Please Cots

Langford Red

15 minutes ago, Bicester Red said:

Please Cots don't play Agard v QPR

He is terrible

A low league player

Runs his heart out but achieves nothing

Its got to be Wilbs and Kodjia

I'd play Wes rather than Agard. Got great pace and ability that needs to develop by getting some playing time.

5 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Well Cox has been a monumental waste of money and agree would rather see Wes Burns or that lad get a little game time than Cox.

For the record, I'm surprised Cox hasn't been involved more. 

However, how do you know what he's cost us and please, post your training ground reports that justify his inclusion in the starting 11. 

I assume you have watched him in training and aren't basing his need for inclusion on something you know very little about..? 

2 hours ago, Bourne End Red said:

Especially as cotts raved about how good burns was when he first came here and couldn't understand how he wasn't in the team/squad.

I like Wes ,  but I think his problem at the moment is what he does without the ball not with it. Granted he is in the Wales squad and good luck to the lad.

2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Agard has about 30+ league goals in the last few seasons wes has about 2

Not sure what this statement proves. Agard is older and has played a lot more games than Burns, plus Burns, if he does come on, plays a wide role usually. He's a somewhat raw but talented developing player with a lot of pace. He needs to be given a chance to prove himself  as a striker IMO.  Agard is not making much impact this season, why not give Wes a chance?

20 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

For the record, I'm surprised Cox hasn't been involved more. 

However, how do you know what he's cost us and please, post your training ground reports that justify his inclusion in the starting 11. 

I assume you have watched him in training and aren't basing his need for inclusion on something you know very little about..? 

In Old Eastender's defence he didn't once say in his post (that you quoted) that he thought Cox should be included in the starting eleven. He didn't express a 'need for Cox's inclusion' - he just said he'd rather see Wes 'or the other lad' play.

Not sure how you interpreted his post as demanding Cox's inclusion, it seemed the opposite to me...

10 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Not sure what this statement proves. Agard is older and has played a lot more games than Burns, plus Burns, if he does come on, plays a wide role usually. He's a somewhat raw but talented developing player with a lot of pace. He needs to be given a chance to prove himself  as a striker IMO.  Agard is not making much impact this season, why not give Wes a chance?

Wes has played probably just as much as Agard. Couple of games each.

its not unusual when in search of goals we turn to those that have scored before, if Agard was Welsh he'd be an international too. 

I don't deny he could come good but Burns has been a "raw talent" for a few seasons now, time's running out. 

4 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Wes has played probably just as much as Agard. Couple of games each.

its not unusual when in search of goals we turn to those that have scored before, if Agard was Welsh he'd be an international too. 

I don't deny he could come good but Burns has been a "raw talent" for a few seasons now, time's running out. 

Time is running out? Every time wes has played for us this season he has either changed the game or shown a fair bit more than the player he has replaced!! I wouldn't write wes off, I can't understand how people can constantly give the same rubbish game time, while players like wes ain't even in the squad!! 

2 hours ago, TomBCFCUK said:

Time is running out? Every time wes has played for us this season he has either changed the game or shown a fair bit more than the player he has replaced!! I wouldn't write wes off, I can't understand how people can constantly give the same rubbish game time, while players like wes ain't even in the squad!! 

Perhaps Steve C knows a little more about Wes than you or I; perhaps he knows in training that the lad tires or is ineffective over the course of 90 minutes compared to other more regular first teamers.. there is a whole host of aspects to this argument. Maybe somebody, who goes to watch training every week, can give us a more clear insight then we will understand why Wes is not making it in the first team thus far.

23 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Wes has only played twice

And has scored significantly more than two goals in the last twelve months for clubs and country 

in 11 games he ended up being cheltenhams top scorer and from the wing ! On crap pitches in a weak team

Look i dont want to argue the case for wes over agard, thats not my job, but when posting you expect the facts not some random numbers to back up an opinion.

have the opinion by all means , but when quoting stats, do the research first.

wes does scores goals , but only when he plays, club, country, u21,  check it out

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In Old Eastender's defence he didn't once say in his post (that you quoted) that he thought Cox should be included in the starting eleven. He didn't express a 'need for Cox's inclusion' - he just said he'd rather see Wes 'or the other lad' play.

Not sure how you interpreted his post as demanding Cox's inclusion, it seemed the opposite to me...

absolutely right... in the limited game time Wes has had over the last year he has looked good to me, I would have thought with his pace and aerial ability he makes a good impact sub and should be used more often.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

True, my mistake. Sorry, I'd had a few..! 

5 hours ago, TomBCFCUK said:

I hear what you are saying he's been quite direct and had an impact when he come on earlier in the season. 

In Cotts defence he does give young players a chance, the whole squad is pretty young, bar Wilbs. He obviously doesn't do enough in training to warrant a start.

15 hours ago, djb6162 said:

And has scored significantly more than two goals in the last twelve months for clubs and country 

in 11 games he ended up being cheltenhams top scorer and from the wing ! On crap pitches in a weak team

Look i dont want to argue the case for wes over agard, thats not my job, but when posting you expect the facts not some random numbers to back up an opinion.

have the opinion by all means , but when quoting stats, do the research first.

wes does scores goals , but only when he plays, club, country, u21,  check it out

Yes I know I am agreeing with you we lack width going forward got to try something different

On 16/12/2015 at 16:47, Frenchay Red said:

I'd play Wes rather than Agard. Got great pace and ability that needs to develop by getting some playing time.

So right...why give a player that is alarmingly out of his depth game time when that time could be spent to so much better use.utilise,don't waste...

On 17/12/2015 at 06:53, havanatopia said:

Perhaps Steve C knows a little more about Wes than you or I; perhaps he knows in training that the lad tires or is ineffective over the course of 90 minutes compared to other more regular first teamers.. there is a whole host of aspects to this argument. Maybe somebody, who goes to watch training every week, can give us a more clear insight then we will understand why Wes is not making it in the first team thus far.

Or maybe Cotts has a tendency to be a stubborn, fickle so n so who at times just plain refuses to see what's right there staring him in the face-for whatever reasons.......

Archived