IGNORED

Snow !

RedLionLad

1 hour ago, daored said:

Huddersfield is my closest game of the season and the forecast for this weekend is heavy snow. None so far, although it has been wet tonight , but bloody cold!!

Where are you mate, I'm Hebden way.

just taken the dog for a walk and it's bloody freezing, no sign of snow though, winds not blowing from the right direction,  soon as it howls off the dales and down to the penines were in for it.

Might give it a miss if it hits, we seem to get  of a lashing at the top of the valley, oh and we will more than likely get  hammered.

Players have got it easy now. The days when matches were played on rock hard frozen pitches are luckily gone. Some games used to be a lottery - e g Everton v City from 1979. One thing is depressingly similar to today. City played well and could easily have won, yet lost heavily. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5ZBmJ3Z2Q

1 hour ago, YorkshireSection said:

just taken the dog for a walk and it's bloody freezing, no sign of snow though, winds not blowing from the right direction,  soon as it howls off the dales and down to the penines were in for it.

Might give it a miss if it hits, we seem to get  of a lashing at the top of the valley, oh and we will more than likely get  hammered.

Hipperholme, so relatively straight forward for me!  Just a little closer than Leeds. 

Not going tomorrow with any expectations!

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

When I read this the Hovis tune is humming in my head....:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Players have got it easy now. The days when matches were played on rock hard frozen pitches are luckily gone. Some games used to be a lottery - e g Everton v City from 1979. One thing is depressingly similar to today. City played well and could easily have won, yet lost heavily. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5ZBmJ3Z2Q

what about away to west brom circ79/80 and there "moonboots"

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

There was a winter, possibly 1963, whereby the snow ****ed it down and a huge pile up of fixtures ensued.

Of course, WWII also took an affect.

1963. We drew with Villa in the FA cup 3rd round in January and played the replay in March.

3 minutes ago, Aizoon said:

1963. We drew with Villa in the FA cup 3rd round in January and played the replay in March.

Nothing like an old timer to fill you in with the details!

I wonder if history will repeat itself and a draw with another West Midlands club will result in a replay in March 2016?

Probably not.

Archived