot on with that, was very disappointed with Agard last week he got brushed off the ball far to easily cant remember him holding onto the ball for more than 2 seconds!!

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

The answer to Kotsy of what we do has been crystal clear for most of the season

1 Appoint new flexible and modern manager to assess squad and coaching practices

2 Give him the resources for January transfers and loans

Do this and we will finish mid table and then begin building for next season

In answer to Shtanley is that the new stadium isn't City's it's Bristol Sport's and will earn its money from hosting rugby and u 21 soccer internationals, from pop concerts, and from its conference facilities - City sadly are only a tiny part of Bristol Sport's plan (the difference in income generation between Championship and Division 1 is minimal in the great scheme of things).  I wouldn't be surprised to see return of Glos cricket under the lights too.

We have to be realistic. If SL allows us to be relegated because of a refusal to act then we shall definitively know where he really places City in his long term plans.

You've just called football soccer. How can the rest of that be taken seriously?

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Think your pretty much spot on with that, was very disappointed with Agard last week he got brushed off the ball far to easily cant remember him holding onto the ball for more than 2 seconds!!

Imho Agard had done ok ish in his previous games but he was never going to be the answer to our goal scoring problems, give him his due he works hard but he just isn't good enough for championship football.

32 minutes ago, gordie said:

Imho Agard had done ok ish in his previous games but he was never going to be the answer to our goal scoring problems, give him his due he works hard but he just isn't good enough for championship football.

Exactly, and with that in mind, another reason to get rid and upgrade ASAP as long with a few others.

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

City sadly are only a tiny part of Bristol Sport's plan (the difference in income generation between Championship and Division 1 is minimal in the great scheme of things).  I wouldn't be surprised to see return of Glos cricket under the lights too.

Tiny?  Not sure I agree with that.....I accept we aren't 100% by any stretch of the imagination though

4 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Agard worked his usual hard self last week, but frustratingly for me, kept pushing defenders (going nowhere). In the back and conceding unnecessary freekicks.

Team for me:

Fielding; Ayling, Flint, Moore (for Baker); Bennett, Reid, Pack, Smith, Williams (Bryan if not fit); Wilbraham, Kodjia.

Think Bobby deserves a start ahead of Freeman, as he was better last week and has been patient.

Wilbs to come back in....run his proverbially off for 70 minutes and then let Agard replace him.

Moore looked very at home for his sub appearance last week, and I'd stick with a Williams at LWB for an away game.

I'm sure Cotts will do something different!

5 hours ago, daored said:

Moore will come in for Baker, Williams will play lwb, Pack for Reid. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilbs up front instead of agard

Based on last week when Freeman came off I wouldn't be too surprised if Reid stayed in the side and Freeman didn't. Agree about Moore and Wilbraham.

4 hours ago, smokey live said:

is williams fit?

When Cotterill said "one or two" were rated 50/50 for tomorrow he must have been referring to Williams as one of them, as he looked in real discomfort last week. With Baker suspended if he's out too then the back five will pick themselves.

19 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I wonder if Wilbs leaving the team is linked to Kodjia's slightly poorer goal form

Yes, it's funny how players can look good, bad or indifferent individually but as a pair can be a different kettle of fish.  Kodjia only 1/5 since Agard replaced Wilbs, but more importantly in the last few has looked a shadow of himself.  Away from home, I quite like the outball to Wilbs when under pressure.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Wilbs to come back in....run his proverbially off for 70 minutes and then let Agard replace him.

When I said that, I meant knacker himself for 70...and Cotts wait til 88 to replace him!!!

Moore is a natural replacement for Baker. Bryan will come in for Williams. Reid will keep his place with Pack coming straight back and Freeman rightfully being dropped for the first time this season. Wilbs is a certainty to start with Kodjia being benched. Haven't made my mind up yet whether Cox or Agard will start but I suspect Cotts wiil revert to last seasons top partnership. Here's the surprise.......Little may start with Bennett given a well earned rest. There you go. Christ knows whether it will make a difference but here's hoping !      

17 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Moore is a natural replacement for Baker. Bryan will come in for Williams. Reid will keep his place with Pack coming straight back and Freeman rightfully being dropped for the first time this season. Wilbs is a certainty to start with Kodjia being benched. Haven't made my mind up yet whether Cox or Agard will start but I suspect Cotts wiil revert to last seasons top partnership. Here's the surprise.......Little may start with Bennett given a well earned rest. There you go. Christ knows whether it will make a difference but here's hoping !      

My prediction is that you have got most of this wrong !!

54 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

So, to sum up.

You think that Kodjia, Freeman and Bennett will be dropped tomorrow???!!!

Three of our best five players in my opinion (the other two being Korey Smith and Nathan Baker).

Wow! Fair play if you are correct, but I doubt it...

1 hour ago, Shtanley said:

Bryan Pack and Wilbs in for Baker Freeman and Agard. Freeman needs a "rest" as does Agard. I wonder if Wilbs leaving the team is linked to Kodjia's slightly poorer goal form

Freeman wont be rested imo.

i think you assume bobby keeps his place , i hope you are right, but fear you are wrong !

My opinion of Cotts will turn to being negative for the first time if Moore doesn't start tomorrow.  He simply has to play.  It's time for changes in important areas and I'd either move Bennett into Freeman's position and play Little or push Reid forward.  I sense we'd get more out of Kodjia if Reid played that role - he needs little through balls from midfield and these have been lacking with Freeman. Bobby Reid has an eye for this sort of pass and compared to Freeman keeps possession better.  He's a better bet away from home.

I

57 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, to sum up.

You think that Kodjia, Freeman and Bennett will be dropped tomorrow???!!!

Three of our best five players in my opinion (the other two being Korey Smith and Nathan Baker).

Wow! Fair play if you are correct, but I doubt it...

Not quite. IMO Kodjia needs to be rested, he hasn't looked happy the last 3 games and he will be a massive impact player coming off the bench. Freeman needs to be dropped, end of. A couple of games aside, he just hasn't performed all season and looks a shadow of the player he was last season. Bennett I know is a big call but he has been carrying the team for the last 2 games and to me looked jaded at the end against B'burn. Resting him before two 'tougher' games against Derby and QPR isn't as bad a shout as it seems and Little wont let us down. Bryan and Moore are a gimme for Williams and Baker and I am convinced Wilbs will start. It will be a close call between Cox and Agard but I think Agard will start. We have a small but quality squad, lets make use of it !  

32 minutes ago, The Bard said:

It's time for changes in important areas and I'd either move Bennett into Freeman's position and play Little or push Reid forward.  I sense we'd get more out of Kodjia if Reid played that role - he needs little through balls from midfield and these have been lacking with Freeman. Bobby Reid has an eye for this sort of pass and compared to Freeman keeps possession better.  He's a better bet away from home.

I agree.....Middlesborough away, the case in point.

i think the whole squad would get a boost if Bryan was to feature over The December period coupled with a return to form.  Was Middlesborough his last notable performance?

Archived