IGNORED

Bristol Manor Farm

JamesBCFC

Won 7-1 today in the FA Vase, they could easily have scored 10. Currently top of their league and in their league cup still. Half price tickets for league games if you show a city season ticket or show a train ticket to sea mills for that day and only £6 if you don't have either. They play some really good football, would be good to see some city fans down their if they can't make our game.

Used to go down for a few years in the nineties as a kid when City were away because my mates dad was involved. Great location to watch football by the river and in my experience back then no Gas about much more City, but then I think Shirehampton and NW Bristol is way more red than blue.

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Used to go down for a few years in the nineties as a kid when City were away because my mates dad was involved. Great location to watch football by the river and in my experience back then no Gas about much more City, but then I think Shirehampton and NW Bristol is way more red than blue.

When I go I see a few gas, but there's just some friendly banter between both fans there. Not sure what the crowds would have been like in the 90s, but when I first started watching manor farm about 10 years ago the crowds were peaking at 80ish but usually between 40-50,  today there was over 130 for a game against a team a division below. 

As the 4th round of the FA vase is still regionalised, farm could draw Hereford, who are getting 4,000 at home games

I used to play against them....got one of my best shiners ever there.  Nothing untoward, just centre forward trying a flick on as I was trying to head it away.

When the tide used to come in, it sometimes used to creep into the bottom corner of the pitch.

Happier memories....we won the Woodcock Shield there for Hengrove School v Portway in 1985.

Used to go down in the early 70's. One of me best mates dad's served behind the bar, my first pints as a 12 year old! Mate was a rabid Tote Ender but decent nevertheless. 

At worst NW Bristol was then a 50/50 split. Certainly, from my recollection in the early 70's the closer you got to the river the greater the density of reds. Indeed, always regarded Shire, Avonmouth, Sea Mills, Larnce Wesson as red strongholds. Think they became more diluted in the 80's and beyond though. In my world, WoT/Henleaze formed the 'front line', so interesting times as a yoof. 

Even back in the 70's The Slags tried to argue that North of the River was blue ... deluded lot. At that time east of the Glos Road maybe. 

Not having lived in Bristol for approaching 40 years would be interested to hear how the divide in NW Bristol has evolved over the last few decades from those residing in the area. 

Reminds me of the time on this ground, in a Sunday League match against Robin Hood Retreat, I  received a right clout on the knee from a decent player who will remain nameless but who played rugby on a Saturday. BRI for a few hours in the afternoon and I'm sure my girlfriend at the time did not believe me when I phoned her and said i couldn't make it that Sunday night. Off to London to work next day where I had to go to the Mayday Hospital in Croydon for  treatment over the next three weeks because BRI had screwed it up. Still got the scar.

Have bumped into an ex BMF goalkeeper at BCFC 21 Development games who is scouting for Millwall in the South West.

11 hours ago, redysteadygo said:

Reminds me of the time on this ground, in a Sunday League match against Robin Hood Retreat, I  received a right clout on the knee from a decent player who will remain nameless but who played rugby on a Saturday. BRI for a few hours in the afternoon and I'm sure my girlfriend at the time did not believe me when I phoned her and said i couldn't make it that Sunday night. Off to London to work next day where I had to go to the Mayday Hospital in Croydon for  treatment over the next three weeks because BRI had screwed it up. Still got the scar.

Have bumped into an ex BMF goalkeeper at BCFC 21 Development games who is scouting for Millwall in the South West.

That Must be 'The cat,' Graham Bird

20 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Not having lived in Bristol for approaching 40 years would be interested to hear how the divide in NW Bristol has evolved over the last few decades from those residing in the area. 

Obviously I can only speak from my own personal observations however...Sea Mills seems to have a mix of both, Avonmouth seems to be more Gas but Shire is regarded by Gasheads I know as very much a City area. Lawrence Weston seems to be more City than Rovers. As I say, nothing scientific about this and others may disagree.

I used to take my boy to football training on Fridays in Lawrence Weston, there were a few kids who would wear City shirts, no Gasheads at all and the rest were Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpoool 'fans'. 

Farm have been drawn away at either Moneyfields or Brimscombe & Thrupp in the FA Vase 4th round. Reasonable chance at progressing to the next round there, although with the 4th round being the last regionalised round, I'd have liked them to have got Salisbury or Hereford instead. Having said that, avoiding the better teams increases the admittedly slim chances of getting to Wembley.

The 4th round is on the 9th of Jan, so the same day as the City vs West Brom game

Archived