IGNORED

Derby forum

Coombsy

Posted 2 hours ago
                   Grant

Christie Keogh Shackell Warnock

Hendrick Thorne Butterfield

Ince         Martin  Russell   

Johnson was poor against Brighton and failed to link up play with Martin and Hendrick will try and take his opportunity to cement his place in the first team.

They've got some dangerous players like Kojida, but they have been awful defensively and hopefully it should be a comfortable win.

mozza
You can't improve perfection..

Members +
12,494 posts
Posted 1 hour ago
S'pose we're gonna upset these wurzels now . Who are Brisol , anyway ?
AndyinLiverpool

Members +
3,976 posts
Posted 1 hour ago
  1 hour ago, mozza said:

One of a pair
eddie
TAKE FIVE will return next season in simpler form

Members +
17,566 posts
Posted 1 hour ago

I remember a nice 2-0 win away a few years ago, Stead and a Skuuuuse belter. Was a terrifically enjoyable game James Wilson had the kind of performance that made you think you were watching a future regular. I went to Brighton away and we really should've won, why can't we win this one.

Just now, Chivs said:

If Warnock plays, I think we should boo him all night long.

Mind you, I thought he was a bit old for the winger role....

OK, got their team upside down (who are Derby anyway?).  I see Warnock is at left back which should suit his advancing years.

I expect Spurs fans said the same v Newcastle,

Dear Derby,

Our rabble are honoured to be playing on the same pitch as you, please go easy on us. I hope we will learn something from the game.....you may as well....:shifty:

Positions reversed, it is a game we would be expecting to win by a couple. Give them the same number of chances Huddersfield had against us and I would expect them to.

Nonetheless, the FA seem to want the game played rather than just give them a walk over. Its football. Stuff happens. Maybe it will our turn to smack one in from thirty yards and get a penalty!

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Positions reversed, it is a game we would be expecting to win by a couple. Give them the same number of chances Huddersfield had against us and I would expect them to.

Nonetheless, the FA seem to want the game played rather than just give them a walk over. Its football. Stuff happens. Maybe it will our turn to smack one in from thirty yards and get a penalty!

We don't have anyone that shoots from 30 yards let alone score :thumbsup:

55 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I remember a nice 2-0 win away a few years ago, Stead and a Skuuuuse belter. Was a terrifically enjoyable game James Wilson had the kind of performance that made you think you were watching a future regular. I went to Brighton away and we really should've won, why can't we win this one.

I went to that, went on my own as well, remember the Derby fans were really pleasant as well that day. Robbie Savage's last home game, got booked as only he did! Great day!

1 minute ago, Coombsy said:

Derby fans are convinced they'll beat us 5-0.

Pretty sure Boro fans also said the same thing...

2 sets of arrogant fans, hope neither go up.
 Like this

Disagree. Think they have every right to be confident bit like us last season against teams like Crawley we were confident we could win easily.
Actually hope they both go up, two decent clubs and actually found Brighton's fans to be amongst the most arrogant when they beat us 2-1 in October.

40 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Derby fans are convinced they'll beat us 5-0.

Pretty sure Boro fans also said the same thing...

2 sets of arrogant fans, hope neither go up.
 Like this

Both have spent significant sums this season, that non-promotion could have repercussions!

Have nothing against either side....but hope it's a case of City raising their game and taking advantage of a team who will expect to beat us comfortably.  I think it's the comfortably bit that grates.  No game us comfortable in thus division.

There is only one way we will get a penalty given to us this season.

We hire a hit squad who will kidnap the referees wife/partner, kids, parents and keep them locked up with half a dozen Kalashnikov's that will be used immediately the final whistle blows and we have not been given and scored at least two penalties!

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

There is only one way we will get a penalty given to us this season.

We hire a hit squad who will kidnap the referees wife/partner, kids, parents and keep them locked up with half a dozen Kalashnikov's that will be used immediately the final whistle blows and we have not been given and scored at least two penalties!

And the opposition have not been given, and scored, at least four.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I was there . What a game . That's entertainment .

Didn't get to the game but remember watching it live, West Match Plus I think. We were on for an absolute battering until their keeper got sent off thankfully!

19 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Members +
12,494 posts
Posted 1 hour ago
AndyinLiverpool

I can enlighten this "member":

"Bristol are a rugby club based in the city of Bristol. You may have heard of Bristol - it's about three times the side of Derby and is about a million times nicer."

I understand the expectation that we will be beaten in this game, but our results so far against the current top seven give cause for optimisim I believe:-

1. Brighton - LOST (AWAY) - but a narrow loss, and we played well and created chances, were denied a definite penalty and might have won.

2. Boro - WON (AWAY)

3. Hull - DREW (HOME)

4. Derby

5. Burnley - LOST (HOME) - Burnley probably the better side, but again another game in which we created chances and may have got a result on another occasion.

6. Ipswich - DREW (AWAY)

7. Cardiff - DREW (AWAY) - A game we dominated, played really well and should have won.

I am not claiming we will go to Derby and win, and the failure to take chances is a recurring theme I know, but that's not a horrendous return against the better sides in this division.

Mr Tibbs

Members
2,155 posts
Posted 3 hours ago
That thread on the Bristol site is a funny read, amazing how defensive and ignorant football fans can be at times. 

Wrong end. Stick. 
Cam the Ram

Members
3,048 posts
Posted 3 hours ago
  3 hours ago, SaintRam said:
It's easy to miss when you come from a part of the world that doesn't pronounce its T's :laugh: 

I think the Bristolian accent is probably my favourite along side the Irish. I can't imagine someone with a very strong Bristolian accent trying to threaten/argue with someone, it must be brilliant.
SaintRam likes this
Anag Ram

Members +
1,832 posts
Posted 3 hours ago
As a Bristolian rams fan I must advise that iffer can't wind yer neck in  I'll givee a fick ear!

13 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Derby_EnglandLoyal
Flag owner :-)

Members
7,387 posts
Posted 3 hours ago
Bless little Bristol. Rovers fans are better than them anyway. 

Oh, the delusions of grandeur from a club that haven't been in a force for decades....

19 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Derby_EnglandLoyal
Flag owner :-)

Members
7,387 posts
Posted 3 hours ago
Bless little Bristol. Rovers fans are better than them anyway. 

Pathetic Insult and as I See them coming out with Low Insults like thatthen we may aswell say Chesterfield fans are better supporters than them!

Anyway how do you really define 'better' fans? If they are going on home support then Rovers over the past 60 years dont even have a leg to stand on against us. 

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Pathetic Insult and as I See them coming out with Low Insults like thatthen we may aswell say Chesterfield fans are better supporters than them!

Anyway how do you really define 'better' fans? If they are going on home support then Rovers over the past 60 years dont even have a leg to stand on against us. 

Hate to think what they think of their main rivals Forest who are more successful than Derby in every way imaginable.

mozza
You can't improve perfection..

Members +
12,502 posts
Posted 4 hours ago
Anyway , any Bristol fan lurkers out there , sign up and have a chat ..

i quite like the place , but it's a b*st*rd to get through on my way to Devon tho ..

ooh ahh, ooh ahh , anorl that ..

Guest cider city red 81

Think I Saw on some site that apparently Derby pay over 30% of their fans to go to watch them for free to make up for loads of their older fans who now follow Forest 

2 minutes ago, cider city red 81 said:

Think I Saw on some site that apparently Derby pay over 30% of their fans to go to watch them for free to make up for loads of their older fans who now follow Forest 

Derbys away following has always been poor considering their home attendances so it does make sense.

Guest cider city red 81
6 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Derbys away following has always been poor considering their home attendances so it does make sense.

Can't guarantee true but my mate apparently used to get a tenner if he went to a derby game and 50 quid if he took 5 mates, all with free tickets. Apparently they stopped it for one week a few years ago and only got about 4,000 at home. He is a forest fan but was desperate for the cash 

1 hour ago, cider city red 81 said:

Are we seriously supposed to believe that?

30% of their fans is around 10,000 people. With that many people, if this was true this would be widely known, not some internet rumour. Apart from anything else it wouldn't be financially sustainable. Not to mention the problem of how you would get the other two thirds to pay.

Guest stevieram
1 hour ago, cider city red 81 said:

"Can't guarantee true but my mate apparently used to get a tenner if he went to a derby game and 50 quid if he took 5 mates, all with free tickets. Apparently they stopped it for one week a few years ago and only got about 4,000 at home. He is a forest fan but was desperate for the cash"

Firstly, Rams supporter here just finding out the general feeling from you guys before tomorrows game. Great forum btw, more lively than many I've viewed.

BUT, you can discount this ridiculous notion that we "pay" fans to watch games - absolutely ridiculous. (btw we have NEVER had just 4k to a home game), this was an old rumour put about by forest fans to explain why we have so many more supporters than they do. Since we have over 23k season ticket holders, and allocate around 2 - 3.5k to away support the maths just doesn't add up. Derby offer no more complimentary tickets than any other club, the season ticket holders would go ape if we did!

Anyhow, not all Derby fans think it's going to be a walkover tomorrow, you have had some decent results against the "so-called" big boys in this division, and the championship is the kind of league where anybody can beat anybody on the day. We've not been clicking just lately and I reckon it will be a tight affair, maybe us just shading it by the odd goal in 3. Always had a soft spot for Bristol city, and used to be in the club social club to get a drink before the game when we played you - mind you, that was a few more years ago than I'd care to remember!  ;-) 

Enjoy the game guys, I'm pretty sure you'll be further up the table by the time we play again

Guest James_DCFC
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are we seriously supposed to believe that?

30% of their fans is around 10,000 people. With that many people, if this was true this would be widely known, not some internet rumour. Apart from anything else it wouldn't be financially sustainable. Not to mention the problem of how you would get the other two thirds to pay.

I wish we did.

But instead I'll have to make do with my free hot drink at half time tomorrow.

3 hours ago, cider city red 81 said:

Really??! A club paying fans to attend and others switching allegiance to deadly rivals?! Just can't believe that...

Or am I gonna get a 'whoosh'?!

Dunno about this paying people to watch but most games there will be tickets for sale for about a tenner through a local paper promo. I work up Derby and our company gets regular mail shots from them offering tickets for £10-15 . I have taken up the offer on numerous occasions but tomorrow I will be with fellow reds and hoping to go into work with a nice smug grin Wednesday morning.

3 hours ago, cider city red 81 said:

Can't guarantee true but my mate apparently used to get a tenner if he went to a derby game and 50 quid if he took 5 mates, all with free tickets. Apparently they stopped it for one week a few years ago and only got about 4,000 at home. He is a forest fan but was desperate for the cash 

image.jpeg

I can't bring myself to dislike Derby, never quite got Forest. Went out with a Notts girl when I was younger, all her family were Forest, so I used to go to Derby with her brother in law whenever I got the chance just to wind her lot up. And it worked

As for their forum, I remember a discussion on here years ago when some described Shrewsbury, Gillingham, Chesterfield etc as 'footballing backwaters', hate that. Unless we're talking about the Gash, then it's fine. I'm not surprised they think they'll win, we were the same last year

Slightly off topic - but the discussion about bringing back the Robin on the other thread, Derby have got a proper badge. See the ram, you know it's Derby. Timeless

Archived