IGNORED

Team for Derby

old_eastender

Would make sense to have a left footer at LCB. But who do you drop. I wasn't there but have seen reports that Moore had a good game.

Would be tempted to bench Ayling and put Baker in BUT that would send the wrong signal after the stupid way he got banned.

So overall I would lean towards sticking with the same starting eleven.

2 minutes ago, daored said:

Long term I would like to see a back three of Moore, Baker and Flint. Tough on Ayling but I do think would make us stronger as a three.

However, for Derby for me the same starting 11. 

We could move him into midfield - I`ve always fancied seeing him there TBH. I presume you see Del`s long term future as LWB with JB as more of an out and out LW/LM?

14 minutes ago, daored said:

Long term I would like to see a back three of Moore, Baker and Flint. Tough on Ayling but I do think would make us stronger as a three.

I think most of us imagined that's what it would be after we signed them both. The problem is there is no long term because Moore is here for maybe 5 more league games. Will his loan deal be extended? He hasn't played very much so it's no sure thing. 

It will be important to rotate over the next 3 week I think but I also thought some rotation was due months ago. I'd stick with what we had against Huddersfield. I'd give them one more go after picking up the 3 points.

Only thing is, Derby is as strong a side going forward as we will see. Setting up with our best defenders could be wise. That would be the back 5 that started against Blackburn. Could drop Ayling for Moore but I don't mind Ayling if we are set up to defend. It's when he's up the pitch that his defending goes south and he can make that one dribble to relieve some pressure. 

I don't get the fever for dropping players here. Joe Bryan was outstanding defensively yesterday, making Scannell look ordinary. Joe only managed a couple of attacks himself, but haven't we been complaining that the wingbacks have been a weakness in our defence? Not yesterday, and we will need strength there at Derby. As for Ayling, OK he gave the ref a decision to make for the penalty, which was naive, but generally was sound. Coming forward he showed one bit of footwork in the second half that would have pleased Cristiano Ronaldo.  Obviously Derby will be a different challenge, but the players who did the job yesterday will have their tails up, so why change?  P.S. Wilbs must start - we looked much better with him winning balls in the air. 

36 minutes ago, daored said:

Can't be that long term.. We only have about 4 more games with Moore before he goes back. Wonder if we can/will extend the loan?

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Can't be that long term.. We only have about 4 more games with Moore before he goes back. Wonder if we can/will extend the loan?

Hope so. He looks OK and if nothing else, it will save us spending time and energy on trying to get someone else in for that position, resources that could be better used elsewhere.

Said before but Wilbs and Kod are better than Agard/Kod because Wilbs takes a lot of the weight of the opposing defenders off Kod and is much stronger than Agard who with Cox are our subs, simple.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Cotts will probably go with same starting XI....but will have a real decision re Baker.

Thats what he's paid to do.

We don't know if any picked up knocks.

I hate these double away games, can't wait for QPR.

Exactly...We do not know who picked up a knock if anyone!

However dropping Ayling as above, I would say was more than harsh (I am being polite). I would definitely play Moore before Baker for no other reason than team spirit.

Otherwise SC has set out his stall with Wilbo and Codge, Williams is likely to not be fit either so Joe gets another go....therefore all things being equal to Saturday morning same 11, Baker on the Bench, probably!

50 minutes ago, Super said:

It's a tough one with Wilbs, he clearly can't do 3 games in a week so would be tempted to leave him out and look at the more winnable game on Saturday.

It is a toughie for sure. I don`t suppose Derby will be as physical as Huddersfield but I still think Wilbs should start if possible. It`ll be up to the player possibly?

I think simply put unless we replace him now it would be pointless to replace him this season at all. I'm not saying sack him now but we have four games left before January, if we were going to bring in a new manager he'd need January to make the changes needed and he'd also need time to judge the players we currently have, that would take at least a month to make a good assessment and bring in what's needed.
I think at this point Cotts has to be given the rest of the season, however if he fails to bring any real strength and depth in January I honestly think we need to identify why we cannot bring players in, if the reason falls on Cotts and not just our financial strength (or lack of with wages) then he needs to go. If the blame falls with the board or other backroom staff then they need to go, either way change is needed as the last transfer window is largely to blame with our current situation.

On 13/12/2015 at 11:12, daored said:

I'd rather see a back 3 of Moore, Baker and Ayling personally. Think Baker is a better version of Flint and Ayling has a lot more to his game. Can not for 1 minute understand the criticism Ayling gets on here. He's probably made as many mistakes this season as the rest of the defence but also adds so much more drive and creativity to the team than any of them. 

33 minutes ago, sodburyred said:

I'd rather see a back 3 of Moore, Baker and Ayling personally. Think Baker is a better version of Flint and Ayling has a lot more to his game. Can not for 1 minute understand the criticism Ayling gets on here. He's probably made as many mistakes this season as the rest of the defence but also adds so much more drive and creativity to the team than any of them. 

This. Why can't we have Moore Ayling Baker? Especially when we play teams with 2 up top so not necessarily tonight...

Ayling is a ball playing defender... He can bring the ball out where as Flint isn't and can't! I don't understand why Flint can't be dropped. 

Archived