IGNORED

Aden Flint

GrahamC

That was his 100th league appearance for us today, during which he scored his 19th league goal for us (some ratio for a defender who doesn't take penalties) and saved a certain equaliser with a brilliant bit of defending from their penalty.

Not always found it easy this season but what a superb attitude he has.

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

That was his 100th league appearance for us today, during which he scored his 19th league goal for us (some ratio for a defender who doesn't take penalties) and saved a certain equaliser with a brilliant bit of defending from their penalty.

Not always found it easy this season but what a superb attitude he has.

If I remember , he had a little dodgy spell last year, came through it with flying colours. Lets hope he can keep it up now, we certainly need him to.

Fair play to Flint.  He's had a real up and down time with us.  Struggled initially under SOD, then got injured at Shrewsbury late in 13/14 season, when a number of may have doubted how big a part he'd play for us in 14/15.  Cotts said it was touch and go whether him or Karleigh started last season....what a decision that was.

Hes been up and down again this season...but you can never fault his commitment to the cause.

Always a good morale boost when he scores one.  Love him to bits.

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fair play to Flint.  He's had a real up and down time with us.  Struggled initially under SOD, then got injured at Shrewsbury late in 13/14 season, when a number of may have doubted how big a part he'd play for us in 14/15.  Cotts said it was touch and go whether him or Karleigh started last season....what a decision that was.

Hes been up and down again this season...but you can never fault his commitment to the cause.

Absolutely. My kids love him and he is a player who I will always hold in high regard. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Brentford away, when he put through our own net and went on to have,  what I believe is known as, "a bit of a mare"....I honestly thought he was a Nicky Hunt and would be dropped and never seen again, except on pay days....... so glad we managed to get the real Flint to come out to play.....

6 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Brentford away, when he put through our own net and went on to have,  what I believe is known as, "a bit of a mare"....I honestly thought he was a Nicky Hunt and would be dropped and never seen again, except on pay days....... so glad we managed to get the real Flint to come out to play.....

Beat  me to it. I was directly behind the goal when he did that and the look on his face was full of despair and anger. So glad it came good as he obviously, even then, had the desire for the team.

47 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Hasn't he made almost exactly that same run for virtually every free-kick this season? Most teams are ready for it but presumably the Huddersfield manager hadn't done his homework.

Hope that is a sign that they will struggle for the rest of the season.

He has made that run every game, but I reckon that is at least half a dozen he's got on the end of.  Shame he hasn't been able to make the most of them until today.

As a defender it can be difficult to not get attracted to defending a range between the two posts, and therefore if Flint is disciplined enough to stay deep and Freeman / Pack deliver to said orders, it is likely Flint can get relatively free headers, or at least get the run on his opponent.

Archived