IGNORED

We are in good company

OldlandReddies

Over the last 8 games Bolton, Rotherham, Charlton, MK Dons, Huddersfield, Fulham, Reading and Birmingham have accumulated the same or less points than us. That's a third of the division who have been 'as bad' as us or worse over that period. QPR who visit the Gate on Saturday have picked up just 1 more point than us out of the last 24 and boast one of the worst away records in the division. We are not alone. 

Save for Reading and Brum, the rest are looking at the very real possibility of relegation so I wouldn't say that's a particularly enlightening stat!

Another way of putting that stat is 'only 8 teams have been as bad or worse than us' and considering three go down, that's equally concerning. 

Was this somehow meant to make us feel better?!

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Save for Reading and Brum, the rest are looking at the very real possibility of relegation so I wouldn't say that's a particularly enlightening stat!

Another way of putting that stat is 'only 8 teams have been as bad or worse than us' and considering three go down, that's equally concerning. 

Was this somehow meant to make us feel better?!

I felt slightly better for reading that stat actually. Seems to , at this point, give us a better chance of staying up than not.

23 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Over the last 8 games Bolton, Rotherham, Charlton, MK Dons, Huddersfield, Fulham, Reading and Birmingham have accumulated the same or less points than us. That's a third of the division who have been 'as bad' as us or worse over that period. QPR who visit the Gate on Saturday have picked up just 1 more point than us out of the last 24 and boast one of the worst away records in the division. We are not alone. 

Interesting, but what is the trend for these clubs? Are they getting better or worse? Is there any consistency? Have they had a full squad or lots of injuries? What teams have they played?  Have they got any chance of bringing in new players in January. Has there been a recent change of manager who may improve performance? Have they got a manager who states that the team is a bunch of no hopers who lack belief? Etc. 

Stats in isolation often give a false impression. The full picture must be considered. 

39 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Interesting, but what is the trend for these clubs? Are they getting better or worse? Is there any consistency? Have they had a full squad or lots of injuries? What teams have they played?  Have they got any chance of bringing in new players in January. Has there been a recent change of manager who may improve performance? Have they got a manager who states that the team is a bunch of no hopers who lack belief? Etc. 

Stats in isolation often give a false impression. The full picture must be considered. 

Indeed. Unfortunately for us the season is 46 games and not 8...

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

But they have the best striker in the league by a distance worrying considering we couldn't deal with Ince.

2 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

We made Fulham and Reading look like world beaters, I think that Reading have lost every away game since and Fulham haven't done much better, add Rotherham to that list, and MK second half makes it all a little worrying, personally I think we are in deep trouble and our survival at this level depends entirely on the transfer window 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

We made Fulham and Reading look like world beaters, I think that Reading have lost every away game since and Fulham haven't done much better, add Rotherham to that list, and MK second half makes it all a little worrying, personally I think we are in deep trouble and our survival at this level depends entirely on the transfer window 

At the time, Reading were looking like world beaters. I don't think we can be blamed for their drop in form. 

Fulham clearly had a good day and we helped them with some schoolboy errors, in the first half. 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Personally, I'd rather have McCormack or Andre Gray ahead of Austin. 

Granted he gets goals (Yes, I know that's a key factor) but I don't think Austin brings much else to the side. 

I'll take the goals, what it's all about. All about opinions though.

14 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

Not sure that I would call that "good" company.

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Personally, I'd rather have McCormack or Andre Gray ahead of Austin. 

Granted he gets goals (Yes, I know that's a key factor) but I don't think Austin brings much else to the side. 

Gray does look the real deal from what I`ve seen up to now. He seems involved all the time as well as scoring bucketloads.

If only we`d gone for him!

Archived