IGNORED

PNE

slartibartfast

6 minutes ago, cynic said:

Whilst Bryan lost form and we had to play Williams as a wing back (he's done well tbf).

Not the best decision SC has made.

Nope, I'd say it is looking a good decision, potentially. If JB can get his form back he's demonstrated our squad could cope without GC on the payroll and adds some valuable experience and familiarity for Williams in a new role. As GC had no long term future here glad Williams was the preferred back up. 

Hi all - Preston fan here 

Ten games ago we where bottom of the league so our form really has improved dramatically the notable results being away draws at QPR/Brighton and the win at Burnley , we are solid and have been pretty much all season ( conceded 16 ) and only 3 in the last 10 games , one a Pen , one an OG and one a free kick so we have been built on a solid foundation and thats been more impressive with Wright having been suspended for 4 games and Huntington and Clarke out main stays from last season also missing during this run - Cunningham has been superb and a real addition so far , our keeper Pickford has been worth 6/ 7 points this season and is the best keeper Ive ever seen wear the shirt in my 40 + years he's that good and Im sure will be a Prem keeper for many years to come with his parent club Sunderland or elsewhere 

We have been pretty dire to watch for large chunks of the season but the last 3/4 games we have actually played some attacking creative football and 3-0/4-0 wouldn't have flattered us on Saturday against a dreadful Reading side ( as bad as anything I saw last season in League One ) ... , 4th bottom is our only aim this season and Im sure we will have another poor run at some stage but after our start to see us on 24 points and 1 defeat in 10 games long may that continue , I have no doubt having seen City play we will both stay up this season and finish quite close in the table ( 14th to 20th my guess ) as there are way worse sides than the pair of us and on your day you can give any side in this division a real test , the fact we don't concede many will stand us in good stead hopefully

All the best as always

Mortis

Sounds like Pickford has been impressive indeed. I think I read in a Sunday paper that Sunderland were planning to recall him. Is that a possibility? 

That GC spent two years in League One as our reserve always surprised me. He's a classy player. 

8 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Sounds like Pickford has been impressive indeed. I think I read in a Sunday paper that Sunderland were planning to recalin him. Is that a possibility? 

That GC spent two years in League One as our reserve always surprised me. He's a classy player. 

Cunningham didnt fit Into the 352 very well for us. However I thought he was always a good player for us and maybe suits the Championship more than L1 as before he got INjured at Peterborough that time he was class for us.

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Cunningham didnt fit Into the 352 very well for us. However I thought he was always a good player for us and maybe suits the Championship more than L1 as before he got INjured at Peterborough that time he was class for us.

Oh absolutely. I couldn't believe that he didn't sign for a Championship club upon our relegation, and then as time grew he became a forgotten man.

Hi Davefevs

Garner is Garner - hated by everyone barring us ( and for obvious reasons :) ) and actually has played ok all season , the lack of an early goal and the suspension didn't help and he was isolated in most games so no wonder his goal return was/is poor 

Last night we got mullered in the second half and had it not been for Pickford and a couple of misses Brum would have got three points , our goal difference of 0 is worth a point alone this season and even when we don't play well e.g. last night we seem able to nick a point here and there which is never a bad thing

Mortis

Archived