IGNORED

when are you to old?

stephenkibby.

Why should we grow out of things that upset us when we were five?

When you're five you don't have to pay bills or take responsibility for very much. I mourn for the days of being a child, football is one of the few features of life that I'm still entitled to as I was when I was a kid.  

That and tits.

6 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

When you're five you don't have to pay bills or take responsibility for very much. I mourn for the days of being a child, football is one of the few features of life that I'm still entitled to as I was when I was a kid.  

That and tits.

You get both at City ! 

Psychologists believe that time appears to pass more quickly as you get older. Scientists have also proved that time passes quicker at higher altitudes. (For every 12 inches of elevation, 90 billionth of a second is added to your life over an 80 year period). So get a season ticket at the top of the new Williams upper tier, and each year as you age, the agony of watching City will pass more quickly. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

When do you grow up and not give a f..k about the city?

iv been lucky enough to reach 60 this year and the city still piss me off.

I used to be at a stage where if we lost it literally ruined my weekend !

I would get so frustrated at the football that I was bordering on extreme anger

Nowadays I sit back and watch younger fans go through this suffering, whilst I sit back and think we have all been here before !

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Nowadays I sit back and watch younger fans go through this suffering, whilst I sit back and think we have all been here before !

I am also grown up now but I still feel the pain . It's absurd but there it is .

16 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I was talking to an old boy at the last game who was telling me he was 91 years old and in his 85th season supporting the reds. He can remember Guy and all the 30s team, so I guess some people never get too old.

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Yes but it still hurts like hell. The big difference now is that us older ones have fewer expectations than the kids.

But they will learn from bitter experience like we had to.

Here's a little story that sums up life as a City fan.

Easter Saturday 1960 at home to Huddersfield and gues what? We were fighting the annual relegation battle. We had beaten Ipswich away on Good Friday so high hopes we could escape.

1-1 with two minutes to go and Big John Atyeo scores with a header at the Covered End. 2-1.

60 seconds later we have lost 2-3 because Jack Connor, who signed for City in the subsequent season, scored twice in a minute.

We got relegated!

6 hours ago, phantom said:

This is it!

I still get very animated at matches. None of my passion has gone. 

I just done chew on my spleen and blame everyone in sight that things aren't going how I think they should be.

I really don't want to watch Div 1 football again so soon but heyho, it's not gonna be the end of my love affair if I do.

I don`t know how you can stop caring TBH. For most of us it`s been a major, sometimes the only, constant in our lives. Compare it to how many jobs, cars, relationships, homes you`ve all had and I suspect your unswerving devotion to BCFC is the only thing that hasn`t changed in that time.

Even last night doesn`t make it any different, we`ve all had worse (Northampton away under TC anyone?) and will again.

One thing`s for sure, I`d rather be a City fan than `support` one of the big clubs where the only uncertainty when the season starts is where in the top four you're going to finish (Chelsea this season is just a blip).

Danny Baker once said that he`d sooner Millwall were involved in a relegation battle every other year rather than just sitting comfortably mid table season after season with no excitement to be had.

That feeling of despondency that we all had after last night`s match is something you will never experience as a Man Utd fan. It`s part of what makes us who we are and makes us feel part of a greater thing. When you feel like that you know there are thousands of fellow reds all over the world feeling the same and in a strange sort of way, I get a bit of a buzz from that.

I`ll stop caring when they put me in a box and not before.

14 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Yes but it still hurts like hell. The big difference now is that us older ones have fewer expectations than the kids.

Easter Saturday 1960 at home to Huddersfield and gues what? We were fighting the annual relegation battle. We had beaten Ipswich away on Good Friday so high hopes we could escape.

1-1 with two minutes to go and Big John Atyeo scores with a header at the Covered End. 2-1.

60 seconds later we have lost 2-3 because Jack Connor, who signed for City in the subsequent season, scored twice in a minute.

We got relegated!

That was one of the first times I watched city and I was in crackers corner!!!!Brings back some memories and I was still in the R.Navy

40 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t know how you can stop caring TBH. For most of us it`s been a major, sometimes the only, constant in our lives.

Even last night doesn`t make it any different, we`ve all had worse (Northampton away under TC anyone?) and will again.

I`ll stop caring when they put me in a box and not before.

I was at Northampton. When Glyn Riley scored at 0-5, I stood up and cheered very loudly, only to be told by my wife to sit down and shu up.

I only hope that when they put me in the box and screw down the lid, that I am actually brown bread!

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

We got relegated!

I too was at that game. Remember the score but not in the detail you do!

It's now been 34 years since I first attended Ashton Gate as a 7 year old and it's not become any less of an emotional rollercoaster. After a defeat I still find it difficult to look at the results or watch Match of the Day. The pain of some defeats, even from a long time ago, still feels raw. I still find it difficult to mention players like David Kelly without grimacing. I was only able to forgive Mansfield for beating us at Wembley once Sir Colin Daniel put the horse punchers in the non-league. I get more nervous during games now than I used to when I was younger.

There have been moments that still give me a warm glow - Wembley in 86; beating Chelsea in 89; Donowa's last minute winner; 1-0 at Anfield; 5-4 at Mansfield; loads of moments last season, especially my kids squealing with delight when I let them go on the pitch after the Coventry game and then 8-2 against Walsall.

I don't think I'm going to grow out of it. Not sure it's going to do my health very good, though.

23 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I was prostrated at 20, when they let me down (again).

Now, after the initial fury, I settle down to what the ****?..I,m 50 by the way. There's way too many shithouse scenarios that are worse than my team losing. Still racks I off though!

I may have missed a similar sentiment (but couldn't be bothered to read every post) I take you weren't feeling this way very often last season..?

Its football. If you haven't grasped that by the age of 60 then the problem isn't the game or the club that we support. 

On 16/12/2015 at 00:22, WTFiGO!?! said:

That and tits.

Wise words......Pilkingtonesque...

Archived